VARYING LT PRICES???

Hi Shivers do you know where your mate goes and are they on the total food replacement? I pay 70 euros per week in Dublin and I am skint what with doctor and hospital bills for my back!

i live in burnley i pay 48 a week for the male lipotrim, its a bit strange because the lipotrim burnley website says its £40 male £30 female a week for the pharmacy they advertise

lipotrim should set the RRP for this product i think

Hi guys!

Sorry to drag up an old thread, however just came across this now...

I too am in Ireland and was doing Lipotrim, however being a student I was unable to keep up with the E68 per week prices for the shakes. :(

I was just wondering what outcome or resolution ever came of all of your sterling efforts in contacting the Lipotrim HQ in Longford?

It's ridiculous the prices they charge in Ireland, with the pharmacies laying blame at Lipotrim, and Lipotrim passing the buck to the pharmacies.. *sighs*

I'm sure Lipotrim have lost a lot of customers in Ireland because of this what with Exante, Celebrity Slim, Optislim and CD etc... now also on the market for much more reasonable prices.

They really were taking advantage of people, as come on, the packs of shakes and soups in all reality probably cost mere pennies to produce when produce en masse, after all it's just some powered milk, flavourings along with added nutrients, we're not talking high-tech, rocket science formulas here!!

Hopefully someone will have something more positive to add to this thread so it can end on a high note, however I'm doubtful... :mad:

Hey Trixie,

Im in Cork and there was a similar discussion around last July too which also discussed some of the differences in adivce given by different pharmacies.

LT told me that €65per week was their recommended price in Southern Ireland due to differences in vat, shipping costs and other related costs. Also remember in the UK the government has an arangement with pharmaceutical companies to supply drugs cheaply. No such agreement exists here in Ireland which is why we cannot afford to expand the medical card system (amongst other reasons). I do wonder if the situation with LT might be similar. I saw in earlier posts that it was suggested that there were more pharmacies in the UK doin LT.... I dont agree, I can think of 4-5 pharmacies near to me who do LT but struggled to find 3 near to my mum in north Kent.

I pay €65 per week but when I go to the UK I pay £36. I have paid this price in Staffordshire and in Kent.

I gave up trying to argue with LT over the price. I think the best thing is to do LT, do it properly and never need it again!! I hope!!

Hi im in Leeds and pay £36 Kered cant beleive they charged £10 admin well out of order

I went on LT through my GP who referred me to a weight loss clinic (which is now sadly closed down) and our shakes were £1.10 per packet. I finished the 36 weeks programme last Dec and still have quite a few left (otherwise I could not afford to go back on it).

I think it is ridiculous the prices you all have to pay in Ireland and hope something gets sorted out to regulate the prices for you. A work colleague is at present paying £36.00 from our local chemist.

hey im a student and in dublin in ranelagh and im paying 67euro..its alot but i get 60euro a week for food so its only 7 euro extra.. wouldnt mind it dropping though as its a bit extreme. think how many calories i could get for 60euro lol..not that i need them.x

Just want to add my support to all the comments to date. It is disgraceful the differential in price between southern Ireland and the UK for LT. I'm surprised that Belfast price is not in line with mainland UK. Rip off Ireland thrives even in the recession.
Well done for persisting with following up on it.

£36 per week (£34 for first 3 weeks) here in Bolton too.

I am in Dublin and pay €68 per week and I paid 10 euro or the dvd at start but when i returned it the next day they returned the 10 euro deposit for the DVD....

a suggestion would be to get different receipts together from the different pharmists as all the prices seem a lot diff even in Ireland they seem to be different for everyone...

I pay £27 a week but that is because i get a private prescription from my doctor. But I do agree they are rip off prices in Ireland it is not fair, It one of the hardest diets to do and the pharmacies should be supporting people who do it by making it affordable.

Hi All... first post here. I haven't started yet but I've been calling pharmacies around my area in Dublin. It goes from 66eur to 67eur...
My friend in Cork pays 64 eur.

£36 here, i wonder why it varys depending on where you live? bit odd that! not to mention unfair :(

I'm in greater Manchester and I pay £36 men pay £42

I checked out the diet in Limerick before Christmas and they told me 67euro!! My response was eff that :) Luckily I'm studying in London and only have to pay 36 pounds here

Total rip off in Ireland!

Here its £36 a week for females and £48 a week for males :)

I think it might be a set price to LT itself and a suggested mark up so that the pharmacys themselves make a profit, however it must be at the pharmacys discrection therfor some want to be greedy and make more. Maybe ireland is more becuase of delivery? Is the LT distrebution offices in the UK? Or maybe they are just being greedy too?

It should be £36 everywhere though.

Back