1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Utter fitness beginner Pilates questions

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by chloe83, 29 January 2014 Social URL.

1. chloe83

chloe83 Well-Known Member

I am ashamed to admit that I have not doing anything fitness related in 12 years now! However I have lost 3 1/2 stones through Weight watchers, I am 1 stone away from my goal weight and blimey now I can actually see my body through the fat it seriously needs some help!

I have had a long standing back injury and now my doctor can no longer say 'loose weight' she is referring me for physio and has recommended Pilates classes. Now I have found a Pilates class at my local pool and gym so I have figured why no just go for it and get a three month subscription and see how I go with the pilates, swimming and 'other classes' which I am as yet unsure of.

Any advice on how I go about doing this and not give myself a heart attack?! The Pilates classes are on a Wednesday evening, so I was thinking Monday they have an aerobics class, Weight watcher's Tuesday, Pilates Wednesday, Friday swimming?

Also what on earth do people wear to pilates? All the photos I see are stick thin women in tight lycra shorts and crop tops! I may not be obese any more but I sure do no not have the confidence to wear legging without a skirt!

Is Pilates even tiring? From what I have read it seems to be more about control of muscles rather than exercising as such.