Valentines Day

Lonestitcher said:
So now you know what to do Foxy....

Move next door to someone from your childhood, go to college and university with them (where they will teach you to drive), lose contact with them, find them again on the internet, find that you are going to the same place on holiday (at a theme park), arrange to meet in the cocktail bar, get drunk and then throw yourself at them!!!

And it will all be happy ever after... :D :D :D

I suspect you might be able to bypass most of them & just skip right to 'meet in a cocktail bar, get drunk & then throw yourself at them :) :)

Come to think of it, i'm not even sure you need to arrange to meet them before hand!

I met my hubby in a local cocktail bar & we arranged to meet in the same place on NYE which was a couple of days later. We were engaged within the year so now 10 years on we are married with 3 kids!!!

For valentines I will probably cook a nice SW friendly meal & he will (better) get me flowers (though I have hinted at a new set of kettleworx dvds!!! lol) We usually have a late tea after the kids have gone to bed.

I've just ordered a card with a pizza express gift card in it and booked us a table for 14th, not v slimming world friendly but he likes it there and it's only 1 night. Our anniversary is 18th so I'll let him organise something for then!

We met nearly 6 years ago in a bar and we got engaged in Rome in December so this will be our first valentines day as a fiancé!

xxx

Its my babys 1st birthday on valentines day :D Not gonna be a romantic one this year lol...Better than last year though ha ha! Tea party for the kids is the plan :)

Met my hubby on the bus on the way to school in 2000 (at 16). We went to different schools but got the same bus when i moved house. Got married in 2002 and 12 years and 4 kids later love him more than ever :heartpump:

chun-ky said:
Its my babys 1st birthday on valentines day :D Not gonna be a romantic one this year lol...Better than last year though ha ha! Tea party for the kids is the plan :)

Met my hubby on the bus on the way to school in 2000 (at 16). We went to different schools but got the same bus when i moved house. Got married in 2002 and 12 years and 4 kids later love him more than ever :heartpump:

That is so cute!! Lucky baby :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Will be going to sw class and that's about it.
Never bother with valentines, been married 28years. We met at work.

Hmm... my boyf is out of work at the mo so I don't think he'll be surprising me with a weekend away or anything (boo)... I noticed this morning that a restaurant round the corner from me is doing a 4 course Valentines meal with unlimited wine (including chocolate fondue)... Hmm... That's probably all syn-free, isn't it..? : )

Oh, and we met at a music festival in Budapest.

x

We can't afford to go out, I'll try and cook something nice, I've bought a cheapo card ;) we met when he came to fit my Sky + he moved in 3 weeks later, lol we didn't even go n a date! I'm not one for wasting time or fuss ;) been happy as Larry for 7 years. X

We don't do anything either (same for anniversary), don't really see the point. We'll have to get something for ds since they make a big deal of it in school.

We met because our I was dating his best friend (and vice versa) in school and we all hung out at his house (his dad worked midnights and was never home) one thing led to another...and here we are 20 years later. Married for the last 10.

We're going to our favourite restaurant on the 15th. My weigh in day is Monday so I am going to have to be saintly the days following!

We met at various friends' parties over the course of a couple of years but never really noticed one another. Then at one of these parties we got chatting and he smiled down at me and I felt it in my stomach! 2 months later he asked me out and we've now been together nearly 16 months. He's just wonderful. I've had some really awful boyfriends in the past so that just makes it all the more sweeter :D

I live in hope that for once I won't have to stand in the kitchen and cook... I think I will be disappointed unless I'm the one the suggests doing something, which I refuse!

Hubby has had 2 romantic moments since we got together so I know he does have it in him which makes it all the more frustrating

We're having a home cooked dinner (sadly, me cooking, but it will at least be on plan!), then weight watchers dessert, and just having an evening chilling.

We met on holiday at Butlins in April 2001, and married in November 2002! (when I was only 17 EEK! )

im doing dinner in for us :) then will watch something with some bubbles :)

We met in the most romantic of places!! ASDA lol we were both working there, I was with my ex fiance when I first started but we broke up and me and Jamie just clicked and after a one night thing another boyfriend then a very drunken new years eve I threw myself at him in the most disgusting pathetic way and for some reason the fool took me on lol. Three glorious weeks later I was preggers lmao ( I already had 1 son from my ex fiance) we got married after 2 and a half years and now have 5 kids altogether lol couldn't be much happier tbh tho :)

I'll be sat at home on my lonesome and I've a feeling the bf will forget me! That said he did remember my Bday and Xmas lol xxx

Last edited:
I shall be sat at home all on my lonesome too... oh apart from the company of a bottle of wine - decided to treat myself!

KittenKat said:
I shall be sat at home all on my lonesome too... oh apart from the company of a bottle of wine - decided to treat myself!

KK what have we said about this babe!! You need 'me' time and me and you can be lonely on here together! I was going to say while everyone else is loved up, but I'm loved up he just is away lol xxx

KK what have we said about this babe!! You need 'me' time and me and you can be lonely on here together! I was going to say while everyone else is loved up, but I'm loved up he just is away lol xxx

Thanks hon :)

Back