Vanessa Dukan Diary 2 Jan 2012

Vixx said:
It's likely to just be water weight so stick to it in the next few days and you should soon be back on track.

I hope so!! Lol
I must admit i thought so too - as in water and glycogen carb rebound - especially since it was not even 36hours of binge - obviously im now learning a hard lesson for that wee bit complacent thought re quick-on quick-off principle! DOOMED!! Lol

Anyway - todays menu:
Day 19 Cruise - PP (sorta attack day 2)
Thu 26 Jan (0.75 gain)

B: yogurt
L: scrambled egg, quark, ham; diet coke
S: jelly, picky chicken
D: galette, smoked salmon, chicken
S: jelly, diet coke

Day 20 Cruise - PP 3
Fri 27 Jan (2.5 of gain lost / 6.25 of gain to go)

B: yogurt
L: galette, smoked salmon, prawns
S: jelly, diet coke
D: scrambled egg, prawns, ham
S: jelly, jelly, jelly

Day 21 Cruise (pv 1 of 3)
Sat 28 Jan
4.0 of gain lost / 4.75 of gain to go

B: yogurt and rhubarb
S: picky ham
L: stir fry chicken, BBQ sauce, noodles, beansprouts, brocolli, baby corn, mange tout, spring onion, jelly
S: picky smoked salmon, jelly
D: quark galette and bolognaise mince, jelly
S: frozen raspberry yogurt

Last edited:
Day 22 Cruise (pv 2 of 3)
Sun 29 Jan - STS

S: jelly
L: poached salmon, stir fry noodles, beansprouts, brocolli, baby corn, mange tout, spring onion, BBQ sauce
S: frozen strawberry muller light!!!
D: quark galette and chicken in veg soup, diet coke, jelly

Last edited:
your doing fine again :) just watch the baby corn (not allowed) & the fruit yoghurts (again not allowed/tollerated item)

ellie1969 said:
your doing fine again :) just watch the baby corn (not allowed) & the fruit yoghurts (again not allowed/tollerated item)

OMG NO WAY!!!

Im so not getting it right with the veg am i? first sugar snap peas - now baby corn!

I know its becoming my mantra - but that damn incomplete/out of date Dukan book!!! Ive literally JUST finished my day 3 stir fry of 3 of 3 pv days! And when i say literally, i mean literally - the empty plate is still sat in front of me!!

I had half a pack of the same mix of stir fry veg on day 1&2 of this 3day PV stint but today i had a WHOLE pack (but with no shirataki noodles to compensate for proportions) rather than it be wasted when i go onto pp days tomorrow!

Aaaarrrrrggh - and yes, weight loss HAS stalled for last 3 days and im not even half way back to my weight prior to that horrific 8.75lb gain cos of 36hours off plan :( :( :(

Oh dear, listen to me ... Moany'Ness or what!!! I know its my own bleddy fault but i thought i was doing right!!!!! :(

Day 22 Cruise (pv 3 of 3)
Mon 30 Jan - sts

L: chicken, poached salmon, stir fry noodles, beansprouts, brocolli, baby corn, mange tout, spring onion, RS soy sauce; jelly, diet coke
S: frozen yogurt, raspberry muffins, diet coke
D: chicken in veg soup, dollop quark, couple bits picky smoked salmon and ham
S: yogurt, jellys

(ps: baby corn no more!!! Lol)

LOL ... how are you flavouring your raspberry muffins ?

ellie1969 said:
LOL ... how are you flavouring your raspberry muffins ?

Da Vinci syrup flavouring fom lowcarbmegastore! First attempt in muffins - ok'ish - tho it looked nuclear lol. I have tried it in yogurt and freezing for pretend ice cream and it was MINGING!

I'm having a nightmare, if truth be told, with flavourings etc - I spent a fortune on Dukan ones - dark Choc, creme brûlée, caramel and cheddar cheese and bought Dukan recipe book stupidly thinking they wud work together!!! But I now can't find any recipes (or online) for them that are do-able or me or with clues on how much to use and my every attempt at experimentation has been VILE! The aroma of the flavoured food is so chemical that it flavours the actual taste even more - if u know what I mean! The Choc in skimmed milk wasnt even remotely drinkable which was really frustrating as i miss my nightly options hot Choc even more than bread!

Ocht im sounding all moany'ness again! It's just I'm struggling so much with this whole thing now! I'm doing my absolute best to overcome potential pitfalls with extra ideas (never mind huge expense) with flavourings etc - to no avail! I've been dukan'ng for just over 29 days (bar my one evening of off-plan Choccy nibbles followed by a day off-plan) and I'm heavier now than I was after my 5 day attack! That's with no other veering off course in all that time other than one strawberry muller light yogurt and my genuine mistakes with baby corn and sugar snap peas!!!

