Utter fitness beginner Pilates questions

chloe83

I am ashamed to admit that I have not doing anything fitness related in 12 years now! However I have lost 3 1/2 stones through Weight watchers, I am 1 stone away from my goal weight and blimey now I can actually see my body through the fat it seriously needs some help!

I have had a long standing back injury and now my doctor can no longer say 'loose weight' she is referring me for physio and has recommended Pilates classes. Now I have found a Pilates class at my local pool and gym so I have figured why no just go for it and get a three month subscription and see how I go with the pilates, swimming and 'other classes' which I am as yet unsure of.

Any advice on how I go about doing this and not give myself a heart attack?! The Pilates classes are on a Wednesday evening, so I was thinking Monday they have an aerobics class, Weight watcher's Tuesday, Pilates Wednesday, Friday swimming?

Also what on earth do people wear to pilates? All the photos I see are stick thin women in tight lycra shorts and crop tops! I may not be obese any more but I sure do no not have the confidence to wear legging without a skirt!

Is Pilates even tiring? From what I have read it seems to be more about control of muscles rather than exercising as such.

Back