VeggieBev’s New 2014 Diary – The Final Countdown to Target....

At least it's out of your system now bev, bottle the feelin of how you feel now then next time ypu wana reach for the sweets remember how you felt. Easier said than done I know.
That 4 pound will b gone in no time, hopefully with a few extra friends aswell :)

Enjoy your day xx

Thanks Rae Rae. Wouldn't it be great if we could bottle these feelings...! I suppose that's why I like keeping a diary on here though so I can write everything down and then read over it again to remind myself how great I feel when I'm doing well and also how horrible I feel when I go way off track x

Ah we've all been there! dont you worry! As Rae Rae said, that 4lbs will be off in no time....and hopefully you've got it out of your system and can crack on with being good with minimal temptation around the house. I found that I alsomost had to gorge and physically make myself feel so sick that I was desperate to get back on plan come jan 5th!
Good luck Bev! and enjoy the film tonight! xxx

Ah we've all been there! dont you worry! As Rae Rae said, that 4lbs will be off in no time....and hopefully you've got it out of your system and can crack on with being good with minimal temptation around the house. I found that I alsomost had to gorge and physically make myself feel so sick that I was desperate to get back on plan come jan 5th!
Good luck Bev! and enjoy the film tonight! xxx
I feel like that's exactly what I did Ging, I just ate and ate and ate until I literally couldn't eat anymore! I've got 6.5 days now until WI on Tuesday night so hopefully, even if I'm not totally on plan for all of that time, I'm still hoping for a loss next week to get me back on track x

As Ging said, honey, we've all been there (more than once!). That 4lbs will be off in no time though and we can push on towards target. It's definitely a good thing that all the treats have gone - we've still got loads in our house and I keep hearing them calling my name! I've managed to resist so far and long may it last! xx

As Ging said, honey, we've all been there (more than once!). That 4lbs will be off in no time though and we can push on towards target. It's definitely a good thing that all the treats have gone - we've still got loads in our house and I keep hearing them calling my name! I've managed to resist so far and long may it last! xx
Yes, I'm so glad the treats are gone, I really feel your pain still having loads in the house. I'm sure your willpower will see you through though :) x

Thanks Rae Rae. Wouldn't it be great if we could bottle these feelings...! I suppose that's why I like keeping a diary on here though so I can write everything down and then read over it again to remind myself how great I feel when I'm doing well and also how horrible I feel when I go way off track x

It's good that you can look over what you've written and how u felt, sort of like a therapy I suppose.

How u getting on today? Xx

Hey hun, draw a line under that 4lbs and move on. I remember when I've slipped and eaten crap and at the time I was doing it I wasn't even ENJOYING the food. Why do we do it to ourselves, eh?!

Hopefully with a few fabby SW days under your belt you'll feel loads better. Can be so hard to get back into things again after Christmas, just take one day at a time and it'll come x

Hey hun, draw a line under that 4lbs and move on. I remember when I've slipped and eaten crap and at the time I was doing it I wasn't even ENJOYING the food. Why do we do it to ourselves, eh?!

Hopefully with a few fabby SW days under your belt you'll feel loads better. Can be so hard to get back into things again after Christmas, just take one day at a time and it'll come x

Good advice Bev, thanks. I'm just going to take it one day at a time. I know I'll have slip ups but if I can be really good on my good days, hopefully that'll outweigh my naughtiness on my bad days...! x

Morning all.

Well I had a good on plan day yesterday and I'm feeling so much better for it :)

Wednesday 8 January

Breakfast
Banana and pear
Morning
Lunch Asda minty bean salad (4.5 syns) followed by a WW yogurt and a Special K chewy bar (HEB)
Afternoon Clementine and 30g cheddar (HEA)
Dinner Vegetable curry (6.5 syns) and rice (2 syns)
Evening Special K Chewy bar (HEB) and a small cup of lentil soup
TOTAL SYNS - 13
BODY MAGIC - None

Today I've already had an omelette for breakfast and a couple of clementines mid-morning. I've got a Mugshot and WW yogurt with me for lunch, and a banana to snack on later if I'm peckish then dinner is just going to be lentil soup and a bread or roll I think. I've got a slab of birthday cake sitting in front of me just now and I considered not having it but I looked it up and it's 9.5 syns which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought so I'm going for it!

