Veggies

slimmerwithin

It been to the loo for 5 days and I think that is why I might not have lost as much as I would
Ole and there is absolutely no sign of it so think extra veg might help.

What is the weight limit on the veg for. I can only think it is to ensure that we stay in ketosis. If we can stay in ketosis with extra veg is this ok?

It's to limit calories as well as the carbs to stay in ketosis.

Don't leave it too long before you go. Either add a fibre supplement (I use Scandanavian Bran crispbreads x 2 as it's pretty much the only thing that works for me and I've pretty much tried them all) or use something like Dulcolax Pico Perles. You might be better off managing to 'go' before trying fibre etc as that won't help get rid of what's gone before it if you get my drift :).

There are next to no calories in veg?

This may or may not help
But I find having the odd coffee( which is allowed on the plan) helps to keep things regular.

slimmerwithin said:
There are next to no calories in veg?

That depends on the veg - some is actually quite high in calories and carbs. At the end of the day it's your choice. Personally I was always happy if my carbs were less than 60g a day.

Plus I don't think that it's advisable for anyone on a VLCD to have unlimited anything. We all need to take the time to learn about portion control.

I expect that apart from to restrict calories/ carbs etc., the weight limit is there because so many people, especially those on S&S, have problems with portion sizes and controlling them. If there was no portion limit, for instance if they said "enough vegetables to fill you up", people would binge on them. VLCDs are more about set rules and taking food out the equation.
You're right that most veg have few calories, compared to other foods. I'm all for altering the diet to suit you, as long as it's not going to make you slip off the wagon. I've been drinking all diet drinks since about 4 or 5 weeks in and haven't noticed any difference in weight loss, but it wouldn't work for other people. I've also had extra veg if I fancy it.
Stick to veg that have higher levels of fibre such as broccoli, cabbage, fennel, spinach, green pepper and mushrooms.

Try something mild like senna maybe x

Back