Vegetables

sm1ler

Im really fussy with vegetables and dont really eat many. I keep trying them to see if my taste buds have changed but not having much luck.
I know this maybe hindering my loss a little and was hoping for some advice from everyone coz you guys are the best!!!!

Here is a list of veg i do eat! (its small!)

carrots
onions
mushrooms
sweetcorn
tomatos
broccoli
potatos

If anyone can think of recipes to make using these aswell i would be greatful!!!!

i always have mini quiche made up in the fridge ..free food with any veg ..onions peppers mushrooms tomato etc seasoned and beaten eggs ....in muffin dish and oven for 20 mins yummy x

The cheesey brocolli and potato bake in the mag looks good, going to make it tomorrrow night so will let you know.
You could make an omelette with mush toms, sweetcorn and onions, you could add bacon or chicken. I usually mix it all together with some eggs and stick it in the oven, for about 20-30 mins

The cheesey brocolli and potato bake in the mag looks good, going to make it tomorrrow night so will let you know.
You could make an omelette with mush toms, sweetcorn and onions, you could add bacon or chicken. I usually mix it all together with some eggs and stick it in the oven, for about 20-30 mins

yeah omlette is a fave of mine when ive got eggs in the house! I love cheese, bacon, mush and onion one!!

Have you tried butternut squash or sweet potato?

Have you tried butternut squash or sweet potato?

love sweet potato but not the squash, i tried a recipe where u just cut in half and scoop out seeds n bake it like that, wasnt nice at all and i fort it wud be like sweet pots!!

You could make a vegetable curry out of those ingredients and have it with a big plate of basmatic rice. Do you like chickpeas or lentils? You could add either of those to the curry.
I love carrots and broccoli stir fried with some chinese 5 spice and nam plah fish sauce (you only need a little) and have that with egg fried rice.

I bought a little bag of small, trimmed sprouts at Tesco this weekend. I like sprouts anyway, but I have to say, these were amazing. Quite nutty and sweet tasting. The best I've ever eaten. Maybe you could have a go at trying these? They were only £1 for a bag. It lasted me for three meals.

You could make a veg soup. Fling all your fave veg in a pan with veg stock cube. Bring to boil and simmer till veg soft. Stick it in the blender and blitz then eat, yummy.

I agree with sonban, a big pot of veg soup with everything in it, blend and freeze into portions. Add some lentils for a green day if you want. This is how i make sure the kids get their veg intake. Even have a cup of it every day before dinner.

if i have roasted ve i just throw in cherry toms onion mushroom and pepper they aren as strong when they are roasted especially if you throw on some hers and lazy garlic , you can do carrots too but they take longer and remember to use fry light or it changes all your syns

I like roasted broccoli too, when it browns it adds a gorgeous flavour for using in couscous etc.
Re the butternut squash, I don't like it cooked that way either but cubed and roasted it's yummy as it tastes sweeter when it browns. Sainsbury's sell a pack of diced sweet potato and butternut squash which are delish and may be worth a try to ease yourself in gently.

I like roasted broccoli too, when it browns it adds a gorgeous flavour for using in couscous etc.
Re the butternut squash, I don't like it cooked that way either but cubed and roasted it's yummy as it tastes sweeter when it browns. Sainsbury's sell a pack of diced sweet potato and butternut squash which are delish and may be worth a try to ease yourself in gently.

oh kool, ill have to look out for this in sainsburys!
thanks for the tip

You could make a veg soup. Fling all your fave veg in a pan with veg stock cube. Bring to boil and simmer till veg soft. Stick it in the blender and blitz then eat, yummy.

i never thought about doing a soup, great idea, maybe i could add in some swede or somthing that i wouldnt notice is there if its blended?!?

Back