Veneers

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Has anyone had any Veneers put in? I am considering them but i know they are really expensive. I would love veneers on all my teeth but i dont i probably cant afford that but i am looking into getting veneers to cover 1 or 2 teeth that need sorting out.

xx

What are you using veneers for? Is it to correct crooked or damaged teeth? If it's the former, I went to my dentist thinking only veneers could correct my crooked teeth but was persuaded to try invisalign invisible braces and it's the best thing I ever did.
Veneers are irriversible and don't last forever, so it's worth taking that into account.
I would really recommend getting a few consultations from good dentists. Ask to see evidence of their work they have carried out with other patients, so you can be sure you are getting the best job done.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I want Veneers to correct 1 or 2 crooked teeth (a tooth by my inciser on the upper left and an overlapping kind of tooth on the upper left side). I have looked into having braces but i'm not sure if they'll make much of a difference. I mentioned it to my dentist but she said that your teeth have to be almost perfect (e.g no fiilings etc.) to be considered for braces. But my cousin has had some put in with no problems and she is paying monthly for them.

I have aslo considered invisalign and found a dentist near by that provide them but i'm not sure if i can afford them. But after hearing about your success, i will mention them to my dentist at my next appoiontment.

Thanks again for your reply :) xx

ps - have you seen them clip in teeth that they do, it so wierd, lol. xx

Your dentist is lying!! Sorry to be so blunt, but my teeth were HORRID! The only good thing about them was that they were a gorgeous naturally white colour (which my dentist said people pay fortunes for, to have their teeth as white as mine!). I had overlapping teeth, some sticking out... it was just horrid. I was so self-conscious of them and never hardly smiled as I got paranoid people were looking at them.
I really thought veneers were the only answer as I never thought for a second anything else could be done. When my dentist first recommended invisalign, I refused instantly as I didn't believe for a second that a brace could sort them out. In fact, I was angry at my dentist for trying to even convince me to try them. It was only after seeing lots of before and after pics of his other clients who had had invisalign done that I started to think maybe they could help.
It is without doubt the best thing I've ever done. Yes, they were expensive, but for they have made me smile for a lifetime!
Honestly, the difference they have made is brilliant. I smile ALL the time. Two of my friends were so impressed with the results that they're now having invisalign too!
Whenever I show people my 'before' and 'after' pics, they can't believe the difference.
And best of all, they are my own natural teeth, and not bits of material stuck onto drilled down stumps!

I thought my dentist was being abit funny when we were discussing braces. I really wanted them put in and i'm still considering them because i'm not that bothered about having a visible brace but i'm still really unsure if the will do anything for my teeth. I have a small mouth so i'll never get that big hollywood smile so i'm not sure if it'll be worth all the money.

How long did it take for you to start seeing a difference with Invisalin? Have you got any pictures to share? Did you have to pay all the money up front or do they offer pay monthly packages? I know i should really contact a dentist about this but i dont want to get my hopes up and then find out that i cant afford them at all or they won't really make a difference.

Thanks for your reply and advice about all this, i really do appreciate it.

xx :)

I have a small mouth too! I always say I have a big gob but a small mouth! haha.
I started to see a difference in a matter fo weeks. My whole course of treatment only took just over a year.
I paid for mine by paying half up front, then the rest at the end of treatment. I'm pretty sure most dentists will have a monthly re-payment plan available though.
Before you start your treatment, the dentist will show you a 3-D video image of the way your teeth are now and how they will be at the end of treatment. Mine look exactly how the 3-D images promised!
I'll dig out my 'before' pics when I'm home on Monday and post you some 'before' and 'after' pics so you can see what mine are like.

I have a small mouth too! I always say I have a big gob but a small mouth! haha.
I started to see a difference in a matter fo weeks. My whole course of treatment only took just over a year.
I paid for mine by paying half up front, then the rest at the end of treatment. I'm pretty sure most dentists will have a monthly re-payment plan available though.
Before you start your treatment, the dentist will show you a 3-D video image of the way your teeth are now and how they will be at the end of treatment. Mine look exactly how the 3-D images promised!
I'll dig out my 'before' pics when I'm home on Monday and post you some 'before' and 'after' pics so you can see what mine are like.

Thanks so much for your advice. I think i'm going to make an appointment to discuss Invisalin with the dentist. I will aslo discuss the normal braces too. I would love to see some before and after pics.

Thanks again xx

Here's my before pic!

Attachments

• IMG00149-20100323-1608.jpg
    IMG00149-20100323-1608.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 50
and here's my after pic!

Oh my gosh, wow, what a difference and you got that from using Invisalin?? You have such a lovely smile.

My teeth are similar to your before picture on the right side where you have one tooth on top of the other. But mine looks impossible to straighten.

I am definately going to get in touch with my dentist. But i dont think my teeth will come out as nice as yours.

Did you have to have any teeth removed? If i was to have braces i was told they might have to remove a tooth or 2 to make room for the others to straighten.

Thanks again for sharing your pictures xx

Thank you! My smile actually looks a bit wonky there due to trying to position myself properly andtake a photo! haha.

Yep, it was all done with invisalign. I had two teeth removed. One from each upper side near the back. I was horrified at first because I thought I'd be left with huge gaps, but now those gaps have completely closed as my teeth have straightened.
If the dentist needs to remove teeth, it is to make room for your teeth to move as the straightening process begins.

Thank you! My smile actually looks a bit wonky there due to trying to position myself properly andtake a photo! haha.

Yep, it was all done with invisalign. I had two teeth removed. One from each upper side near the back. I was horrified at first because I thought I'd be left with huge gaps, but now those gaps have completely closed as my teeth have straightened.
If the dentist needs to remove teeth, it is to make room for your teeth to move as the straightening process begins.

Your smile isn't wonky at all, it looks lovely. How long did you have to wear Invisalin for? Its good to know they remove the teeth from the back, i thought i'd have big gaps in my teeth if they didnt xx

I had mine in for just over a year. About 13-14 months I think. Once you've got used to wearing the braces you forget they are even there.
I love that you can just remove them whenever you want to eat. So convenient!

Back