Veggie stews/caseroles?

SkinnieMinnie

As the nights are getting darker im really craving stews and soups but i dont eat meat and most of the recipies ive found include beef, has anyone got any quick recipies for veggies? Thanks guys xx

SkinnieMinnie said:
As the nights are getting darker im really craving stews and soups but i dont eat meat and most of the recipies ive found include beef, has anyone got any quick recipies for veggies? Thanks guys xx

I don't really use recipes, I just throw whatever I have in a pot ;) Last stew I did was sweet potato, parsnip, swede, carrot, leek, garlic, onion and veggie sausage with rosemary, thyme and a couple of bay leaves. Add plenty of stock, cook til done, add cornflour to thicken sauce if you fancy (and don't forget to syn it).

I sometimes use quorn steak strips to make a fake beef stew, or add butternut squash and pearl barley. Or make it a bit spicy and add tomato and chickpeas. So many ideas :D

I make a beany casserole

I stick some veggie sausages in the oven, about 2 pp is fine. Then peel and thickly slice some potatoes. Boil them for a few mins then drain them. Fry off some mushrooms and onions in frylight. By then the sausages should be cooked, slice them up and in a casserole dish put in a tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of baked beans, the mushrooms and onions and the sausages and some curry powder (to taste) and mix it all up. Put the sliced potatoes over the top and spray with frylight. Takes about half an hour in the oven til the casserole is bubbling and the potatoes have gone golden.

I get three portions out of this and it does last in the fridge a couple of days. I made it last tuesday night, still had a portion left by friday so had it for lunch its beautiful! Even without the sausages its nice. Really filling

Back