Vanessa Dukan Diary 2 Jan 2012

Oooooft - 10.75lb gain in two days - was on a hen weekend! Twas good tho - heres hoping quick on quick off principles apply (and 2 protein days hopefully help)...

Mon 5 March - PP Conso (Day 21 of 70)

B: yogurt
L: scrambled egg, 2.5 turkey rashers, smoked salmon; jelly
S: jelly
D: steamed salmon fillet
S: oatbran porridge, frozen yogurt

How are the protein days working for your 'quick off'?? ;) xx

JanD said:
How are the protein days working for your 'quick off'?? ;) xx

Seemed to work ok - im back to half a pound over from where i was when i went over to Conso (tho still 2.5lb to go to the weight i was on Sat morning cos i dropped a bit more since being on conso). Either way im relieved - seems Dukan conso is working and its still just start of day 4 post-hen weekend if u follow my logic).

Hows it panning out at ur end?? xx

Last edited:
Tues 6 March - PP Conso (Day 22 of 70)

L: scrambled egg, 2.5 turkey rashers, smoked salmon; jelly
S: diet coke, jelly
D: steamed salmon fillet

Weds 7 March - pv conso (day 23 of 70)

B: 2 weeny ham sammiches (triangles at a funeral and 3x2tsp sugar in cups of tea cos i forgot my sweeteners)
L: yogurt and rhubarb, ham salad sammich (1pc wm bread), apple
D: bolognaise and courgette tagliateli; jelly
S: oatbran porridge

Thurs 8 March - PV Conso (Day 24 of 70)

B: yogurt and rhubarb
L: wm toast, half tin tomatoes, 3 turkey rashers, scrambled egg; jelly
D: stir fry and 3 chicken thighs (and skin eeeek); jelly
S: oatbran porridge; frozen yogurt, highlights hot choc

Edit:- forgot my apple so had it at midnight!

Last edited:
Crumbs - not another funeral :(

I'm not being particularly 'good' but I'm off on holiday on Sunday & the dreaded 'mode' is upon me :eek: xx

JanD said:
Crumbs - not another funeral :(

I'm not being particularly 'good' but I'm off on holiday on Sunday & the dreaded 'mode' is upon me :eek: xx

We're having a nightmare time of it! Ive had three funerals in three weeks - my mother in law, a 37yr old friend and yesterday Jims aunt! Plus it was the anniversary on Sat there of my brother dying and the anniversary of another friend yesterday - and our cat died on Sunday night! Its quite honestly at the stage we are scared to answer the phone - its just tooo much! And Jims still not found a job (since redundancy on 23 Dec) and he understandably is not in the right head space to search with the required gusto at the mo!

Ocht listen to me and my doom n gloom - sorry! Ooooh exciting for ur holiday - where u off? No point worrying about food if uve hit holiday-mode even if its earlier than desired - lifes too short! Enjoy and deal afterwards...

Hell's teeth Ness what a time!! :( ***hugs*** I shall quote just one platitude and then shut up ... 'it's always darkest just before the dawn'!!
(sorry about that - couldn't resist :eek:) Things can only get better ... OOOOO SORRY - that was another one :(:( ;)

I intend to 'enjoy and deal after' .. where we're going sarongs are the order of the day (and the evening if you like!) anyway and there's no chance of them not fitting .. we're going to Summer Island Village in the Maldives.

Might try Dukan again when we're back :) xx

Gosh Zebs - you and your OH are really having a tough time at the moment. I applaud you for keeping an eye on the old food situation, something at least you can control.

I'm a bit confused though (well I'm blonde (ish)) about your "Conso". You say "day 24" yet I've not seen much Conso about your menus... have I missed something?

Jan - have a lovely holiday :D

Maintainer said:
I'm a bit confused though (well I'm blonde (ish)) about your "Conso". You say "day 24" yet I've not seen much Conso about your menus... have I missed something?D

Oh dear!!! Are they really not conso enough?

