Velvet20's weight loss diary

Velvet20

Hello, I have just joined the forum today and am going to start a weight loss diary so I can record my progress and motivate me to keep going. I am a yo yo dieter of many years and this is my upper weight and I am just starting to feel really uncomfortable with myself and in my clothes. In the past when I have put weight on it has been evenly distributed but now I have got most on the belly, which is very noticable and I am stuck to wearing certain clothes and cover ups to disguise it. Anyway this is my first day and I hope doing this helps me stick to it.

Welcome and good luck. x

Hiya and good luck!

Well done my first day was pretty easy, I just have to make sure that I have food in that I like to eat. I got out for a walk and managed to do some cleaning in the house, I have to keep busy when I am doing this. I feel much better this morning I sleep a lot better without alcohol and less food. I stuck to about 1200 cals.

Hi Velvet!

The first few days are definitely the hardest. I always try to keep something in like celery and low-cal hummus (savoury) and bananas or ice lollies (sweet) in the house so if I find myself really craving, I can use up 50 - 100 cals and it gives me a bit of a boost. Having a food diary really helps.

Well done for staying active. Hang on in there!

Hi Velvet20 (great username!) - it's great to have another member joining us on our cc missions! Best of luck on your journey - I look forward to seeing how you get on x

Well I have made it through too today and stuck to it and I have been away for a couple of days. Its been hard cooking a bbq for the kids and just sticking to a piece of salmon and a big green salad for me. I find sticking to the diet easier if I keep some low calorie ready type meals in stock and I always have a muller light yog with lots of fruit for afters. It does not feel as if I am burning yet though losing weight is much harder the older you get.

I know exactly what you mean about keeping ready low calories meals in stock ... I've relied on them a lot this week, and they have been a godsend. What with those, and a huge supply of fat free Activia (half the calories of muller light on average!), and my favourite treat ... Alpro Chocolate Soya Dessert (110 calories per pot), and I feel like I can stay in control. Keep strong, and you will get there x

Feeling a lot better for cutting down on food and alcohol, I have been sleeping really well, before I was waking up about 2am with terrible indigestion. I got really stuck into my garden yesterday and made a mark, I just have to keep busy when I am doing this.

1 x oatibix with milk sugar and piled with fruit
2 x toasted granary bread with 1/2 tin tuna on
chicken breast grilled with new pots and a large green salad with dressing
muller light yog ( I will try activia)
loads of coffees during the day
diet coke( replaces the alcohol)

Saturday 31st

• 2 x oatibix milk and sugar
  • Tuna on 2 slices toast
  • Marks and spencer ready meal smoked haddock, with cabbage and suede
  • 2 x muller yogs
  • diet coke
  • unlimited coffees
and stuck to it

I know exactly what you mean about keeping ready low calories meals in stock ... I've relied on them a lot this week, and they have been a godsend. What with those, and a huge supply of fat free Activia (half the calories of muller light on average!), and my favourite treat ... Alpro Chocolate Soya Dessert (110 calories per pot), and I feel like I can stay in control. Keep strong, and you will get there x

Landie - Glad to see someone else who loves the chocolate soya pots! They're yummy, aren't they? Sometimes I give them a quick blast in the microwave to turn them into a hot pudding :)

Thanks for your replies I weighed in this morning and have lost 4lb so I am pleased with this. I have definately stuck to it today I feel a lot fitter.

• 1 x oatibix with milk and sugar and rasberries and blackcurrents
  • tuna sandwich in seeded bread
  • marks and spencer small cotage pie with broccolli, green beans and cabbage and gravy
  • coffees and a diet coke
  • and been out for a long walk with the kids

Still on track and feeling like I can stick to it

Wed 4th Aug

• 1 x Oatibix with milk, sugar, rasberries and blackberries
  • 1/2 tin tuna with mayo on 2 slices of toasted seeded bread
  • chicken snitzel with big salad and some new pots and very small amount of colslaw
  • muller yog
  • unlimited coffees

I have stuck to it again today

• Oatibix with milk, sugar and banana, stawberries and blackberries
  • tin of tuna drained on 2 x slices of wholemeal toast
  • diet coke
  • M & S smoked haddock in a cheese sauce with suede and cabbage
  • Muller yog
feeling so much better because I am not drinking alcohol

Weigh in this morning and I have lost 3lb so very pleased with this my food diary for yesterday
  • 1 x Oatibix, milk and sugar rasberries, strawberries and banana
  • Tuna sandwich (this was double the size I make as was a pub lunch)
  • 1/2 tin baked beans on 2 slices of wholemeal toast spread with lurpack ( trying to be careful because of the huge sandwich at lunch)
  • muller yog
  • diet coke
  • coffees

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's brilliant! :D

We're both about the same weight and height, so it's really interesting reading your diary and comparing... you're doing so well! *jealous* lol

Back