Vacuum cleaners

Safia

Gold Member
Hiya can anyone suggest a good vacuum that lasts. I had a electrolux which was ok and lasted 2 years and than i brought a vax which after 2 months has started losing suction so will be returning that one once i find an alternative one to buy. Should i go for a dyson or is there something better or same for a better price. I prefer cylinder ones and bagless ones but just cant decide on what to get because i have to use it often during the day which is why the suction on the vax is messed up so i like the vac handles to be light and with the dyson ones i find them a bit heavy or maybe its because i am not used to it x

MrsWilsoncroft said:
We recently bought a dyson dc33, it was a bargain at £120.
its really lightweight and makes carpet look brand new again xxx

Dyson DC33 Animal

I'm thinking dyson too as there seems to be more good than bad reviews for them. Lol i'm steering clear of uprights, before the vax we brought the bissell upright vac and wow it made the carpets look new but it took me over 20 mins to carpet when it should not take me more than 4 or 5 mins. That went back after a week because i couldnt get used to it but it was the best vac we had so far x

I have a dyson, no idea what model my mum bought me it, but after having some other brands I'd never go back now, love my dyson and had it 2 or so years, not had any problems yet. It needs emptying and hoping my boyfriend remembers tomorrow otherwise I'll have to do it during the week and I hate emptying it, but I'll get over that lol

I would suggest a Hetty or a Henry! Good basic vacs! I tried various ones and then went for one of those as I noticed that lots of cleaners and workmen etc seemed to use them and its been great.

I agree! We have a Hetty and it's amazing! Although I note that you want bagless and obviously this isn't, but if you were willing to change on that, these are brilliant, and a bargain in comparison to the Dyson's.

I had a dyson and was not impressed. I might have been unlucky and have got a "Monday morning" one.

I have a Miele and love it.

[h=1]MONSTER SUCTION
The new S8 Miele Vacuum Cleaner[/h][h=3]So effective, so powerful, it's scary.[/h]The new S8 Miele Vacuum Cleaner has a powerful 2200 watt motor and an advanced filtration system all this with unique features and quality testing to ensure ease of use for many years.

We have a Henry and he's brilliant, much better than the vax we had before! We have a dog and Henry gets up all the hair, sand and the general mess that my hairy baby brings in on his paws from outside! X

I'm going to have to vote for Henry as well! I love his wee face smiling up at me, he makes me laugh every day.

i'm easily amused :)

Lol my husband liked the look of henry too but unfortunately i said i wanted the vax! When i went to john lewis before i brought the vax i was told to go for the dyson or miele shoild have listened. My husband has put his foot down and said he will have the final say so lets see if he goes for the henry or miele as he liked both of those before or he might go for the dyson i want x

I recently bought a Dyson dc19 and it's tiny and powerful - does carpets and wood so suits my needs!

I got it on debenhams when there was a special offer and if was under £200 if I remember correctly. You get a 5 year warranty with dyson too.

My Henry performs just as well as my sister's fancy Dyson and has lasted YEARS and hopefully many more to come. Only gripe is its a bit heavy but I guess the newer ones aren't so bad?

We have a Henry now after years of Dyson, much more reliable, spares available for the hose accessories, use one at work, good workhorse! scrapped a Dyson because one part is not available anymore.........

Back