Green Day Vegetarian Slow cooker recipes

167_small.jpg

These... they are found in the freezer. I havent liked them in what i had been using them in, so thought i'd just throw them in. tasted ok in this.

I agee with celery raw, all stringy.......... but cooked there fine

Last edited:
Slimming World is fab isn't it. :) Really i haven't noticed that much of a change for my cooking, just no oil, low fat fromage frais etc. but we have versions of all our old favourites.
I try to have at least a few new recipes in a week :)

Yeah - thanks for that :)

I have my slow cooker going at the mo but with a meaty dish, but will be doing green again tomorrow so can't wait to indulge in some good 'old fasioned rice pud! x

QUOTE]

Oh nooooooooooooo - tried this today & it went so so wrong :( It was a lump of horrible glue type stuff.

The pudding rice I used was a ground pudding rice - do you think this was the problem??

Yeah - thanks for that :)

I have my slow cooker going at the mo but with a meaty dish, but will be doing green again tomorrow so can't wait to indulge in some good 'old fasioned rice pud! x

QUOTE]

Oh nooooooooooooo - tried this today & it went so so wrong :( It was a lump of horrible glue type stuff.

The pudding rice I used was a ground pudding rice - do you think this was the problem??

Yeah i reckon, i use just normal pudding rice. What are the packet instructions for the ground rice?

Silly sausage - the spanish chickpea stew sounds lush !!! :) Will be trying that.

Gettingthinner - I made a rice pud this week with gold top milk and skimmed milk !!! It worked out to be HA +5syns per portion, it was yummy ;) Maybe more stirring would be less gloopy and possibly less cooking time ?

I'm making BNS, carrot, chickpea and lentil curry in the slow cooker today:

1 Butternut (BNS) squash, diced
3 large carrots sliced
1 onion
1 tin of chickpeas
2 tins of chopped toms
100g red lentils (rinsed)
23g (just over a tablespoon) of curry paste pataks garam masala (3syns)

Chop the onion and dry fry in a pan until softened but not browned. Add the chopped BNS and carrot to the onion and cook for about 5 mins, then add the tinned things and lentils and heat through, then pop it all in the slow cooker. I'm cooking it on high for 4 hours, but it could go for about 8 hours on low. I'm thinking this will make 3 quite large portions, but I'll update when its all cooked in a few hours time.

Oops I used two tins of chopped toms last time I made this, but this time I only had 1 tin in the house so I used that tin and added 1 tin of water and a squeeze of tom puree (0.5syn).

I'm loving the North African curry too, although I like mine with a side portion of strictly :)

I knew I was onto a winner when my avid meat eating husband ate it twice in one day. I only casually asked if he wanted to eat the same as me and usually he'd say no but because the smells had been coming from the slow cooker all day he really fancied it!

Butternut squash risotto

Try cutting it up into chunks and with the skin still attached spray with fry light season salt and pepper and roast in the oven on 180c till turning golden.
Take out of the oven leave to cool separate the skin from the flesh.
Make a simple risotto and add at the end .:D

**BUMPING** this thread as its got some great ideas for slow cookers and I'm loving my slow cooker at the moment! Anyone made any more discoveries of yummy recipes ???

I made gingered sweet potato soup and it was nice!

Put fried-off onion, cubed sweet potato, red lentils, ginger, chilli and fennel seeds in the slow cooker with veg stock, then 8 hours later blitzed it :)

Also did a lamb rogan josh which was really nice but not apt for this thread!

Just found this in the internet, not tried it but thought it might be worth a go. Need to find out the syn values of the tinned soup first though.
Potato Casserole
This is my daughter's favourite food, the other four think its great too.
It is easy, nutritious and economical, and it looks lovely. It’s very child friendly, as even small kids can eat it themselves.
This will serve 4 people (more if you are feeding young kids.)
  • 1 1/2lbs (750g) potatoes (or potatoes and sweet potatoes), peeled and chopped into small pieces.
  • 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped into small pieces
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 or 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced
  • 1 large tin sweetcorn, drained
  • 1 tin condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup (for a vegetarian meal, use cream of mushroom soup)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • small pinch nutmeg
Put all the ingredients except the sweetcorn into a slow cooker and mix well.
Cook on low for around 8 hours.
About an hour before the end of cooking, stir in the sweetcorn.
Serve with green vegetables for a complete meal.

This sounds yum! How many syns if divided between 4 people? Thinking of trying it this week.

ok the slow cooker rice pudding was a HUGE success...... really really good.
I used this recipe serves 4
397ml semi skimmed milk (2.25syns) or skimmed milk (1.5syns)
397ml water
142g pudding rice
6-8 TBSP sweetner
Nutmeg
I just put everything in the slow cooker and put on HIGH for 3.5 hrs and stirred a couple of times

This sounds great, going to try it tomorrow as I love rice pudding. How big would the portion be for 1.5 syns if made with skimmed milk?

Hello all veggie slow cooker recipe fans! Well I know its August, but I've made a curry in my slow cooker this week...... soon I'll be addicted to my slow cooker again, so I thought I'd bump this thread for myself (and anyone else who's interested!).

Happy Slow Cooking :)

Could we make this post a sticky ????

Back