Vegetables

stephanees

Am really missing other veg other than that on the list :(

Not that I don't like or enjoy the veg, it's just I have an allotment and have just pulled up a load of beetroot and onions and garlic, got potatoes ready to come up too but I can't enjoy any of it and I love beetroot :(

All be worth it in the end hun, give them away to friends and family. Or cook, pickle and freeze, they'll still be there when your at goal

Xx

Yeah, have given some to friends and family and have had my first stab at pickling beetroot tonight, my flat smells like Xmas :)

I have got leeks, caulis and cabbage going too so will be able to enjoy them, got some sprouts in but can't remember if they on the allowed list, it's on my fridge so will check in a bit!

stephanees said:
Yeah, have given some to friends and family and have had my first stab at pickling beetroot tonight, my flat smells like Xmas :)

I have got leeks, caulis and cabbage going too so will be able to enjoy them, got some sprouts in but can't remember if they on the allowed list, it's on my fridge so will check in a bit!

You should be fine with the sprouts - enjoy!

Stephanees - You have my sympathy, we are in the same boat! My polytunnel is producing tomatos by the bucketload and I can't eat any! I made a huge batch of pasta sauce and froze it yesterday. I'm also pickling everything in sight. The real killer is peas in a pod - they just don't compare frozen to eaten straight from the plant :(

I really hope my sprouts come up, the birds have managed to get past my netting and have been munching :/ don't know why they can't just eat all the weeds instead?!?

My allotments still a work in progress and only half cultivated and didnt manage to get any peas in which is prob a good thing as I have to agree they would have been hard to resist!

Back