Using all syns?

Kgo123

Hi everyone, just a quick question, should you try to use your syns every day- I've found a lot of days I'm not hungry after lots of free food? I've heard it may slow your weight loss down if you don't have them? Currently using 6 on a glass of wine!

I have better losses if I use all my syns.
maybe try it for a few weeks to see if there is a difference for you.
if you find you struggle to use them don't forget about maybe using tomato sauce or a jar of ready made curry sauce etc that you could include with your meal to use them up x

Thank you ! I've been on the diet four weeks now and weight loss slowing , only a pound this week when I've been really strict! Maybe ill try upping my syns a bit, thank you for the advice :)

Ive ALWAYS tried to us all my syns, the way i see it thats what they are there for ;)
If i have weeks where i dont use them as much my weighloss is not as good, as crazy as it sounds more the more i use them the better the lbs are x

You have similar stats to me when I started - I first tried having no syns and losses were slow. Then I had 5-10 and losses were better and I felt much more in control. I then tried 15 syns, losses were good too but I felt like 15 syns was quite a lot to have each day as I tend to use them on junk food (chocolate, biscuits etc) as I don't eat sauces, ready made stuff etc. so I personally aim for 10 a day, some days I am under; and some days when I really *want* some choc ill have it and be within my syns still. Don't eat 15 syns worth for the sake of it, but also don't forget to treat yourself, weither its wine, choc or some sausages!! I lose a steady amount using 10ish syns a day.

also thr other reason you should use your syns is so you have something to cut back on if you plateau. Someone at group rarely uses syns and she might struggle to kick her body out of a plateau if there is nothing to cut back on :)

I also use all 15 syns most days. I think that this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life to reach my target - and stay there this time! I am losing slowly but surely, and am keeping to plan, with treats included lol!

I've been using all my 15 syns for the past few weeks and I have just had either 1/2lb or 1lb losses.

This week I've been using 5 syns per day, so we'll see if it makes a difference on WI night on Tuesday.

:)

Ive been really concious of having few syns as possible and just filling up on free foods.

Maybe il treat myself to that kinder bueno!

I use about 10 a day, I'll have a packet of snack a jacks or French fries at lunch and maybe a chocolate Freddo after dinner, which satisfies my chocolate craving. I lose better when I eat more synned foods. Good luck! X

Back