Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Bonkers, I have enjoyed reading about your journey....... People are giving you great advice. I am with you on wanting to move onto conso when you reach TW..... I was dying to reach conso and when I did unfortunately I went mad and it was all downhill from there BUT I truly believe the good Dr when he says if you stick to it you will stabalise!!! I DREAM OF CONSO again!!! It is very true that getting back on the pony after you have fallen off is very very hard but if you are conscious of sticking to conso to the letter then you will succeed........I thankfully am only now back on cruise and taking it day by day and if I can save you the mental agony of doing what I did after I reached TW with over a year of no cheats whatsoever then I will be delighted!!! Conso is amazing but it does open up the door to cravings again and being aware of that is crucial!!! Almost immediately I would find every excuse in the book to have more than my one celebration meal a week and didn't make the most of PV days every day, bread and cheese - and fruit too!!! Gosh what an idiot!!! Reading this back as I write it I feel such a fool for finding it soo hard..... Lastly (you will have had enough of my gabbling), my Mum and friends went on about portion control and I am afraid I wiped the floor with them - they didn't mention it again!!!! LOL - truly I ate my way through Dukan but in peaks and troughs - sometimes I was so full and other times I struggled to eat and I let my body decide (though for the most part I did eat more on a PV day before Jo (Maintainer) reminded me it was a PROTEIN diet!!!LOL!)..... Well done you for doing an awesome job - enjoy those size 18's very soon to be 16's!!!!

I am going to continue the journey to where my body feels most comfortable and is happy - I am not fussed about numbers on scale or dress sizes a lot now - its just something to aim for - did that make sense. I am actually enjoying eating good food and lifting heavy and not feeling bloated and sick every morning (coz I stuffed myself on deep fried KFC or something the prev night :D).

I finished week 3 pf Push phase today... looking forward to completing this phase and taking pics - i can feel the difference but hoping to see it soon ...

Know that stuffed and/or sick feeling...amazing what we put our bodies thro' and they still keep working away!!

Well done you... you're a real inspiration and I look forward to seeing some pics.. :)

Hi B, just dropping in to see how you are and catch up on your thread xxx

Where I personally do like Dukan's TW, compared to traditional tables you see everywhere else, is that his calculator asks a heck of a lot of questions rather than just the height and build ones. On the French official site at least, way back in my day, it wasn't so much about reaching "target weight" such as you might be thinking about it... it's more a "stabilisable" weight. Many of us who pushed on for a lower than Dukan weight, when feeling supreme in ketosis in cruise, found that such low weight just wasn't a natural one to stabilise.

In any event, a good thing to think about beforehand...
x
PS - your sister could just be a little envious of all the extra attention you're receiving. Things will hopefully settle. I know I had a few pangs when my sister lost loads and started commenting on how she'd overtaken me on the weight loss field!

Hey Jo

Completely with you that Dukan calculator gives you a "stabilising" weight (and that's my goal!) - if my body willingly goes any lower - great! If not, I am happy where I am.

But I must say that one field in the calculator "You're average weight" always throws me - if I'm not dieting or exercising my weight balloons up to the max... I have tried it with various numbers in this field just to see what the calculator throws at me - usually get my TW in the 70s (kgs).

When I think back to college and when I was most active, my lowest was 65kg and I used to regularly weigh in at 75. So, I don't think Dukan TW is too far off the mark and that will be my benchmark for life!

Hmm I thought I replied to this, obviously not!

I know what you mean about the mental thing. I felt something like that first round of Dukan. I just couldn't shift the last 3kgs and I was getting really fed up with the restrictions so decided to move onto Conso. Bad move for me, I just went mad with the extra food I was allowed! I know better now and I'm taking it one day at a time.

Funny you mention KFC. Last time round that was my go to cheat food - the hot wings. If I couldn't bear the thought of having Dukan food I'd get myself 5 hot wings and have that for a meal telling myself it could have easily been a Zinger Tower Meal lol I haven't had the urge to do that yet but it's early days still :p

I enjoy not feeling bloated as well. I think that's part of what keeps me going.

Are you planning to put up before and after pics? :)

Whatever you decide to do and whenever you decide to stop, you're doing great at the moment so keep going! x

Now you really got me thinking about KFC - and I was doing so good :p.

I will do Before & Afters - in approx. 6.5 kgs :D - I am so excited to get this over with!!!

