VeggieBev’s New 2014 Diary – The Final Countdown to Target....

It really depends what sort of things you are into. I'm a bit of a musicals geek so we went to see We Will Rock You - which was amazing! We did winter wonderland in hyde park (ice skating etc) & the xmas market but I'm pretty sure that's finnished for Xmas now which is a shame. Covent garden is lovely with the street entertainers etc - but I would highly recommend going to the London Dungeons, it was brilliant!

Are you going to stay on plan whilst your in London? x
Hi Jessie, we have just been talking about going to see a show and I think it's likely to be We Will Rock You so I'm really glad to hear that it's good. We also discussed going to the dungeons so, again, it's great to know that it comes recommended. I think other than that we will probably just see the sights and we'll probably take advantage of the free river cruise we got when we booked.

I doubt I'll stay on plan while I'm there but I'll try and keep my SW head on and make fairly sensible choices. I'll buy fruit and HEB cereal bars to snack on in the room and try and choose well when eating out.

Thanks for the tips x

Hey lovely!
Don't worry about yesterday!
Sounds like you have a tough couple of weekend meals out coming up though! I find it hard to stay on plan sometimes when I eat out because it feels like it should be a treat...but actually if you know you're going to be eating out a lot, maybe that in a weird way will be good as it encourages you to stay on plan and not go overboard and treat yourself on every occasion...haha or maybe that's just me trying to convince myself it's ok for me to eat out a lot!

I'm just on my way home from a long day at work in dear old London...so happy to give you some ideas if needed (although despite being there every day I'm a bit of a rubbish tourist!) what kind of things are you interested in? Art, animals, shopping, walking around etc etc? Xx
I think I know what you mean about the eating out, it does make sense to me :)

I think we'll do a lot of walking around in London and I really just want to see the sights - all the stuff I'm used to seeing on tv but have never seen in person really. We're staying in Kensington and I can't remember the hotel but it's only a couple of minutes walk from Earls Court Station so I hope that means it'll be easy to get around. We got Oyster cards with £15 on them as part of the deal when we booked - I have no idea how they work so please set my mind at ease and tell me it's easy??!!!! I know we'll have to top them up when we're there as we'll be in London over 4 days (arriving Thu and leaving Sun) x

Hi all!

I can't believe it's Sunday night already, what a crazy quick weekend it's been. Unfortunately I haven't really been on plan but I have made some reasonably sensible choices even when I've been eating out I think.

We were looking after Colin's nieces on Friday and had a chinese then binged a little on sweets with the kids afterwards. I wasn't too bad - a little chocolate bar, small packet of love hearts and a couple of boiled sweets. I'm guessing about 20-25 syns including the meal.

On Saturday we went to Glasgow for the day and I definitely wasn't on plan! I had a vanilla spiced latte when we got there (minus the cream though so some brownie points there hopefully!) and then we went to TGI Fridays where I got a spicy tomato and veggie pasta which had added veg since Colin gave me his(!) so that was a pretty good choice but then I had a chocolate brownie desert which was amazing but I dread to think how many syns! I was pretty stuffed after that so on Saturday night I had a couple of Pringles and a tiny bit of Dairy Milk.

Today we popped into Edinburgh to see where Colin is going to be working the next few days and we had a Subway for lunch while we were there. Mine was just cheese and all the salad but probably quite high in syns when you count the bread, sauce and olives on it. Other than that I've had cereal, couple of cereal bars and a baked potato with cheese... and coleslaw (oops!).

It's definitely back on plan tomorrow though. I'm planning on toast with Philadelphia for breakfast, Mexican rice salad for lunch (Batchelor's Mexican rice with added kidney beans, sweetcorn, peppers and some cayenne pepper) and then pasta arabiatta for dinner. That leaves my syns and some HEs for at night when I'm most likely to be naughty!

Hope everyones had a good weekend :)

xx

Sounds like a lovely fun weekend with the man! I'm so glad things are going well! Does he know you're on sw?!

As long as you remember to tap the Oyster cards on the readers at the start and end of every journey then you shouldn't go wrong! I think one journey is usual about £4 (if you stay central) but as long as you tap in and out correctly, you won't get charged more than a one day travelcard, no matter how many trips on the tube or bus you take! I'd defo recommend checking out some routes of the normal buses that go from earls
Court too as there must be some that do a pretty decent route past a few sights...and that would save you paying for one of those open top tours which can be expensive! :) xxx

Sounds like a lovely fun weekend with the man! I'm so glad things are going well! Does he know you're on sw?!

