Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Haha feel free to ramble on my diary. I try and post as much as I can to keep myself on track. I know what you mean about pork and fat. I read somewhere fat helps the body absorb nutrients so I'm not 100% Dukan in that sense. I don't trim off all the fat on meat and have semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed. Having said that, Dukan seems to work for me better than Atkins so I don't go crazy on the fat. You know a lot of low fat stuff have more carbs and additives than full fat ones? Probably to make them taste nicer!

Oh same here same here - with the dairy if I'm out I just go with what they have - skimmed or low fat (nothing higher). I have been doing that since day 1 and it hasn't affected me.

I'd go crazy on the fat as well, if I was on Atkins. I read that it fills you up so you tend to eat less but that wont hold true for me - I have never had a problem eating deep fried anything - and I would mess up the Atkins affect :p

I think the pork fillet is absolutely fine, but it's ham type products where the problems can lie... I totally agree with you guys ref the additives etc in many low fat products. Actually in most bought products! Dukan does recommend cooking from scratch which most do but I can't see myself making yoghurt any time in the near future alas!

Hang in there x

I think the pork fillet is absolutely fine, but it's ham type products where the problems can lie...

Do you mean because of the salt content and water retention?

but I can't see myself making yoghurt any time in the near future alas!

hear hear!!

Hang in there x

caved! have had half a sausage this morning... may have the other half as well to get it out of the way :eek:

but i am hungry today (after doing my lifting yesterday) - so hope the sausage goes into repairing my torn muscles :p

did i mention its TOTM! :mad:

Hopefully that has killed your sausage cravings :D Stay on track! x

I once got offered a yoghurt maker on freecycle but declined as I knew it would inevitably end up at the back of one of the cupboards :) trying to keep it minimal with "things" this year x

Haha as much as I like the idea of making my own yogurt, I just know it's going to get used a few times and then be put away.

So mixed emotions...

Good (actually great!):

I have had a bunch of clothes stuck in the bottom drawer that I have never worn or worn once or twice and then got too big to get into them... Since starting Dukan I have slowly been working my way through them (dont have just 5 blouses for the week - got so much to choose from!).

Last night I tried on the last lot - all bar one perfect fit :D - they are now being laundered to be put into circulation :D ... this also means that I will soon need to go SHOPPING!!!! I have purchased a couple of jeans and one blouse in the last 6 months and cant wait to buy buy buy :D ... oh and now 22s are way too big, 20s are almost too big and 19s just right!

The second good - everyone is noticing the weight loss now! I mean its embarrassing - I walk out of the office and am being stopped and complimented :eek: - i mean its a great feeling, but getting downright embarrassing :eek:.

Not so great:

Twice now my sister has commented about the fact that I am eating humongous portions and that I will not be able to control myself once off Dukan. I try to explain how I am not going to be done with this journey for at least another 1.5 years and by then I'd have introduced naughty carbs and have learnt and consolidated! But she just wont listen... She has been great with making my dukan meals and trying out sweet recipes, but its so frustrating and disappointing that she has no faith in me... makes me wanna give it all up.

I mean i have never stuck to anything this long - 6 months now. Food exercise and even immediately getting back after a cheat day (where before I would have used cheating as an excuse to fall off the wagon!).

People who know my family have always said that she puts me down all the time, and I agree. Every time I hope that things have changed they don't.

I am a loner, by choice, as I don't like to go clubbing and cant deal with the pressure of having to keep in touch! Recently lost my best friend (because he is an a**hole!) and usually I would turn to him when something like this happened, but now I feel the loss even more.... I read a post yesterday about being single and lonely. Yes I am single and happy about that, but times like this :needhug:.

sorry about the long sad post... don't have anywhere else to vent :cry:

Bonkers I TOTALLY know the feeling, I'm a bit of a loner by choice too, generally the only person who doesn't let me down - is me ;).....feel free to vent on here, we all understand where you're coming from, I've lost count of the people who post on here who have someone lurking in their lives who don't support them or worse yet put them down, try and use it as motivation the "i'll show you" mantra can be a good motivator when times get tough at the gym or with dieting etc. Maybe you could try preparing some of your own food from now on, give her less opportunity to comment or perhaps (and this is the biggie) you could actually tell her you don't find her attitude helpful and if she hasn't got anything supportive to say - well she shouldn't say anything at all...maybe phrased a little more diplomatically...

Honestly these cycles of put downs are no good for your self esteem, they always say we should surround ourselves with people who make us feel good and ignore or stay away from the naysayers...

You're doing brilliantly and as you said yourself Dukan is a journey - if you started to stall then you could get concerned with portion size, until then, keep on at it as you are - take the compliments where they're given and take pride in how well you've done so far, keep your end goal in sight (mini goals along the way) enjoy your shopping trip and keep on being YOU! xx

p.s. Passive aggression is another option, she starts on about it and you just turn off and walk away without saying a word, pretty sure she'd start to pick up on that eventually ;) x

Excellent advice there Sarah... and please never hesitate to vent over here. Most of us have been there and done it in one shape or form over the years. Might your sister be feeling jealous of the newly emerging confident you? Particularly if this is a side of you she hasn't seen for a long time. What sort of size is she?