Bonkers, I have enjoyed reading about your journey....... People are giving you great advice. I am with you on wanting to move onto conso when you reach TW..... I was dying to reach conso and when I did unfortunately I went mad and it was all downhill from there BUT I truly believe the good Dr when he says if you stick to it you will stabalise!!! I DREAM OF CONSO again!!! It is very true that getting back on the pony after you have fallen off is very very hard but if you are conscious of sticking to conso to the letter then you will succeed........I thankfully am only now back on cruise and taking it day by day and if I can save you the mental agony of doing what I did after I reached TW with over a year of no cheats whatsoever then I will be delighted!!! Conso is amazing but it does open up the door to cravings again and being aware of that is crucial!!! Almost immediately I would find every excuse in the book to have more than my one celebration meal a week and didn't make the most of PV days every day, bread and cheese - and fruit too!!! Gosh what an idiot!!! Reading this back as I write it I feel such a fool for finding it soo hard..... Lastly (you will have had enough of my gabbling), my Mum and friends went on about portion control and I am afraid I wiped the floor with them - they didn't mention it again!!!! LOL - truly I ate my way through Dukan but in peaks and troughs - sometimes I was so full and other times I struggled to eat and I let my body decide (though for the most part I did eat more on a PV day before Jo (Maintainer) reminded me it was a PROTEIN diet!!!LOL!)..... Well done you for doing an awesome job - enjoy those size 18's very soon to be 16's!!!!

Hi Trudy

Thank you for stopping by. Everyone is great here (including you!) and I love coming on here everyday. I usually catch up on my phone in the evenings, but dont like the app much and rather log on from computer to reply to everyone.

You did a whole year with no cheats??? Wow! I couldn't manage 4 months :p. When I got to the double digits I told myself I would quit smoking and celebrate that! And I did. I was super scared and didnt know if I'd get back on the next day... But I woke up not thinking about how I cheated and just continued eating my Dukan food.

Since that day, I have taken days off for Xmas, NYE, a birthday in Jan and over 4 days in a row (the beginning of Feb). On these days I ate what I want from the time I woke up to getting into bed at night. And I used them as a challenge to make sure I got back on track immediately. The toughest was the 4 days.

I personally feel that my cheat days on cruise have made me "stronger" with ref to tackling conso and the treats! Since Dec I unintentionally gave me a day off every month (have one planned for another bday this month). I think that will help with the getting back on plan after my weekly celebration meals...

And honestly - fruit and cheese I still dont plan on having (never been fond of) but the thought of eating a real sandwich and rice and pasta - thats what I am looking forward to!

I went on for a bit there :)...

Going to check out the Dukan diaries that I notice got updated over the weekend...

Know that stuffed and/or sick feeling...amazing what we put our bodies thro' and they still keep working away!!

Well done you... you're a real inspiration and I look forward to seeing some pics.. :)

Thanks Emmaline ... I will post pics as soon as I hit TW.

They do show a difference but I am nowhere a skinny girl yet... long way to go :rolleyes:

Hi B, just dropping in to see how you are and catch up on your thread xxx

Hey Bev

All good... am just getting excited as I'm nearing the end of my second phase and looking forward to the next.

Going to pop by your thread later ... :)

All you guys are amazing! Came back to wonderful msgs... Made me feel special :).

Weekly stats update - another kg down (2.2lbs) and that's it. No inch loss :rolleyes:.

I am happy that this means 6.4 kg left to TW, almost in the 12s and about 3 or so kg from 6 stone loss :D.

Week 4 of Push phase in progress - loving it. My body sore but oh so strong!

The highlight of my week:

Went to the mall Thursday evening. Walked into "camaieu" as they had a buy 2 get 1 free offer and my sis wanted to buy some new work blouses.

Now this is one of those stores that I wouldn't window shop at for fear of being ridiculed that I, a fat person, was even looking at their clothes :p - u know the tiny stuff on display like at Forever 21!

But, and drumroll please, tried on a pair of 18 pants - and they fit!!!!! I am wearing them right now and feel so skinny :D.

The entire evening I was like - :bunnydance::banana dancer::0icanfly::woohoo::stickdance:

Oh loving the post about the clothes - SUCH an amazing feeling and I bet you are looking grand now - so close to TW - 2.2 lb is great!!! Gosh six stone is pretty impressive and in a relatively short space of time - well done you!!! Very much is awe of your ability to take a day off Dukan and get straight back on track, I would find that difficult at the moment but I hope to achieve it by the time conso comes around again! Keep going Bonkers, fab inspiration to all of us atm!

Fantastic.......nuf said xxx

That's fab Bonkers... nothing like getting into those smaller sizes!! YAY!!

Thanks Emmaline! :D

Whoop whoop :clap::bliss::woohoo: There is no finer feeling than being able to fit into clothes from one of 'those' stores and fitting into a whole smaller siz! Bravo!!!! :D You must be thrilled xx

U got it - "those" stores!!!! exactly what I'm feeling... its not the same - buying a 18 from a store catering to teeny ppl vs. buying a size 18 from the plus size range at M&S! :p

Oh loving the post about the clothes - SUCH an amazing feeling and I bet you are looking grand now - so close to TW - 2.2 lb is great!!! Gosh six stone is pretty impressive and in a relatively short space of time - well done you!!! Very much is awe of your ability to take a day off Dukan and get straight back on track, I would find that difficult at the moment but I hope to achieve it by the time conso comes around again! Keep going Bonkers, fab inspiration to all of us atm!

