using syns

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
is it ok to use 105 over the course of the week rather than 15 daily? i no some people say yes and some say no:confused:xx

Our consultant gave us a weekly value and said to use them as we see fit, though i do subconciously try and stay to 15 a day(thats if i even get near that amount) have gone over once in a daily amount by 1.5 syns but thing is its the same amount of extra calories, weather you eat them spread over or in a group

You can use them weekly, but you should still try and have some syns every day.

SW seem to have changed their stance on this. The old website used to say it was okay to use syns weekly, now they advise to use them daily and don't save them up

At Slimming World we don't recommend that you save all your Syns up for the week, just so you can have a few drinks on a Saturday night. Depriving yourself throughout that week is like putting yourself in a tight corset. Before Saturday night arrives, that corset could well have been flung off, and your eating plan been pushed aside for the week…then the month… then the year.

Food Optimising means that you can allow yourself a flexible Syn day once in a while, and not have to save up Syns beforehand, or deprive yourself afterwards.

I don't save up, never have but the advice from SW is above.

Thing is i generally wouldnt as i could do 105 over a space of a couple of days. Though i am going to london with a friend in a few weeks time and we will be eating out and having a few drinks fo those 2 days i;m going to allocate myself 50 syns as well its WI and i;ve used less then that this week without feeling i need to use more.

just wanted to hear everyones comments i wudnt do it all the time but this week im out on fri so was goin to save them up, i do to need them every day but more on sum days than others xx

I usually have about more syns over the weekend and then use the rest of the syns daily during the week, but I make sure I have at least 5 syns a day.

Denise

Personally I don't do it but if it is the difference between someone staying on plan on going off then I am fine with it. I do think however that you should still have a minimum of 5 syns a day. I suspect SW have changed their tune because people are using all 105 for a binge at the weekend, which is not particularly healthy behaviour.

I've always used them weekly and it suits me to carry on doing this even if SW no longer recommend it. They don't actually say that you can't do it, just that they don't advise it incase you feel deprived on the days where you have less syns.
I've found that it makes the plan more enjoyable for me to know that I can have more syns at the weekend (not for alcohol by the way).

I personally give myself a max of 105 over the course of a week, as opposed to 15 per day.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I have no syns on a daily basis, and then I go mad at the weekend and blow them all at once.. I would tend to have between 5-8 per day, but at the weekend I do like a bottle of wine....or two! :D

I've always used them weekly and it suits me to carry on doing this even if SW no longer recommend it. They don't actually say that you can't do it, just that they don't advise it incase you feel deprived on the days where you have less syns.
I've found that it makes the plan more enjoyable for me to know that I can have more syns at the weekend (not for alcohol by the way).

Totally agree with this! I don't feel deprived during the week as I know I can have a bit of a treat at the weekend. If that wasn't an option I don't think I would have stuck to the plan so successfully.

Circes said:
Personally I don't do it but if it is the difference between someone staying on plan on going off then I am fine with it. I do think however that you should still have a minimum of 5 syns a day. I suspect SW have changed their tune because people are using all 105 for a binge at the weekend, which is not particularly healthy behaviour.

Funny, my C used to talk about flexisyns all the time but since Xmas shes really started to emphasise that they should only be saved for the weekend on very special occasions.

Back