As long as you remember to tap the Oyster cards on the readers at the start and end of every journey then you shouldn't go wrong! I think one journey is usual about £4 (if you stay central) but as long as you tap in and out correctly, you won't get charged more than a one day travelcard, no matter how many trips on the tube or bus you take! I'd defo recommend checking out some routes of the normal buses that go from earls
Court too as there must be some that do a pretty decent route past a few sights...and that would save you paying for one of those open top tours which can be expensive! :) xxx
Thanks for the advice Ging, I'll definitely have a look at the buses too. I've downloaded a pretty good app which gives you the best transport options from wherever you are to wherever you want to go and it looks to be pretty reliable so hopefully that'll get us around fairly well.

Colin doesn't know I'm on SW which makes life a little bit difficult to be honest. He's one of these people who can eat and eat and eat and never put on weight (so far anyway!) and he hates the idea of people 'dieting'. Although I think he'd be supportive, I'm just not sure that he'd really 'get it' so I've decided to keep it to myself just now. He's seen pictures of me from a couple of years ago so he knows that I've lost weight recently and also that I want to get back in to being fit and healthy since I'm joining the gym tomorrow and he's all for it if it makes me happy. I think actually mentioning SW wouldn't be a great idea just yet though.

I know what you mean...I didn't tell rob for ages and ages either (I was on it when we met 4 years ago too!) cos I didn't want him to start being aware of my weight and I didn't want to seem a bore by being on a diet (even though I'm not, but I thought he might see it that way!)
I fell into the trap of trying to keep up with him food wise (he eats and eats too!) and in the end I fell off the sw wagon! This time he's been aware from the start and is really supportive...but it means that we tend to cook and eat separately!

Great that Colin is supportive with the gym etc! Are you excited to get cracking tomorrow? Xx

I know what you mean...I didn't tell rob for ages and ages either (I was on it when we met 4 years ago too!) cos I didn't want him to start being aware of my weight and I didn't want to seem a bore by being on a diet (even though I'm not, but I thought he might see it that way!)
I fell into the trap of trying to keep up with him food wise (he eats and eats too!) and in the end I fell off the sw wagon! This time he's been aware from the start and is really supportive...but it means that we tend to cook and eat separately!

Great that Colin is supportive with the gym etc! Are you excited to get cracking tomorrow? Xx
I actually can't wait to get started tomorrow and hopefully my enthusiasm won't wear off too quickly once I get going!

I'm sure Colin would be supportive, or at least he'd try to be, but I'm not sure if it's worth the earache of him constantly moaning about 'diets'!! Because he's never had weight issues and neither has anyone in his family, I just don't know how much he would understand. On the plus side, I suppose it is a little bit easier for me since we tend to eat separately anyway with me being vegetarian and him hating most vegetables!

Glad to know I'm not the only one whose other half can eat and eat and not put on weight... grrr men! They don't know how easy they have it!!

WI day today :eek: I had another naughty day yesterday (so that's probably 6 out of 7 this week!) but I'm hoping that since I've still been better than I was the last two weeks it'll make even a small difference on the scales. To be honest though, I would even be happy with a STS, hopefully I won't gain but I shouldn't be surprised if that's the result.

Monday 13 January
Breakfast Toast (HEB) with light Philadelphia (½HEA) and pineapple
Morning 2x satsumas
Lunch Mexican rice salad and a WW yogurt and a packet of salt & vinegar Squares (6 syns)
Afternoon Biscuit (3 syns)
Dinner Pasta bake with mushroom & vegetable sauce and added peppers (6 syns + HEA for cheese) and 2 slices garlic bread (10 syns)
Evening Toast (HEB) with Philadelphia light (½HEA) and ½ a packet of Love Hearts (3½ syns)
TOTAL SYNS - 28½
BODY MAGIC - None

I think that I need to recognise that sweet treats and crisps etc. are my downfall so I should really try and save my syns for them rather than using it on pasta sauces etc. when I can easily make my own syn free. I think the trick for next week is to forward plan a bit better and hopefully that can start today! Already I've had bran flakes with milk and banana for breakfast and for lunch I've got the last nights pasta leftovers (which I'll have to syn) and then I think it'll be some carrot and lentil soup for dinner with a roll. If I get a craving for something sweet at night I'll have a mint hot chocolate. All going to plan I should only use a maximum of 8 syns.

I've got my gym induction tonight at 8pm and I can't wait to get going. I'm going with my friend, her mum and a friend of my friends. I'd like to complete C25K again so I'm going to hop on the treadmill and see how I do and then I can decide where I think I can start again from. Hopefully I won't need to go all the way back to the start....!!

I'll update after WI..........

Good luck for WI my lovely. I think you're the same as me with choccies etc - I almost always use my syns for treats rather than meals, because it's what keeps me on the wagon! If I had to syn meals, I'd feel really deprived and probably be much naughtier.

