Veggies

There's a list they print on the paperwork they send with your order, or i'm sure it's on the sticky here. :)

Seeing as I went shopping today and the list is in my head lol :

Asparagus
bamboo shoots - canned and drained
broccoli
cauliflower
celery
courgettes
cucumber
fennel
gherkins
green peppers
green chili peppers
leeks
lettuice
mushrooms
olives
rocket
shallot
spinach
spring onion
swede
turnip (boiled only)
watercress
white cabbage

Im a bit gutted carrots, tomatoes And peas arent on there! Lol

I'm suprised there is no fruit on there !

Fruit is packed full of sugar so would keep you out of ketosis.

I think I need to research ketosis a bit more, as I am unsure and nervous what we can and can't eat other than what they have guided us to eat, im on day 3 today starting 4 tomorrow. How do I know when I'm in ketosis? Today has been a big battle of wills for me, I feel hungry where as I wasn't that hungry on dayb1 and 2.

Do you have any tips, being at the other end and successfully maintaining?
Any food ideas? I'm not digging some of this grub lol

:) well done on your loss, similar stats to me

You really don't need to worry about it. If you follow the plan to a t you will be in ketosis. Simple!

This means you won't feel hungry after a few days and should have plenty of energy

Just follow the plan, that's the beauty of it. Simple and it works

There is a refeed or you can adapt another vlcd refeed. There us a refeed section when that time is near

Good luck with the plan hun Xx

Want2bme said:
I think I need to research ketosis a bit more, as I am unsure and nervous what we can and can't eat other than what they have guided us to eat, im on day 3 today starting 4 tomorrow. How do I know when I'm in ketosis? Today has been a big battle of wills for me, I feel hungry where as I wasn't that hungry on dayb1 and 2.

Do you have any tips, being at the other end and successfully maintaining?
Any food ideas? I'm not digging some of this grub lol

:) well done on your loss, similar stats to me

Yep - if you follow the plan 100% ypu will be in ketosis so no need to worry. However, if you are anything like me you'll want to research what ketosis is and what can affect it whilst you are on the diet. Feel free to go ahead and do that if it will help. Day 3/4 is often the hardest. Good luck!

Hey

Thanks for the tips, today has been easier, I haven't felt that hungry :) but have had a bad head and dizzy spells! It has been hot too.... Never drank so much water!! Lol

I do like to know as much as I can lol helps me understand more! Well done on your mahoosive loss! :)

Want2bme said:
Hey

Thanks for the tips, today has been easier, I haven't felt that hungry :) but have had a bad head and dizzy spells! It has been hot too.... Never drank so much water!! Lol

I do like to know as much as I can lol helps me understand more! Well done on your mahoosive loss! :)

Thanks! You might have a carb withdrawal headache. Make sure you are drinking enough - dehydration can make you feel dizzy. Also - you could have a bit of low blood pressure - you could add a little but of salt to yoUr savoury packs.

The headache went as soon as I got home and ate properly, I'd had 2 packs all day because of work, so I got home and had a pack with my protein and veg, and headache went almost straight away! I've had ove 2 litres of water, closer to 3!

Never thought of low blood pressure,more complicated than you think this diet ay! Thank you!

You're welcome. Personally I drink a lot more water than that - more like 5/6 litres but spread throughout the day (it's dangerous to drink too much too quickly). But Ai always have been a big water drinker.

Wow, that is a lot, I only just get down my 3 litres including the bits in shakes etc, why is it dangerous to drink too much at once? Maybe I will google that :)

Hopenyour well x

Too much water in a short time can dilute the electrolytes naturally present in your body. The cells swell with water- these include cells in your brain. So basically, your brain swells up, leading to seizures and it goes downhill from there...
Over consumption of water is quite rare as the body is good at regulating it i.e. it tells you when it's thirsty. Just don't go OTT thinking 'the more you drink the more you shrink', that's rubbish. Stick to the S&S guidelines, don't drink a lot quickly, spread it evenly throughout the day, and you'll be fine.

I normally have three but in this heat with working out I've been having six nice and spaced out

Drink when thirsty and you'll be fine :)

How often do you Excersize? Cos I notice I don't even lose any then like I used to!

Thanks for the water knowledge! Even in this heat I doubt id sink 6 lol well done though, I drank 3 litres between 10 and 6pm and an extra pint, and half a litre is coming to bed with me, only thing I hate is the needing the loo sooooo much x

I think that if you exercise whilst on a VLCD it slows your weight loss - but it doesn't slow your fat loss so I'd encourage you to do it if a slower weight loss won't upset you.

It's toning up along the way I want to focus on, I just don't have the energy though. I'm supposed to be going for a swim tonight, but I just cant bring myself to go. I know I will go but you know what I mean lol and I know when I'm there I'll enjoy myself and feel great afterwards.

Do you have any before and after pics from having such a great loss, my goal is 9 st 6 in the long run, what size is that? Your close to that so I thought I'd ask, hope you don't mind x

Back