I did start conso slowly because it was earlier than i wanted so was very nervous - and just added bread first week then fruit the second etc!

Now i think on it, i have been a bit lax with the cheese but have added parmesan to bolpgnaise, salad etc but not always remembered to record it! However, not good enuff perhaps - i shall pick up some emmental or similar over the weekend and be more aware!

I know i also havent had starch meals yet but again was a bit nervous about adding initially and then last week, was going on a hen-weekend so was trying to be a bit careful beforehand!

Re gala meals - the first one was set aside for a wedding buffet but when we turned up, there wasnt one! Lol. So i had to settle on extra toast and butter and chocolate drink-fuelled munchies when we got home! My second gala meal was a funeral buffet and drink amd takeaway - i know, not ideal but hey ho... And my third was last weekends hen weekend - and spread into 2 days!

None of the above were for the stated 3 courses/1 meal only - hence why i tried for the rest of the time to be doubly careful (ie with the starches etc) to compensate slightly. However i appreciate that was maybe not the right way to counteract and will focus more on reintroducing from now on. I had already decided i would probably continue on after the 70 days to further consolidate - just to be safe! At least from now on - things will hopefully be quieter and easier for me to Conso-around!

Thank u .... I will try and get on top of it all properly x

On a huge positive - just one pound to go to get rid of last weekends horrific 10.75lb gain... and only on day 5! Big up for conso and 2 pp days... :)

OH dear!!! Fell off wagon in stupendous style! Am drawing a line and calling it a gala meal... no point dwelling on it!!!!

Friday 9 March, PV conso (Day 25 of 70)

B: Rhubarb and yogurt
L: 2 chicken thighs, wm toast, half tin plum tomatoes
S: 2 pack crisps, Ben & Jerrys ice cream, freddo, choc reindeer,
D: hot dogs, chips n beans
S: oatmeal porridge

Sat 10 March, PV conso (Day 26 of 70)

S: highlights hot choc
L: 2 chicken thighs, smoked salmon, toast, 2 turkey rashers, emmental slice
D: veg soup, 2 chicken thighs, jelly
S: frozen yogurt, highlights hot choc (would prefer not to have had 2 hot chocs in one day; but it was that or a cave into a tub of ice cream! Lol)
S: oatmeal porridge, apple

Sun 11 March, PV conso (Day 27 of 70)

B: oatbran porridge
S: picky smoked salmon
L: 1pc toast, 2 turkey rashers, 2 chicken thighs; jelly
D: bolognaise, courgette tagliateli, parmesan; jelly
S: hot choc; yogurt, apple

Mon 12 March, PP conso (Day 28 of 70)

L: smoked salmon, 3 turkey rashers, scrambled eggs; jelly
D: 3 chicken thighs, jelly
S: oatbran porridge

Tues 13 March, PV conso (Day 29 of 70)

L: 1pc wm toast, melted emmental, 2 turkey rashers, hard boiled egg; smoked salmon, apple
D: 3 chicken thighs, butternut squash and celeriac mash, gravy; jelly
S: oatbran porridge, hot choc

Weds 14 March, PV conso (Day 30 of 70)

L: 1pc wm toast, melted emmental, 1 turkey rasher, hard boiled egg; smoked salmon, chicken thigh; jelly
D: bolognaise and courgette tagliateli, parmesan; jelly
S: oatbran porridge, hot choc - 2 teaspns honeycomb ice cream

Last edited:
Thu 15 March, PV conso (Day 31 of 70)

B/l: gala meal bar lunch:- Haggis batter balls n chilli sauce; bacon n brie toasted panini and salad; 2 weeny scoops ice cream and creme egg
D: 2 chicken thighs, teeny bit smoked salmon, boiled egg, jelly
S: oat bran porridge, hot choc

Last edited:
Fri 16 March, PV conso (Day 32of 70)

B: rhubarb and yogurt
L: scrambled egg, toast and turkey rashers with cheese; apple
S: hot choc, jelly
D: veg soup, chicken thigh, smoked salmon

Back