Really hope the scales are kind and here's to a 100% week this week xx

Oooh good luck for tonight - at the gym AND WI. Hopefully WI will go better than you hope, but if not at least you have somewhere to take out your frustration! xx

Well it was a ½lb gain last night for me. I'm slightly disappointed but it is totally deserved and not unexpected so the line has already been drawn and I'm moving on.

Food for yesterday was on plan but I feel like I ate loads. I think after eating so much at Christmas and New Year that my body now expects it so I want to start cutting down to get to where I was before that.

Tuesday 14 January 2014
Breakfast Bran Flakes (HEB) with milk (½HEA) and banana
Morning Pineapple and a satsuma
Lunch Leftover veggie pasta (6 syns) and a WW yogurt
Afternoon Satsuma and banana
Dinner Carrot and coriander soup with a roll (HEB)
Evening Toast (4 syns) with baked beans, 45g cheese (1½HEA) and some cherry tomatoes
TOTAL SYNS - 10
BODY MAGIC - Gym (1 hour)

I had my gym induction last night and then spent an hour on the machines. I mainly used the treadmill, cross trainer and bike but I had a go with some of the weights to try some toning exercises the instructor suggested. The best thing about last night was that it was a freebie taster session (even though I've been before!) and we don't need to actually pay anything or sign up to a membership until next time. The girls I was with are going back tonight to get signed up and have another workout so I think I might go too. I'm meeting some friends for dinner straight from work (about 6pm) so I'm hoping just to have something small then get to the gym to meet the girls around 8.30pm. I'm really raring to go so I might as well go with it before the enthusiasm starts to wane! I'm going to give it a miss tomorrow and then go back after work on Friday and then again on Sunday night. Colin plays football on a Sunday night at the local leisure centre and my membership covers use of the gym there so I might tag along and use the gym while he plays football.

As I say, I'm meeting some friends for dinner tonight but we're having italian so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick to plan. I might avoid a starter but if I have one I'll go for minestrone soup (6½ syns) and then I'll probably have the penne piccante for my main (7 syns?) and I'll save a HEA for parmesan. That will use up pretty much all of my syns but I've had bran flakes with milk and banana for breakfast (HEB + ½HEA), I've got carrot and coriander soup and a salad for lunch and I've got yogurt and fruit to snack on. If I'm hungry after the gym, I should have another HEB so I'll have a slice of toast or something. Fingers crossed I'll have another on plan day which will mean this will be the first time I've had two on plan days in a row this year!!!

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm being a little bit naughty not updating this more often but things are so manic for me just now I just can't seem to find the time!

Wedensday was a good day food-wise. I went out for dinner to an Italian but managed to stay within my 15 syns so I was really happy.

I was on plan yesterday as well although I maxed out on the syns again. I used them for an extra slice of bread, some dairy milk and two boiled sweets. I had plenty of free and superfree so I'm feeling good that I've had three on plan days in a row.

I'm not sure I'll stay on plan tonight though as we're going to Colin's brothers house for a takeaway tonight. It'll probably be a Chinese in which case I should be able to choose well but, if not, it might be a pizza.... If that's the case, I'll go for a small one with loads of veg for the topping and keep my HEAs to cover some of the cheese. I'll still go way over syns but at least I'll be in control of what I'm having. Fingers crossed they opt for Chinese though! Afterwards Colin and I are going to go out for a walk so I'll get some Body Magic in as well.

Talking of Body Magic, I've been to the gym the past three nights and I'm loving it. Each time I've spent around an hour to an hour and a half and I've used the bike, cross trainer, treadmill and some weights. I might go back on Sunday night but, if not, I'll definitely be back on Monday and I'm going to try and do a good bit of walking at the weekend so still plenty of Body Magic.

xx

Hello lovely! Sounds like you've had a good few days on plan and amazing work at the gym! 90 minutes is LOADS! You are such a superstar.

Have an awesome weekend and hope you manage a low-ish syn choice for dinner :) xx

Hello lovely! Sounds like you've had a good few days on plan and amazing work at the gym! 90 minutes is LOADS! You are such a superstar.

Have an awesome weekend and hope you manage a low-ish syn choice for dinner :) xx
Thanks Sarah. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying going to the gym and how motivated I am. Long may it last!!

Have a lovely weekend x

Hey hun, hope you have a great weekend. Well done on making healthy choices when you eat out. I always find that so hard as tend to get into the 'eating out should be a treat' mentality.

Glad you're enjoying the gym, 90 minutes each time is mental. Does it give you any idea on the machines how many calories you're burning off? x

Back