Valentines Day

foxy_lox

Silver Member
Just wondering what everyone is doing/planning do u even bother lol. For me it will a normal day ?
How about u? Ooohhhhh and how did u meet ur other half? Yes okay okay I'm single a girl needs some hope for the future lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

foxy_lox said:
Just wondering what everyone is doing/planning do u even bother lol. For me it will a normal day ?
How about u? Ooohhhhh and how did u meet ur other half? Yes okay okay I'm single a girl needs some hope for the future lol lol

I'm going to SW class. Me and my OH never bother with valentines, we see it as a waste of money. Plus it's my birthday few weeks after.
I met my OH at college 7 years ago. Got engaged about 18 months ago- but we're not marrying for quite some years yet due to money and we both live at home with our parents.

foxy_lox said:

For me I'll be celebrating it when the Bf gets back in April xx

Met my OH at university we have been together almost 7 years. Valentines is one of those days when sometimes we have gone out for a meal and sometimes we just stay in with a takeaway.

I'm off to the dentist on the morning of valentines day :( not sure what shift OH is on yet at work, I know we won't be going out for a meal anywhere as the priced are horrific! If he's not in work it'll prob be a home cooked sw meal by me and he can do the washing up lol. Oh and we met online

Normally we either order a nice meal from the takeaway, or have a SW friendly meal at home. This year OH isn't even sure he'll be here as he might be away with work. We have decided to move our Valentine's celebrations so that they coincide with Superbowl Sunday (5th Feb) and are going out for a change (non-SW friendly - but yummy all the same ;) ). A nice restaurant meal, at a reasonable price, with the added bonus that we might get a good service!!

Cards will be left for exchange on the 14th.

Brother-in-laws 30th birthday celebrations on the Sat 18th. (He is actually a Valentine's day birthday!!)

OH and I have been together for 20 years (last November) and married for 10 (last August). We met at college.

No idea yet. Will exchange token gifts (things that we want, rather than a bear clutching a heart), probably a card, and I think he is cooking, so looks like soup and cheese toasties!

We 'met' online over a year ago, engaged at crimbo 2011, wedding due June 2013 (booking this Friday) :)

There's always hope, someone will pitch up when you least expect it. Or, when you are having a bad hair/trouser/boob/skin day :D

We won't be celebrating Valentines day as we see it as a waste of money & we're not that romantic:D

I met OH Christmas eve 1982 at a nightclub. I was drunk & arranged to meet him at the bus station the following week. As I got off the bus I was hoping he would already be there & smile as I walked up to him, which would help me out as I couldn't remember what he looked like:rolleyes: He was already there so I didn't have any embarrasment.

We'll be doing nothing. We have never done anything in 14 years. In fact we were discussing last night (we always like to check we are both still on the same page with regards to it being a bit pointless) How we met? I went to school with him & he lived next door. I am a walking cliche :). My first ever boyfiend was his best man at our wedding!

Well I will be at my SW class then will prob just get a Chinese takeaway & go to my boyfriends house!! We're still early in our relationship only 4 months together and we met out in a cocktail bar, I wasn't at all interested and & he kept texting me & I said what have I got to lose to go on a date with him, so I did & totally fell for him :)

My lovely hubby has booked us w/e away for valentines, log cabin in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but a hottub in the garden! :)
We always do something for valentines, he is a right romantic guy even after being together 6 years & married 4 of them.

As for how we met - he was my driving instructor & we kept in touch after I got through my test, then got together

We used to go out for a meal on valentine's night but it's got so expensive we don't bother anymore! Still exchange cards and little gifts like chocolate.

Met my hubby on holiday 18 years ago (been married for 7 years) - cliche holiday romance!

We never do cards and presents but usually either go out for a meal or get a nice takeaway in. My OH is on night shift for it this year so were going to go out the sunday before for something to eat.

We met when he started drinking in the pub i was working in but nothing happened till I had a night off and got horrifically drunk and basically just walked over to him and jumped on him! :ashamed0005: :D

Loving all these stories ?????

So now you know what to do Foxy....

Move next door to someone from your childhood, go to college and university with them (where they will teach you to drive), lose contact with them, find them again on the internet, find that you are going to the same place on holiday (at a theme park), arrange to meet in the cocktail bar, get drunk and then throw yourself at them!!!

And it will all be happy ever after... :D :D :D

Ill be going to class, which goes on till about half 9, so there will be no time todo anythig after. Instead i might cook my OH a nice meal the day after. Maybe a nice steak, and something yummy for pudding.

I met OH in Dec 07 at a kids softplay centre, but he gave me his mates number. Needless to say i wasnt interested in his friend, hooked up with him and weve been together since. We have a 2 year old daughter and are getting married in August :)

Lonestitcher said:
So now you know what to do Foxy....

Move next door to someone from your childhood, go to college and university with them (where they will teach you to drive), lose contact with them, find them again on the internet, find that you are going to the same place on holiday (at a theme park), arrange to meet in the cocktail bar, get drunk and then throw yourself at them!!!

And it will all be happy ever after... :D :D :D

Pmsl x it gives me hope x only been single for a month after ten years lol it's strange but exciting at the same time lol if that makes sense x

Pmsl x it gives me hope x only been single for a month after ten years lol it's strange but exciting at the same time lol if that makes sense x

Makes perfect sense to me hon, I've been on my own since the end of September after 4 years, and even now it still feels strange at times! I still can't get used to being able to arrange or do things without having to pass it past someone else!!

On the whole then it's pretty good and I am enjoying it, but every now and again I wish I had someone there to give me a hug or a cuddle when I've had a bad day!

KittenKat said:
Makes perfect sense to me hon, I've been on my own since the end of September after 4 years, and even now it still feels strange at times! I still can't get used to being able to arrange or do things without having to pass it past someone else!!

On the whole then it's pretty good and I am enjoying it, but every now and again I wish I had someone there to give me a hug or a cuddle when I've had a bad day!

I hear ya hun!! But it's nice to not have to wash football kit, watch football, sky sport news ? x I now I can have mushrooms with everything lol ?

Me & bf are not romantic at all, so we might get each other a card, but that's about it. I don't feel the need to wait til 14th Feb to tell him I love him!!

Back