Veg

Sexyeyes

Ok so Im in need of recipes that I can do with veg, last week I had many days where I did the green day, but after my last attempt at slimming world I found that green days were not for me and I couldnt really seem to shift the weight. So im resulting back to doing a week of red and see where that gets me on the scales next week! I like veg dont get me wrong but there only so many carrots etc one person can eat with out turning into a rabbit lol. I seem to loose more when eating the meat and veg, has any one got any hints/tips or recipes for me. Thanks in advance. :confused:

I love roasted veg, they are lovely with meat/fish, on their own or stirred into pasta/rice or couscous.

You can use any veg really, but the ones I love most are onions cut into wedges, courgettes in chunks, aubergines in chunks, peppers and butternut squash. You can also add carrots, parnips, potatoes........in fact virtually anything. I often make them to use up all the veg I have left in my fridge at the end of the week.

Also...... have you ever tried chips made with swede? Quite nice.

I also like green beans (cooked) then stir fried quickly with some chilli flakes and garlic.

Cabbage, shredded and stir fried with garlic and chilli is nice as well. It's also nice if you stir fry some bacon with the garlic and chilli before you add the cabbage. You might need a little splash of water.

Thank you very much for those tips, I will definatly try some of them, I just needed some new ideas with veg, I mean I do like it, just gets very boring just eating it steamed all the time. Thanks again xxxx

Back