Ocht ocht Ocht sorry - I'm away to kick masel' up the jacksi... PMA and all that! Success is sticking to it when the going gets tough and not just coasting with the easy times - blah de blah pish blah! :) :) :)

Vx

i find 4 drops of the caramel flavouring in yoghurt with sweetner to taste is fine for me ... the choclate is minging lol

Thank you ellie - so much! Just tried that - it tasted ok and ive stuck it in feeezer to try as pretend ice-cream this evening - to stop me eating the toffee muller lghts already in freezer! Im not an ice cream fiend normally but am liking frozen yogurt just now as it takes a long time to eat and feels like a treat while curled in front of tv lol...

Genuinely im totally grateful - and hopefully thats one flav bottle not written off now lol. Am hopeful ill find recipes/ideas in time to use others - apart from maybe the minging chocolate lol ;)

On that subject, Ive spent a lot of time again today trawling t'internet for recipes/meal ideas cos im worried that im so close to cracking up! I really really dont want to give up! I so believe in dukan principles especially conso and stab phases! But i gotta get my head back into believing it'll work for me - and see results - to get me out of this danger zone!

Hubby away to hunt down some reduced fat cocoa powder for panic times - found great recipe for choc truffles and choc pannacotta mmmm and will make hot choc with it when desperate! Am also quite excited to be trying dukan bread later and plan to top with quark and tuna (and maybe some trusty smoked salmon)

Im now off to try find a recipe for pp soup that doesnt involve oatbran (using todays allowance in bread) or stock cubes (trying to avoid stock and stay as pure basic as poss for this 3 day pp phase and im already using wheat bran in the bread :( ) to get losses kickstarted again!

Im determined to be positive (but if im honest im terrified how ill react if i have no significant change when next pv phase starts on Fri)

Thanks again Ellie - dont know where id be today without you!

Last edited:
Day 23 Cruise (pp 1 of 3 PP)
Tues 31 Jan - sts

B: total yogurt
S: picky ham, picky smoked salmon; jelly, diet coke
L: dukan bread, quark, smoked salmon, ham DELICIOUS!!!!
D: ham and prawns and quarky scrambled egg
S: jelly, frozen caramel yogurt

So much for being as pure as poss this pp phase and avoiding tolerateds - bread used tbsp wheatbran and tsp baking powder of said tolerateds!!! Also im perhaps slightly over on dairy front - i am well under a litre, its just ive read folk saying to limit to 300ml to stop a stall?!? Also had 3 egg yolks today!!! Ocht well i only had one yolk yesterday so ill go on the average lol...

Day 24 Cruise (pp 2 of 3)
Wed 1 Feb - 0.75lb loss

B: total yogurt
S: picky ham, picky smoked salmon; picky chicken, jelly
L: half quark galette, smoked salmon, prawns, pp chicken soup
S: total yogurt
D: half quark galette, ham and poached egg
S: Hot choc, jellyx2

Day 24 Cruise (pp 3 of 3)
Thu 2 Feb - 0.75lb loss

B: yogurt (250ml)
L: half galette with 20g quark smoked salmon, prawns, pp chicken soup
S: diet coke, jelly
D: half galette with 20g quark, poached egg - ham, prawns
S: 100ml yogurt, jelly, diet coke

Last edited:
Day 25 Cruise PV
Fri 2 Feb - 1.0 lb loss

B: yogurt (250ml) and rhubarb
L: bolognaise with courgette tagliatelli; jelly
S: a few finger dollops Dukan choc truffle mix, diet coke
D: veg soup with chicken and drizzle yogurt, mustard galette and tuna pate (prob 20g'ish quark)
S: ??? Nothing yet - probably another jelly and maybe bit more truffle mix! - will update accordingly

Day 26 Cruise PV
Sat 3 Feb - 0.75 lb loss

B: 200ml yogurt
L: 2/3 dukan bread with quark, 75g smoked salmon, chicken and bit tuna pate; diet coke
D: 1/3 dukan bread, pate; crisps, milk, dark and white choc dips with marshmallows, fudge and honeycomb; carrot cake! Wine, champagne and baileys

It was all going so well till 6pm when some friends turned up for a surprise girls night to cheer me up - laden laden laden with food and drink! And yes, i caved BUT OMG you should have seen the cheeseboard, biscuits, cakes, pizzas, sausages, pastries, sandwiches, sweets etc etc that i didnt touch!!! lol

Didnt weigh in and did extra PP day - both cos of last nights excesses...
Day 27 Cruise PP
Sun 4 Feb

B: scrambled egg (1 full, 2 white and quark), slice smoked salmon, ham; strawberry mousse
L: steamed salmon, dukan bread, ham
D: yogurt, jelly

Last edited:
Day 28 Cruise PP
Mon 6Feb
D: poached salmon, stir fry, raspberry mousse, diet coke
S: raspberry mousse, yogurt
D: veg soup with chicken; cheese galette and ham; diet coke
S: mousse, jelly