Thanks Trudy!

I was very scared the first time I cheated - and that was just one meal (grilled chicken with a side of chips)! But my ex-bestie (a**hole!) was with me at the time and he told me I needed to find a sustainable way of eating - that I could deprive myself or I'd completely fall of the wagon.

He is extremely fit and super strong and always said "if 4 meals out of the week are off plan it will not affect your weight loss". I remember that everytime I have a cheat day.

I think it all boils down to why I am doing this and why now - I have tried to lose weight over the years but never did it for the right reasons i.e. ME!

How long do you have on cruise? I am on day 193 of 275 (bloody hell!).

Also - pleased to report 110 days (as of yesterday) smoke free :p

Have a nice day everyone (I'm off to enjoy some smoked salmon)!

Ahh bonkers how sweet of you to come looking for me :) very touched :)

Amazing losses bonkers and well done on managing to stay smoke free :) I've heard that can be very hard whilst dieting especially! So well done :) thanks for checking in on me I will update on my diary to save sabotaging yours ;) xxx

Morning B, (well it is for me anyway lol) - first of all.... Forget the diet! Ex-bestie? Share! Secondly, his advice sounds a bit suspect to me: you see up to 4 meals off plan have a psychological effect. Granted I know almost diddly squat about Dukan, there are ways across the board to challenge our own feelings of 'deprivation' : one asks oneself "why am I feeling miserable about junk food when there are tasty on plan (this is for your diet plan you understand," tasty" isn't quite how I'd classify my Cambridge Plan!) alternatives to satisfy " or" deprivation isn't always bad, a toddler deprived of crisps for every meal may be wailing, but tough luck "....You're doing this for you, and six stone down we can confidently say: WINNING!!!! Lol

Am I making sense here or have I missed the thread of the discussion? Feel free to tell me :)

Seriously hon, your focus and determination have made you one of my diet heros (not to mention 110 days Smoke Free :D Hardcore lol BRAVO!!!!!)

I hope you've had a wonderful day xx

Ahh bonkers how sweet of you to come looking for me :) very touched :)

Amazing losses bonkers and well done on managing to stay smoke free :) I've heard that can be very hard whilst dieting especially! So well done :) thanks for checking in on me I will update on my diary to save sabotaging yours ;) xxx

Oh you gave me oat bran cookies and bns chips - without you Dukan would've been so boring... of course I wondered where you are! Every time I eat a cookie I think of you :thinking2:

Morning B, (well it is for me anyway lol) - first of all.... Forget the diet! Ex-bestie? Share!

Hiya Bev - ex-bestie coz he betrayed me... I practically lived my life based on everything he said to me / about me. The relationship was complicated, to say the least, but we had fun and were tight.

Luckily we had a blow out at the beginning of 2012 and hadnt spoken for a while. I started Dukan (and putting ME first) during the time we werent speaking - so wasnt based on anything he said or did or any encouragement from him. When he upped and got married (yes married! and didnt even tell me!) in Jan this year, it was hard but not as hard as it would've been if I wasnt in the zone.

Oh my gosh - if he had done this anytime before Aug last year I cant even begin to think what my reaction wudve been! Now its his loss!

Secondly, his advice sounds a bit suspect to me: you see up to 4 meals off plan have a psychological effect. Granted I know almost diddly squat about Dukan, there are ways across the board to challenge our own feelings of 'deprivation' : one asks oneself "why am I feeling miserable about junk food when there are tasty on plan (this is for your diet plan you understand," tasty" isn't quite how I'd classify my Cambridge Plan!) alternatives to satisfy " or" deprivation isn't always bad, a toddler deprived of crisps for every meal may be wailing, but tough luck "....You're doing this for you, and six stone down we can confidently say: WINNING!!!! Lol

Am I making sense here or have I missed the thread of the discussion? Feel free to tell me :) xx

I think when he (and me) used the word "deprived" it was thinking "life is too short". It actually isnt bad advise as a lot of athletes regularly eat off plan to keep their bodies guessing.

And I know he wanted me to know that I can eat a slice of cake and not worry about it and go off track and completely sabotage myself. Its a little treat at the end of working hard - and i know the rule is not to treat yourself with food (but who wudnt jump at the chance :p). I now plan my cheat days (and will when I go to next phase) and this helps me stay on track - and work harder in the following days!

Finally - yes, psychological effect - but luckily for me its been positive :D... Now I may need to change this when I move to conso and have a weekly celebration meal (oh my god I cant wait!) but I have come this far and this time I am not going back! Ever!

Bravo to not going back! We do not want to go backwards!

Back