V Festival worries....

Little_Jade

Going to V festival this wknd! Cant wait gona have a fab time!
Any one got any tips on how to steer clear of the chips and pizza vans lol? :)

I'm going too for first time. Don't know how I'm going to get on with the food. My OH been twice before and says there's alsorts to eat. Whiter any of it is SW friendly I don't know! Just going to try my best and hope I dance enough to odder all the syns. X

There are so many food choices at festivals - you will find a sw friendly food stall!

Hiya

Im going too! Went last year, but wasn't on SW then.!

Now 3 weeks in to the plan, and hand lost 7.5lb do far and don't want to undo all the work bit still have a good time!

Really hope it works out, and we all find something even remotely SW friendly to eat (in order to offset the damage done by the drinking!)

I'm planning on being 100% until Friday morning, and getting back on plan Monday lunchtime. Let's hope we can all do it!

Enjoy the weekend ladies

H x

Had a look at the festival feature online - check it out if you haven't already because it's got loads of tips etc that might help you get through!

It inspired me, but I'll give it another read on Thursday night just to see if it's effects will last slightly longer than when I get that first drink in my hand on Friday! ?

H x

I went last year and had the most amazing time, going again this year :)

Last year there was a healthy section that did healthy food and had relaxing places to sit so I managed to stay on plan most of the weekend. Although I didn't count the alcohol lol.

It will b a bit of a challenge with all the lovely smelling food but the healthy bit had loads of choice and was so nice :)

Have fun x

I went v a couple of years ago when I was doing SW and lost 5lbs the week I went ( even after having a dominoes, oops). Dance like an idiot to example and David guetta and you'll burn loads. Not sure if they're there this year but I ate ostrich burgers when I went as they have less fat in them than chicken, there's also jacket potatos and noodles to keep you on track, can do the salads if you want but that's a but boring at a festival.
Stick to diet coke and avoid alcohol, is it really worth the massive amount of syns and guilt?

I've been to Leeds fest ever year for the past 4 years and have lost weight every time..5lb in 5 days last year. If you have a cooker with you take a few packs of noodles for at night, I usually take some hex bars and bananas for breakfast and find that in the arena from 12-11ish most days you don't fancy food that much. I always drink as much as I want to but try to stick with low syn alcohol like vodka rather than beer/cider.

If you fancy something that's syns don't even worry about it being on your feet for 11 hours a day and dancing/walking up big hills means your have to eat a LOT to put on :)

Great reading all the advice from people who have been before. I resigned myself to a gain and therefore not sticking to plan at all for the wk (got weighed this morning). But now I'm going to have a sucess express day tomorrow and pack some hifi's and try to make some healthier choices. Thank you and hope those of you that are going this year have a great time. X

I think eating healthy food will be really easy if there are lots of good food choices so I wont feel deprived! Altho I drink alot!!! I think i will defo manage to dance the calories off tho! Thanks 4 ur help guyd

I'm going too! I'm really excited, it's my first time to a festival. At the minute I'm more worried about the rain than I am the food and drink though!!!!!

Snap becca! Bought my first ever pair of wells yesterday and really don't want to wear them. Just not a wellie type of gal! X

Hi when i went to v i had a chow main its low in syns & was lovely, theres loads to choose from, wish i was going, have a great time:)

As others have said, at all festivals there will be stalls doing stir fry with noodles or rice, and stalls selling jacket potatoes. Both good choices!

Hey guys!!! I got back today after a wicked weekend! Had soooooo much fun, however I did eat crap every single day the diet went straight out the window! We did a lot of walking so I'm hoping a 2lb gain at the most. How did you all do???

Becca Wecca said:
Hey guys!!! I got back today after a wicked weekend! Had soooooo much fun, however I did eat crap every single day the diet went straight out the window! We did a lot of walking so I'm hoping a 2lb gain at the most. How did you all do???

Hey v was awesome, I'm so shattered now though, need to catch up on sleep which is near impossible ( I have a 2 year old and a 6 week old)

I tried to be semi good. Ate at wetherspoond each day, still not brilliant but could have been worse, and had an ostrich burger on the saturday Not looking forward to weigh in Thursday.

Back