I've got my lovely new man, Colin, coming over tonight and we're going to make our plans for our trip to London in two weeks. I can't wait!

Morning all.

Well I had a good on plan day yesterday and I'm feeling so much better for it :)

Wednesday 8 January

Breakfast Banana and pear
Morning
Lunch Asda minty bean salad (4.5 syns) followed by a WW yogurt and a Special K chewy bar (HEB)
Afternoon Clementine and 30g cheddar (HEA)
Dinner Vegetable curry (6.5 syns) and rice (2 syns)
Evening Special K Chewy bar (HEB) and a small cup of lentil soup
TOTAL SYNS - 13
BODY MAGIC - None

Today I've already had an omelette for breakfast and a couple of clementines mid-morning. I've got a Mugshot and WW yogurt with me for lunch, and a banana to snack on later if I'm peckish then dinner is just going to be lentil soup and a bread or roll I think. I've got a slab of birthday cake sitting in front of me just now and I considered not having it but I looked it up and it's 9.5 syns which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought so I'm going for it!

I've got my lovely new man, Colin, coming over tonight and we're going to make our plans for our trip to London in two weeks. I can't wait!

Sounds like your doin fab :)

London sounds great, unfortunately, I've never been xx

Sounds like your doin fab :)

London sounds great, unfortunately, I've never been xx
Thanks. I've only been to London once and I loved it but was only 15 so it will be a completely different experience this time. I keep thinking of things I want to see and do while we're there but I really don't think I'm being realistic since we're only there 3 nights! I'm determined to squeeze in as many of the sights and attractions as possible though x

Oh dear, I can't believe I'm back on here already confessing to how naughty I was last night. Temptation was sent my way yet again and yet again my willpower wasn't enough to see me through! It could have been worse though as I'm still thinking back to how bad I was over Christmas and New Year and in comparison I wasn't nearly as bad last night. I'm still a bit frustrated and disappointed with myself though.

Thursday 9 January 2014
Breakfast
Omelette
Morning 2 clementines, a slice of birthday cake (9.5 syns) and tea (milk from HEA)
Lunch Mugshot and WW yogurt
Afternoon Banana and tea (milk from HEA)
Dinner Lentil soup with 2 slices bread (2xHEB)
Evening Cadbury chocolate coins (7 syns) and Pringles (11 syns)
TOTAL SYNS - 27.5
BODY MAGIC - None

I'm hoping to be a little bit better today and perhaps recoup some of the syns from yesterday. So far I've had toast and banana for breakfast and I've got lentil soup and a roll for lunch with plenty of fruit to snack on. I'm having a Chinese takeaway for dinner and I'll probably just have vegetable chow mein so I'll estimate around 7.5 syns for that which still gives me my HEA and some syns to play with (although ideally I won't use any more syns).

I really want to get back into doing some Body Magic so I've arranged a gym induction with my friend on Tuesday night. My employers have negotiated a discounted membership for employees with the local authority gyms so I can use all 7 gyms and swimming pools for around £20 per month. It's really handy since there is one just along the road from where I work, another one on my drive home and then a couple only a mile or so from my house so there should be no excuses for not going!!! Since it's almost £5 per visit if you pay as you go, I'll have my moneys worth even if I only go once per week. Ideally though I'd like to go 2-3 times per week and I'd like to try and I'm going to continue with my C25K on the treadmill while I'm there.

Busy weekends always make it a bit more difficult for me to stay on plan as I'm rarely at home. As I say, I'm going to Colin's for a chinese tonight then we're off to Glasgow shopping tomorrow so we'll be having lunch out and maybe even dinner and then I'm not sure about Sunday but probably a visit to my mum's and a trip to Edinburgh to work out where Colin is working next week (he's a nurse and is doing some overtime/bank nursing shifts and we're not sure exactly where the place is). That means there's every chance we'll be eating out for at least lunch again. I'm going to do my best to make good SW choices even if I can't stay within syns. Over Christmas and New Year I was just eating anything and everything and I want to break that habit as quickly as possible.

