• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Vegan Arthritic Maintainer. I hope my story helps someone.

Hi. I'm a 36 year old woman with a hubbie, teenage daughter and several furry babies. I went veggie aged 13 and vegan at 26. I have lost weight with weight watchers several times BUT drumroll please.....in the new year I will have been at goal (quite a lot below actually) for a year. Which means I get my first gold star.

My life has improved considerably since loosing weight. In August 2016 I was using a rollator (wheeled walking frame). I have had rheumatoid arthritis my whole life, there is no cure and can flare up at any time but it especially doesn't like unnecessary weight. I was taking heavy painkillers but was still in pain all the time and couldn't do anything for myself. I was having steroid injections in my knees (more painful than childbirth) these were wearing off after a few weeks. They are supposed to last 6 months.

And now? Well unless you knew you would be oblivious to my arthritis. I can and do walk for miles every day. I need occasional painkillers, no Tramadol, no steroids. I can look after myself.

I wasn't very overweight. I wasn't obese. I went from 11 stone 12 pounds to 9 stone 12 pounds in five months and then continued to loose and am now 8 stone 2 pounds. In total I lost 52 pounds and 31% of my body weight I went from fast approaching an 18 to being a size 8/10. I can wear skinny jeans! There is something so delicious about zipping up a size 10 for the first time. It's almost orgasmic. But it's nothing in comparison to the health benefits.

Keeping my weight healthy is so important now. Being slim means I have far less pain and keep my independence. I can use public transport, I can shower safely alone, I can work and be a girl guiding leader. Being slim isn't just better. It means my life is worth living.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Great story and probably just the motivation I need now. Woke up trying to decide if I want to be fat and happy or miserable and skinny as happy and skinny feels too hard.