Using smash as a thickener

Zimara

Yummy mummy to be!
I've got some chicken in the slow cooker at home, i've added stock, leeks, carrots, onion and swede but i want to thicken it.

I've got some smash but never used it as a thickener before, do i just chuck it in and stir??

Just sprinkle and leave for a minute to see if you need to add more. It is best to add it bit by bit so you don't overdo it. I always use it to thicken now.

Just sprinkle and leave for a minute to see if you need to add more. It is best to add it bit by bit so you don't overdo it. I always use it to thicken now.

Thanks! I'll remember for next time:)

LOL yes! forgot i was doing a red day! I used and syn'd some flour instead.
I dont think smash is that high in syns on a red day anyway is it?

could be tooootally wrong though, but sure i read somewhere on here it wasnt much per 100g xx

I dont think smash is that high in syns on a red day anyway is it?

could be tooootally wrong though, but sure i read somewhere on here it wasnt much per 100g xx

Well it's 3syn per 100g made up, i couldn't begin to work out what it is at the dry value!

How much dry stuff do you need to make 100g? Could wor it our from there :)

is the value of it dried not on the packet? like 'per 100 of product' or something? could use the online syns calc then.

is the value of it dried not on the packet? like 'per 100 of product' or something? could use the online syns calc then.

Ooooo forgot about the calc! I'll check when i get home!

Back