As Sarah says, if your weight loss starts to stall, then we can look at quantities a little closer and, as you have so rightly said, by the time one's in Conso, it's a totally different experience and new rules to learn and put into practice for us. And yes it's true that many do have trouble stabilising their weight loss later on down the line, but some do... and most of us here are determined one day to be one of those!!

Keep away from those sausages!! If you're hungry, have some chicken... or a boiled egg... don't fancy either? Then you're not hungry (that's a conversation I have sporadically with myself!!)

*hugs* you can vent here whenever you like x

Bonkers I TOTALLY know the feeling, I'm a bit of a loner by choice too, generally the only person who doesn't let me down - is me ;).....

thats exactly what i feel!!!!

Bonkers I TOTALLY know the feeling, I'm a bit of a loner by choice too, generally the only person who doesn't let me down - is me ;).....feel free to vent on here, we all understand where you're coming from, I've lost count of the people who post on here who have someone lurking in their lives who don't support them or worse yet put them down, try and use it as motivation the "i'll show you" mantra can be a good motivator when times get tough at the gym or with dieting etc. Maybe you could try preparing some of your own food from now on, give her less opportunity to comment or perhaps (and this is the biggie) you could actually tell her you don't find her attitude helpful and if she hasn't got anything supportive to say - well she shouldn't say anything at all...maybe phrased a little more diplomatically...

Honestly these cycles of put downs are no good for your self esteem, they always say we should surround ourselves with people who make us feel good and ignore or stay away from the naysayers...

You're doing brilliantly and as you said yourself Dukan is a journey - if you started to stall then you could get concerned with portion size, until then, keep on at it as you are - take the compliments where they're given and take pride in how well you've done so far, keep your end goal in sight (mini goals along the way) enjoy your shopping trip and keep on being YOU! xx

p.s. Passive aggression is another option, she starts on about it and you just turn off and walk away without saying a word, pretty sure she'd start to pick up on that eventually ;) x

on the food front, she hasn't been doing any cooking as she started a new job and now mum does it all. i'd be terrified to do it myself tho - i am horrible in the kitchen (no patience no skill at all!) and will fail!

the thing is, we end up arguing about the issue for a few minutes and then just stop forget about it and get on with the rest of our lives... i don't think she realizes that it stays with me :confused:

she doesn't go on about it... just the two times. and i think it got to me more coz i was feeling sorry for myself that day - TOTM and all!

i do take pride in my achievements (yes they do cook for me but if i didnt wanna eat it, i wouldn't be here today!). and i am looking forward to getting to Dukan TW and then taking it from there.

thank you for listening to me...

Excellent advice there Sarah... and please never hesitate to vent over here. Most of us have been there and done it in one shape or form over the years. Might your sister be feeling jealous of the newly emerging confident you? Particularly if this is a side of you she hasn't seen for a long time. What sort of size is she?

As Sarah says, if your weight loss starts to stall, then we can look at quantities a little closer and, as you have so rightly said, by the time one's in Conso, it's a totally different experience and new rules to learn and put into practice for us. And yes it's true that many do have trouble stabilising their weight loss later on down the line, but some do... and most of us here are determined one day to be one of those!!

Keep away from those sausages!! If you're hungry, have some chicken... or a boiled egg... don't fancy either? Then you're not hungry (that's a conversation I have sporadically with myself!!)

she is in the overweight BMI for her height (approx. 5 feet) wears 10s and 12s most times.

i dont think she jealous as i havent really changed what i do on a day to day basis - except for wearing a different outfit everyday :p. she has always put me down (whether i was at my biggest or smallest - i have never been good enuf for anyone in my family :cry:).

i have learnt to accept that that's the way they are and i usually dont pay any attention to them... reading back on my post i realised i must've been been really low to have even thot about it!

thank you for listening to me and your advise.

oh and on the sausages - i caved... happy to say that it hasnt affected my loss tho :D

so weekly stats update:

-1.1 kg
-1 inch off my waist (wtf!)
-0.5 inch off my hips

i cannot believe another inch dropped off my waist this week! thats 2 in two weeks... i am usually stuck at a waist measurement for a month at a time!

i am now below the 85kg mark and have 7.4kg to get to Dukan TW. dont know what i'll do when i get there :confused: as TW will still leave a lot of flab/fat on me :sigh:

i can fit into some 18s now... so i am going to tick off that milestone as well.

going to get on with work now as we have a very busy month ahead!

hope you guys have a wonderful day and Dukan friendly week xx

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh that's great news!!! Well done!!!

I think you should ignore Dukan's TW and continue if you can. You don't know what your body is capable of unless you try! I've known people who reached their TW and went onto Consol but still lost more. Listen to your body :) As for flab - toning exercise? I tried the 30 day Shred in the past and it's quite effective.