Oh bless you Bev - it's easy done and we've all been there. I definitely have on many occasions!

Sounds like you have a lovely weekend with your man planned and I'm sure you'll make the best choices you can.

That gym rate is fab - it's great to have so many options of which gyms to go to as well. Like you say, no excuses!

xx

Hey! Fellow veggie here to subscribe!

Hope you have a lovely time in London - I was there for a long weekend with my other half just before Christmas xx

Hey Bev, London trip sounds fab, bet you can't wait. I went last summer and it was so much fun! Take plenty of spending money though as things are pretty expensive!

Good news on the gym, sounds like a really good deal you've got with work! I used to go to the Virgin gym near me a couple of years ago and it was sooo expensive - £50 per month! Paid that for a whole year and only went about 20 times too :rolleyes: It's put me off joining one again, but for £20 you can't really go wrong, like you say once a week and you'll have your moneys worth, any extra is a bonus.

Try not to beat yourself up too much about last night, it happens to the best of us. In reality the 12.5 extra syns you had over your 15 only equates to 250 calories, it's not that much really.

Sounds like you've got a lovely weekend planned with your fella, like you say just make healthy choices when you can and have fun! xx

Hey! Fellow veggie here to subscribe!

Hope you have a lovely time in London - I was there for a long weekend with my other half just before Christmas xx

Hi Jessie, thanks for subscribing.

If you've any tips for things to see/do in London please let me know. I so can't wait to go but I know I'm not going to have the time to do everything I'd like to so any tips or advice would be most welcome x

Hey Bev, London trip sounds fab, bet you can't wait. I went last summer and it was so much fun! Take plenty of spending money though as things are pretty expensive!

Good news on the gym, sounds like a really good deal you've got with work! I used to go to the Virgin gym near me a couple of years ago and it was sooo expensive - £50 per month! Paid that for a whole year and only went about 20 times too :rolleyes: It's put me off joining one again, but for £20 you can't really go wrong, like you say once a week and you'll have your moneys worth, any extra is a bonus.

Try not to beat yourself up too much about last night, it happens to the best of us. In reality the 12.5 extra syns you had over your 15 only equates to 250 calories, it's not that much really.

Sounds like you've got a lovely weekend planned with your fella, like you say just make healthy choices when you can and have fun! xx

I added up what I ate in a typical day over Christmas and New Year and it was probably about 40+ syns!! Scary stuff! So you're right, an extra 12.5 syns isn't really that much I suppose.

I'm actually so excited to join the gym, even I can't believe it! My friend is really eager to get going to so hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

I get paid the day before I go to London so it's all good. I'll probably end up having to stay in for the whole of February after that but it'll be worth it I'm sure! x

Hi Jessie, thanks for subscribing.

If you've any tips for things to see/do in London please let me know. I so can't wait to go but I know I'm not going to have the time to do everything I'd like to so any tips or advice would be most welcome x

It really depends what sort of things you are into. I'm a bit of a musicals geek so we went to see We Will Rock You - which was amazing! We did winter wonderland in hyde park (ice skating etc) & the xmas market but I'm pretty sure that's finnished for Xmas now which is a shame. Covent garden is lovely with the street entertainers etc - but I would highly recommend going to the London Dungeons, it was brilliant!

Are you going to stay on plan whilst your in London? x

Hey lovely!
Don't worry about yesterday!
Sounds like you have a tough couple of weekend meals out coming up though! I find it hard to stay on plan sometimes when I eat out because it feels like it should be a treat...but actually if you know you're going to be eating out a lot, maybe that in a weird way will be good as it encourages you to stay on plan and not go overboard and treat yourself on every occasion...haha or maybe that's just me trying to convince myself it's ok for me to eat out a lot!

I'm just on my way home from a long day at work in dear old London...so happy to give you some ideas if needed (although despite being there every day I'm a bit of a rubbish tourist!) what kind of things are you interested in? Art, animals, shopping, walking around etc etc? Xx

Back