• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Using Soup the SW way

Good Morning SW people,

Two days on the scales now I've seen no difference after my great start so I have been for a run - faster lurching stagger while counting lamp posts while no-one else is around :eek: and have a day or two using my version of the Speed Soup.

In the days when I would binge and fast I'd live on the soup for a few days but I'm expecting that to do it the SW way would be to still have the healthy extras? No problem with the A's - I'll still be having lots of hot drinks with soya milk (as I'm vegan). But do I need the Bs? In my soup there are lots of veggies and grains and pulses so I'm pretty well covered nutrition wise. I suppose some nuts wouldn't go amiss but I could live without them for a couple of days.

Thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
You shouldn't really weigh yourself every day while you're trying to lose weight. It sounds to me like you are planning to live on soup so you won't be getting a varied diet if you do it for a few days. Hex's are there to provide a balanced and healthy diet so I would advise you to make sure to have them and to think twice about your strategy because it won't teach you much about healthy eating.

You're not going to see a difference in the scales over just 2 days. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1lb, no matter how much speed soup and running you do, that's still not going to lose a pound over a couple of days - that's why we weigh in weekly!

Stick with it, stay off the scales and see what happens at your next official weigh in.

Also, just re-reading your original post, you really should follow the plan in it's entirity, and have the Healthy Extra's and the syns as well as the free and superfree foods - they're all important to the plan and it works best when you have all that you're allowed.

Yes,

you are of course right. I do find weighing myself helps me keep motivated though and in the first week I love seeing almost a pound fall off each day .... hmmm, I do know it fluctuates and shouldn't be disappointed when it goes up.

I'll fit in some healthy extras - I do need to get a healthy way of eating established. Off I go to see what I'll have as well today.

Thanks again for the replies