Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Veg, lentil and ham hock soup

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by bluejoanna, 9 October 2011 Social URL.

1. bluejoanna

bluejoanna Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fry off onion, celery, carrot and leek until soft - add a tin of toms and some stock and bring to boil - add a couple of handfuls of lentils and some ham hock (thanks Honeyoc - saw that you bought some from Waitrose and i nicked your idea!) - simmer for half and hour and whizz up. I also added chill's but i like spicy food - it is very thick, so when i serve it for lunch i will water it down as you can currently stand a spoon in it!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Where there's a will.....

Where there's a will..... Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    What is ham hock please??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. ashington44

ashington44 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(18.24%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's a ham shank. The lower part of pigs leg. Quite cheap to buy and produces a flavoursome stock and you can pull a little meat from the bone.

5. bluejoanna

bluejoanna Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I bought it already shredded from Waitrose - could not find it anywhere else - it cost about three quid, but was split into two packs and it is very flavoursome and goes a very long way. Would def recommend it for soups and stews. Or you could buy and boil the joint yourself.......

6. CarolineJ

CarolineJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

Is that the pack of Waitrose CI Pulled Ham Hock - 2x90g?

Many thanks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.