Vegetarians/pescetarians?

stripedsocks

Hi All!
Am doing my first week back on 5:2/IF after coming off it 6 months ago in favour of SW. Having done a lot of reading up again, I see that the best effects are to be had from eating mainly protein on down days/ fast days. I don't eat meat although I do eat fish once a fortnight or so, and was just wondering if there are any other pescetarians or veggies on here who could give me an idea of their meals on fast days? My first fast day was a combo of veggie sushi and salad, but looking for a bit more variety!
Thanks in advance x

Hi All!
Am doing my first week back on 5:2/IF after coming off it 6 months ago in favour of SW. Having done a lot of reading up again, I see that the best effects are to be had from eating mainly protein on down days/ fast days. I don't eat meat although I do eat fish once a fortnight or so, and was just wondering if there are any other pescetarians or veggies on here who could give me an idea of their meals on fast days? My first fast day was a combo of veggie sushi and salad, but looking for a bit more variety!
Thanks in advance x

I have a salmon fillet with veg or salad, veg or salad with quorn something, a ready meal fish pie, stir fry with salmon - fairly boring really!

I'm normally happy with a big veg stir-fry, maybe with some prawns. Other fast days I make do with soup and a roll. Baked beans are also useful. Never see the need for lots of protein.

The theory is that the protein keeps you fuller for longer - not an issue if you eat later in the day and only have 3 hours before bed.

Back