Vegetarian Slow Cooker

Harley Quinn

I got given a slow cooker for Christmas last year and I'm ashamed to say I haven't had the courage to try it out yet. Part of that is because I'm vegetarian, and almost every recipe I find for it contains meat! I'm certain some of you have some absolutely excellent slow cooker recipes for vegetarians, so here's your chance to share them!

Have a look at this thread!

Hello,

I was looking for the same thing yesterday and found the following link very helpful: http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/172224-vegetarian-slow-cooker-recipes.html

There's a book called Slow Cooking for Vegetarians by Annette Yates. Luckily my friend already has a copy so I have borrowed it today!

Have fun!

Sue

I got given a slow cooker for Christmas last year and I'm ashamed to say I haven't had the courage to try it out yet. Part of that is because I'm vegetarian, and almost every recipe I find for it contains meat! I'm certain some of you have some absolutely excellent slow cooker recipes for vegetarians, so here's your chance to share them!

Have you looked on the BBC good food website-there are some brilliant recipes on there :) or on BritMums SW website-slimmingeats x HTH

Here's one.
Veg and cashew nut biryani
1 small aubergine, sliced
3 onions
2 garlic cloves
2.5 cms root ginger
3 parsnips diced
1 tsp cumin and coriander
1/2 tsp chilli
750 mls stock
A1 red pepper sliced
275 g basmati rice
2 hard boiled eggs
Cashew nuts (7 syns per 25g)
Raisins (3.5 syns / 25g)

Roughly chop one onion and whazz up with garlic, ginger an 3 tbls water to make paste.
Finely slice the other onions.
Fry until soft, add aub and snips
Cook 3 to 4 mins, add to pot.
Cook onion paste then add spices
Add stock, bringto boil, add to pot.
Cook on high two to thee hours or until the vegies are almost cooked.
Add nuts and raisins - as many as you want to syn
Add rice in layer. Cool 45 mins to a hour. Add more stock if needed.
Garnish with quartered eggs and coriander leaves.

Here's one. Veg and cashew nut biryani 1 small aubergine, sliced 3 onions 2 garlic cloves 2.5 cms root ginger 3 parsnips diced 1 tsp cumin and coriander 1/2 tsp chilli 750 mls stock A1 red pepper sliced 275 g basmati rice 2 hard boiled eggs Cashew nuts (7 syns per 25g) Raisins (3.5 syns / 25g) Roughly chop one onion and whazz up with garlic, ginger an 3 tbls water to make paste. Finely slice the other onions. Fry until soft, add aub and snips Cook 3 to 4 mins, add to pot. Cook onion paste then add spices Add stock, bringto boil, add to pot. Cook on high two to thee hours or until the vegies are almost cooked. Add nuts and raisins - as many as you want to syn Add rice in layer. Cool 45 mins to a hour. Add more stock if needed. Garnish with quartered eggs and coriander leaves.

Thanks I'm loving the sound of this.

Back