Keep up the good work! It's working and you're going in the right direction x

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh that's great news!!! Well done!!!

I think you should ignore Dukan's TW and continue if you can. You don't know what your body is capable of unless you try! I've known people who reached their TW and went onto Consol but still lost more. Listen to your body :) As for flab - toning exercise? I tried the 30 day Shred in the past and it's quite effective.

Keep up the good work! It's working and you're going in the right direction x

Thanks PogMoma!

I have heard of ppl losing on conso and planning on moving to conso once i get to Dukan TW to see if that happens for me. If it does I will stick to conso till I stop and then go back to cruise??? The thing is I have never been a small person ever! The smallest size I can remember buying is 18! And I'm already fitting into 18s! I even have a size 16 blouse from M&S that I purchased on a whim (and on sale!) 6 years ago and still has the tags on - it now fits!!!!!

So basically, I am smaller than I ever was :eek: - dont even know what weight to aim for... I have update my mini goals to get to Dukan TW and lose 100 lbs as my next targets. But after that... :confused:

As to the flab, I have tried JM Shred - couldnt do it ... found it too repetitive. I am actually strength training now - Chalean Extreme - I do HIIT cardio at the most 3 times a week and that's it! I think thats what helped with my 1inch smaller waist :D

Already have my next routine ready to go - Body Beast! So excited and cant wait to get started ;)

I think it would be easier for you if you stayed on Cruise until you stay the same weight for a few weeks at least. Or maybe even set your target to be in the normal BMI range and see how you feel then. I'd imagine once you're in Conso it will be more difficult to go back to Cruise after introducing new food groups. Just because you've never been smaller than 18 it doesn't mean you have to be forever ;)

Whatever the case, woohoo to fitting into smaller clothes! That's brilliant!

Good luck on the exercise x

I think it would be easier for you if you stayed on Cruise until you stay the same weight for a few weeks at least. Or maybe even set your target to be in the normal BMI range and see how you feel then. I'd imagine once you're in Conso it will be more difficult to go back to Cruise after introducing new food groups. Just because you've never been smaller than 18 it doesn't mean you have to be forever ;)

Whatever the case, woohoo to fitting into smaller clothes! That's brilliant!

Good luck on the exercise x

Thanks Pog!

The move to conso is just a mental thing I think - I need to feel that I have reached an end or will feel frustrated :p.

I am going to continue the journey to where my body feels most comfortable and is happy - I am not fussed about numbers on scale or dress sizes a lot now - its just something to aim for - did that make sense. I am actually enjoying eating good food and lifting heavy and not feeling bloated and sick every morning (coz I stuffed myself on deep fried KFC or something the prev night :D).

I finished week 3 pf Push phase today... looking forward to completing this phase and taking pics - i can feel the difference but hoping to see it soon ...

Thanks Pog!

The move to conso is just a mental thing I think - I need to feel that I have reached an end or will feel frustrated :p.

I am going to continue the journey to where my body feels most comfortable and is happy - I am not fussed about numbers on scale or dress sizes a lot now - its just something to aim for - did that make sense. I am actually enjoying eating good food and lifting heavy and not feeling bloated and sick every morning (coz I stuffed myself on deep fried KFC or something the prev night :D).

I finished week 3 pf Push phase today... looking forward to completing this phase and taking pics - i can feel the difference but hoping to see it soon ...

Hmm I thought I replied to this, obviously not!

I know what you mean about the mental thing. I felt something like that first round of Dukan. I just couldn't shift the last 3kgs and I was getting really fed up with the restrictions so decided to move onto Conso. Bad move for me, I just went mad with the extra food I was allowed! I know better now and I'm taking it one day at a time.

Funny you mention KFC. Last time round that was my go to cheat food - the hot wings. If I couldn't bear the thought of having Dukan food I'd get myself 5 hot wings and have that for a meal telling myself it could have easily been a Zinger Tower Meal lol I haven't had the urge to do that yet but it's early days still :p

I enjoy not feeling bloated as well. I think that's part of what keeps me going.

Are you planning to put up before and after pics? :)

Whatever you decide to do and whenever you decide to stop, you're doing great at the moment so keep going! x

Where I personally do like Dukan's TW, compared to traditional tables you see everywhere else, is that his calculator asks a heck of a lot of questions rather than just the height and build ones. On the French official site at least, way back in my day, it wasn't so much about reaching "target weight" such as you might be thinking about it... it's more a "stabilisable" weight. Many of us who pushed on for a lower than Dukan weight, when feeling supreme in ketosis in cruise, found that such low weight just wasn't a natural one to stabilise.

In any event, a good thing to think about beforehand...
x
PS - your sister could just be a little envious of all the extra attention you're receiving. Things will hopefully settle. I know I had a few pangs when my sister lost loads and started commenting on how she'd overtaken me on the weight loss field!

Back