Vegan Slimmer - 60lb journey

Leedsvgn

So I started SW last week (Tuesday weigh in) and was the heaviest I've ever been. Even feels a bit shocking writing it down - I was 16st9lbs. I want that to stay at a 'was'! I don't want to get back there again, so I'm staying this diary just to keep me on track and to log what I'm having/thinking/feeling etc

I eat a vegan diet, I've seen another vegan thread on here so I'm hoping to pick up tips and inspiration from here too :)

First weigh in last night and I'd lost 4.5lbs so I was really pleased, makes it feel worthwhile and definitely keeps me on track!

Just started this week, also have nearly 60lb to lose. I'm also a vegan, have you found any vegan hex a choices other than plant milk? Was hoping a vegan cheese would feature somewhere :)

How are you getting on this week?

Hello, good luck! No I've only been having plant milk for my hex a, haven't seen if vegan cheese is featured anywhere, am not a massive fan of it but it does seem a very limited option for the hex a!

I'm getting on okay thanks, how about you? Finding it tricky to find vegan snacks etc that aren't super high syns, but caramel rice cakes + a little bit of choc Shot have become my new best friend!!

Yes, does seem a really limited hex a. But I'm using the milk different ways to not get bored.

Just snacking on fruit at the moment as need to get my head around the basics. Then I'll be looking for tasty low syn vegan treats.

Today was overnight oats, veg noodle and chickpea salad for lunch and sausage hotpot for dinner. Used the milk making a rice pudding. Not feeling hungry at all so far :)

Really good idea using the milk differently, rice pudding sounds yum, I'm definitely going to try that.

Your meals sound lovely! I've been off my food for the last couple of days, feeling really nauseous for some reason :/ just had spaghetti with sauce last night and some veggies, didn't feel up to much more.

Bonus though, at my Tuesday weigh in I lost 5.5lbs :) :) :)

Brilliant weight loss! Not far off half a stone! My first weigh in is Sunday, will be super pleased if I get anywhere near that :)

Today I've had banana, yogurt and granola, ryvita with mushroom pate and 'fry up' for dinner. Not had the milk today but have snacked on loads of fruit. Suppose I could make a hot milky drink for bedtime.

I take it you live in Leeds? Are you going to the festival? I'm planning to but think it could be quite challenging whilst trying to lose weight ;)

How did you get on with your Sunday weigh in?

I've had a rubbish week, felt nauseous and sick all last week and had no appetite, that just seemed to go away and then I started my period which is always very painful and again makes me feel sick! So no idea what will happen at weigh in tonight, I've not eaten anything particularly bad, and indeed I had days where I barely ate anything, but I feel bloated and not at all lighter! We shall see I suppose!

Oh and yes, I'm from Leeds but no I'm not going to the festival! Ooh going while losing weight will be a challenge, definitely a take food with you job!

Hi - hope you don't mind me following this thread. I'm vegan too, and back at SW yet again - always good to try and pick up some inspiration on here (didn't even know it was back until today!) as everyone in my group is very meat focused....

Hi, no of course not! It's lovely to have other Vegan SW'ers around, I'm finding it very helpful!!

After a very up and down last week, food wise, I lost 1.5lbs at group. Not bad but I wasn't delighted, so I've decided to do a meticulous food diary and also post my meals on here every day to try and keep myself ultra-accountable this week!!

So yesterday was a good day; signed up for the gym and did an hours swimming. Food went like this:

Breakfast: a banana (as I got up late)
Lunch: 2x small jacket potatoes with a HUGE speed salad
Tea: Spaghetti with vegan pesto and loads of courgettes and mushrooms
Snacks: 1x Passionfruit Alpro Go On, strawberries, another banana
HEA: 400ml Soya Milk (used up in drinks)
HEB: Alpen Jaffa Light Bar

Didn't feel hungry all day, even though this is definitely less than I'd usually have :)

Something I ate yesterday really disagreed with me with violent consequences :( so I didn't eat as much as I normally would, had a very delicate stomach since!

Breakfast: 1 apple & 1 orange
Lunch: Ginger marinaded BBQ veg skewers with tomato rice and a big salad (something in this made me very sick, I suspect the ginger and it was some sort of allergy/intolerance) - all free but I'll add a couple of syns for anything used in cooking, although they don't use much oil there
Tea: Spicy Tomato Mug Shot
Snacks: 1 x hot chocolate (2 syns), 2 x diet coke (free), 1 small piece kendal Mint Cake (no idea on syns, I'll say 2 as it was only a tiny piece)

Finished the day on 6 syns, starving this morning though!!

Had a hungry day yesterday but I tried really hard not to do my usual thing of picking at everything in sight!

Breakfast: Porridge (HexB) with soya milk from allowance and raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: Bowl of chickpeas and petit pois, plus a spicy tomato Mugshot
Tea: 2x Linda Mc Rosemary Red Onion Sausages, SW Chips, Courgettes, Mushrooms and a big 'coleslaw' (cabbage, carrot, radish, parsley with about half a tbsp of vegan mayo - 1syn)

Didn't have any syns, I wasn't aiming for that, I was just so full after my tea that I didn't eat anything else.

Going to try an SP day today, as it's weigh in day tomorrow

Weighed in yesterday and I'd lost 2.5lbs, which makes my first stone - yay!! Very happy :)

My consultant has said on my last diary sheet that I may not be eating enough, but tbh I think it's maybe that she doesn't understand much about eating vegan, as I've naturally eaten lots of speed/fruit/veg and carbs not a great deal else, but on SW there isn't really too much else I can have. Think I'll allow myself more syns this week though, as last week I was under every day

Hi,

I am another vegan. Decided it was time to get back on track so I'll join in if that ok and follow this thread :)

I emailed SW long time ago about vegan cheese and paraphrasing their reply was - 'vegan cheese doesn't contain enough calcium to be counted.' They were constantly looking at options blah blah etc. Lol.

To be honest - I just use Vegan cheese and count it as a hexA. I'd personally use 30g or a slice of Violife and count it as a hexA regardless of whether it's on the list. To me it's about being sensible and if it's not 'sanctioned or on plan' I doubt it's going to affect things. It's common sense approach to me.

I have yet to find a consultant that has a clue about being vegan. I've only just started back following SW so trying to decide if to go back to a class or not. May try at home firs then see how I go. Luckily I have all the PDFs for green plan from few years ago when I did plan online.

I'll see how I go but doing 'anything' I feel is better than nothing at this moment. Got lentil roast in oven at minute. It's one of my go to dishes for eating hot or cold. I love pasta bake as well, but I am constantly tweeking it to get the perfect taste and flavours.

Back