Veggies

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by evilpenguin, 6 January 2010 Social URL.

1. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Hi all, happy new year

Just looked at my meal plan for the week and had a thought..

tonight- canneloni, the recipe from the last mag I think it was??, served with nothing
    tomorrow- the risotto from the same mag, served with nothing
    friday- homemade chilli, with nothing!!

Does anyone else struggle to eat lots of veg with their meals? I just read the EE changes thread + realised I have to start eating a lot of extra veg, I hardly eat any unless it's in a sauce, don't really have it as a side. But.. what veg could I possibly eat with risotto? I love cabbage but can't find anything it goes with so any I buy sit in the fridge and go off :(

Any tips?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Butternut squash and mushroom risotto, with a little onion for extra flavour?

Deffo a nice side salad with any pasta based dishes or simply chop up peppers, onions, celery, mushrooms and put them right there in the sauce!

4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Isn't the cannelloni stuffed with spinach?

This is the problem I'm seeing with EE - most of the recipes SW suggest don't include 1/3 superfree foods - and the meal in itself is filling so where are you supposed to add the superfree? not all of them have 1/3 sf ingredients, though your could to things like bolognaise/lasagne etc

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A side salad, or a salad as a starter. Or fruit afterwards. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the same plate.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.