VCLD Day 1- Help!

star14

Hi all,

I’ve been on here before but today’s the first day of starting a VLCD and I’m already pining for food, is there any advice anyone could give me who’s currently on it, i’d love to here some success stories to keep me motivated as i feel very weak at the moment and don’t know how I can do this for another 10 weeks. I’m currently 14 stone 10 and would ideally love to get back to 11 stone its gonna be hard and stressful but i’m fed up feeling down all the time cause of my weight, I’m currently at uni and all I see is skinny people everywhere, I’d love to go back in October having lost at least 3 and half stone, although my size doesn’t show it I’m quite a fit person and go to the gym regularly I’m just very greedy and eat the wrong foods. My aim is to exercise everyday at the beginning for at least 45 minutes for 10 days after that I’ll be in the gym every other day I’m hoping this will shift the weight quicker and help me tone up but with the VLCD is it wise to exercise? please help

First thing I'd say is first few days on VLCD I'd give exercise a break, and just adjust to the low calories. After about 4 days, I never felt particularly hungry...and that's when I usually start to exercise (I've always done a fair bit of exercise, but like you, eating has been the problem!). Just stick at it...you're on day 1 or perhaps day 2 now...it's worth 4 days of feeling hungry, to lose all that weight! Drink lots and lots of water too, it really does help!

I started my own vlcd yesterday, I was starving and had a massive headache all day. However, like you, I'm sick of feeling down about my size, and seeing loads of nice clothes which at my current size, I wouldn't dream of wearing. Ive a considerable amount more than you to shift, but just keep thinking, in 3 wks, I'm going to London, I want a stone off for then. I think if you set yourself small goals, you can do it, don't think about the ten wk slog, just think about the next week and getting through that. As for the exercise thing, I don't do any formal exercise, I walk a lot, and have a 7 yr old that keeps me busy. I wouldn't overdo it with exercise yet though, your body needs to adjust to having a lot less calories than it's used to, and you will feel weak just from that. Good luck anyway!

Good luck, I sympathise. I've got a little more than you to lose, but the same end goal of 11 stone (I weighed in yesterday at 15st 1lb) and I started a VLCD today. Maybe we could be weight loss buddies to kick each other on?!

Which VLCD are you doing? I've just graduated from uni and am starting a new job at the beginning of September, so I decided to start now so that I am well underway, feeling the benefits and have got passed the cravings before faced with cake and biscuits in the staffroom! Just think of the slinky dresses we'll be wearing by Christmas!

If it's any consolation, I am really feeling hungry - I envy you, on day 3 or 4 now, and probably beyond the hunger!! Keep at it!

Back