Using up Propoints

Hi Kerry.

I have the same problem and was about to ask the same. I have an allowance to 29 but have only used 19 and have had my three meals. I feel like I would be having a bag of crisps just to top up the points, surely that is not the aim of a diet!

Hopefully someone has the answer.

Seons

Hi Folks,
I was wondering the same thing, only started the pro points today. Do we have to use up our daily points allowance every day?
K x

Hi ladies,
What I took away from our ww meeting yesterday was yes u have to use your daily points as u can not carry them over to another day & the personal daily propoints u were advised to use is the amount u need to consume for weightloss...

Hoping this help's xxx

No worries Kerry-Ann,
I'm slowly starting to like the new plan too, it's just wreaking my head the change in points, I knew the points of everything so well on the old plan, ah well it's good for a change & make's it all abit more exciting...
Let's hope the results are good :) !!!!!

Do you mind me being cheeky and asking what you ate? 19pp for three meals is impressive... :)

Sure no probs.

For breakfast I had mini weetabix 4, skimmed milk 1

Snacks I had a banana

Lunch I had 2 slices warbatons healthy inside brown bread (the small loaf) 2 slices is 2 pts. 35g low fat cheddar - 2 pts. Slices tomato- 0 pts A tin of ww tomato soup 1 pt and some melon 0 pts

Dinner was a m& s fuller for longer duck, noodle and hoisin sauce - 9 pts and some cherries 0 pts.

Total 19

I weighed and pointed everything on the new iPhone app so should be correct. I ended up eating pringles and dip to make up the other 10 even though I didn't need them!

If you think I've pointed wrong please let me know as I don't want to be over eating.

Sorry Kerry Anne forgot to add I only started on Tuesday. Think I need to work out a way to spread my point better over the day. I still haven't touched any of my extra 49. I'm sure it's just that first week eager beaver syndrome and within a week or two I'll be using up every point possible! Lol. What about you?

Seons

Hi Seons,

That all looks ok, except the soup - Some things in the shops are still on the old plan, the Discover points, and these are usually lower than the new Propoints values. Was it the plain Tomato soup? That's 2pp, the Tomato & Basil one is 3pp. Even so that's only 1 or 2 extra points..

They say that you should aim to have your daily allowance every day, and that you can't carry over anything, you can't bank points for a special night out at the weekend, for example, but that's what the weekly allowance is for ;) I do have days where I stuff myself on veg and only have a few points...

It is tough sometimes to use all the points - My leader advised that I swap "low calorie" things like the WW bread for "normal" things, like normal medium sliced bread, to use up more points. Seems to work ok :)

Last edited:
Ah Seons ur probably right two little eager beavers here tryin to be teachers pet lol !!! I only started on wednesday nite so all new to me too. It will be interesting to see if we are still complaining about too many points in a few weeks time........... keep in touch it would be nice to have someone to follow this hard journey with, and keep up the good work through the weekend.

Kerry

Thanks auburn.

I have managed to space it out better today and have used all 29. All a bit trial and error. I hope the ww products get updated with the new points soon. I have a couple of meals in the freezer so will be sure to re-point them before I eat them.

I was in Morrisons today, and most of their WW stuff is now half price or cheaper - I guess they want to clear the old-packaging out! Get there if you like jam, it's all 68p a jar, I'm well stocked haha!
The jars of sauces, and some of the ready meals I noticed had the new packaging. I'm glad it looks quite different!

The other thing to watch too, with M&S, Morrisons, Tescos - These are the ones I know of that have Weightwatchers points on their packaging for the healthy-eating ranges. I haven't noticed any of these change over yet...eep. I'm sure they will soon!

Good luck for your first week Kerry :D

Hello everyone,

Could anyone help me further with regards to this thread? Its my first week, do we have to also use all of the extra 49 weekly pp we are given. I am using all my 29 pp per day, but dont think i will use hardly any of my 49.
Also, hubby is on 55pp per day (wish we could share them!!) and he doesnt seem to be using the 49 either. will this effect our losses, I just feel that if i use them up for the sake of it before WI on Thursday, it will make me not lose any weight. Still trying to get my head round it.

Many thanks

Hi again Kerry

There seems to be a lot of conflicting advice esp on the ww facebook page. A ww leader has now gone on facebook to say daily points must be used but weekly are optional. Some people seem to be saying they only lose the weight if they use the 49 and others are ok. I guess we need to give it a few weeks and see what works for us.

Good luck with your first weigh in tomorrow :)

S

i think it's just trial and error,,this is my first week on pro points and i've used about 30 of my weekly's,,if i'm up on thursday then i'll cut back on them and see how that goes

Back