Valentines Day

Going for a slap up dinner and on to a shoe. Cant wait !

That typo made me laugh out loud. BF was confused. Ha.

I'm cooking tomorrow night. Parents are away so he's coming here. We can't afford to move in together so we don't get much alone time really. It's always either here with my parents or at his with his flatmates. So he's coming here and Im going to do the steak dish from this month's mag. We'll probably watch a film or something as well. It was his birthday yesterday, and I'd ordered his present online but it's apparently going to be really late so I ended up giving him his Valentine's gifts yesterday instead. He'll get a card tomorrow. It's a nice card. ;)

EDIT: forgot to put how we met:

actually is quite funny. We "went out" in year 7, by which I mean we said we were going out and literally did nothing about it. Didn't even hold hands. Ha. He, mature soul that he was back then, sent me text saying "U R DUMPED HAHA". Was quite funny really. I forgot about it, didn't see him for years. Randomly ran into him in the local club and he apologised for his behaviour years ago, lol. then he added me on facebook and sent me a message saying I was beautiful and stuff. I was at uni. He was hinting he wanted to come visit, I got a bit drunk and invited him up (lol). Was really nervous about it but ended up completely falling for him which was lucky. We'll be together 3 years in may.

Last edited:
we swap cards and we are having a Tesco dine in for 2 meal with cava. Already syn'd it and its high!! So gonna have to be good all week!! Will be worth it though as it looks gorgeous!!

We have been together 7 and half year, married for 3 and half. Have 4 children. We met online :)

I'm cooking a replica wedding breakfast meal tonight as its our first married valentines! I have got him a couple of small gifts and a card :)

Love my hubby!

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

My Paul works nights to keep a roof over our heads, he does all the washing and ironing, cooks a roast every Sunday, and is obsessed with hoovering.... Why would I need anything on Valentines Day when he displays so much love every day?

Besides he's working tonight!

We met in a Nightclub I was so drunk! I gave him my phone number but wouldn't meet up with him for a month because I'd had trouble with one guy who bought me ONE drink in the local and acted like he owned me and another from my church who thought as I was a single mum I would be grateful for his attentions (yuk)!
Anyway we spoke daily on the phone, then his mate rang me and told me to stop messing his mate about!
Fell in love on the first 'date' he sort of didn't propose on the third date lol!
He said 'I want to ask you something but it's too soon'
I answered 'it's ok the answer is yes'!

This November will be our 19th Anniversary, we've been together 20 years in April.
He's a good, good man.

My Paul works nights to keep a roof over our heads, he does all the washing and ironing, cooks a roast every Sunday, and is obsessed with hoovering.... Why would I need anything on Valentines Day when he displays so much love every day?

Besides he's working tonight!

We met in a Nightclub I was so drunk! I gave him my phone number but wouldn't meet up with him for a month because I'd had trouble with one guy who bought me ONE drink in the local and acted like he owned me and another from my church who thought as I was a single mum I would be grateful for his attentions (yuk)!
Anyway we spoke daily on the phone, then his mate rang me and told me to stop messing his mate about!
Fell in love on the first 'date' he sort of didn't propose on the third date lol!
He said 'I want to ask you something but it's too soon'
I answered 'it's ok the answer is yes'!

This November will be our 19th Anniversary, we've been together 20 years in April.
He's a good, good man.

Does he have a younger brother Shirleen?! ;)

Nothing ever turns up for me on Valentines day. Never has. No cards, no flowers....yet after all these years I still hope :cry:

Sorry Hun! His older sister is single but then you'd have to turn.... And then turn her lol!!!

I don't bother with Valentines' day really, I hate that all the restaurants are busy and have more expensive menus on! Would much rather go out for our anniversary (dating anniversary I'm not married yet lol) it's more special.

So wee night in chilling with an indian takeaway yum, not going to bother worrying about syns tonight and just get back on it tomorrow.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who met my partner when I was drunk haha!! :D ended up talking to him outside a pub (he was a bouncer there at the time) about disney princesses of all random topics haha!! He asked what club I was going to later, said he might see me there later (turns out he had no plans of going there til he found out I was!!) saw him a couple times but wasn't ready for anything serious as was just out a relationship. Stayed friends for a few years and ended up going out again.

Been with him almost 4 years now :) Was pretty handy as already knew him as a friend for years before we started going out the 2nd time!! Guess somethings are just meant to be :D x

Hubby and I still do Valentine day, which for us is a card, chocolate, and a nice meal at home. We've been together 6yrs 20th Feb and married for nearly 3yrs with 2 small children

I met hubby on match.com, chatted for 2days, met on the 3rd and fell for each other immediately

Me and hubby have been married 3 and half years and we do Valentines Day with cards and he buys me either flowers or a plant. :lilkiss:

This year he bought me a bonsai plant which I love and which will last longer than flowers. He does loads around the house and cooks wonderful food too. I can't grumble....even though I do sometimes :rolleyes:

Well i wore them today lol

He actually did buy them, off his own back!!! (with a little help from a friend lol)

Perfume, wine and red roses delivered today, he is working in London this week, I'll treat him to a card in the sale as I've not had chance to pop out and buy one yet, opps :p

Last edited:
My amazing boyfriend has made me stay in his house since sunday as ive been really sick & he wanted to look after me, he got up this morning and I got nothing :( then this afternoon I was presented with valentines cupcakes & a swarovski crystal charm bracelet with a red high heel shoe charm that has diamonds on the inside :) I'm just shocked and feel real pants for buying him just a small valentines type present!!?

Back