useing boiling water

huwiesmummy

Gold Member
Ok now its getting cold I need to stop having ice creamy shakes. I use flaxseeds for fiber. Today I tried useing my shake with the flaxseed with boiled water and kept stirring till it was as I wanted.

Is useing boiling water safe for the nutrition of the packs? I know you can't bake or microwave them regularly. I do have them with hot coffee and teas. I wasn't sure if the heat of the water might mess with it. Thanks in advance.

I only have hot shakes, vanilla with coffee is yummy.

So far as i know the hot water doesnt affect the packs in anyway and it warms you up too.

Huwiesmummy what do you normally do with the flaxseed? I have some in the cupboard that I bought when on Atkins but never got around to using them also if making the shakes hot, how do u go about it? Do you make the shake with hot coffee and whisk?

I boil my kettle then pur the amount i need into my jug. Add the vanilla shake and coffee then blend till smooth. I also use a wee tea sieve to make sure i dont get any lumps. Was about £1 in asda.

I used to just pop 2 tablespoons in a shake with lots of ice and wizz it up. What I did to day is 30g (daily limit) and poured my shake on top then used a spatula to mix a little water at a time till my desired thickness (porridge like) came through. Was nice. I wouldn't use any fiber additive in hot fluids that you want to drink as it turns gooie.

I used ground flaxseed from Holland and Barrett not sure how to do it with whole seeds.

Back