Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Just catching up :)

Wow the 12s! It's so amazing when you enter a whole new stone bracket isn't it!

How tall are you bonkers? And what weight to you want to reach?

Your doing amazing and you sound so positive, I hope this 10lbs comes off quickly for you (I say 5 weeks max!) you'll be able to go and buy all skinny Minnie summer clothes :) saying that I bet it's hot all year round for you anyway!

Liking the sound of the Dukan/Atkins twist, sounds interesting :) be interesting to know if you continue having good losses even with this twist.

Well this turned into an essay lol xx

Also I've just read you've lost almost 6 stone?! Can I ask was this all on Dukan and when did you start dieting?? Xx

Just catching up :)

Wow the 12s! It's so amazing when you enter a whole new stone bracket isn't it!

How tall are you bonkers? And what weight to you want to reach?

Your doing amazing and you sound so positive, I hope this 10lbs comes off quickly for you (I say 5 weeks max!) you'll be able to go and buy all skinny Minnie summer clothes :) saying that I bet it's hot all year round for you anyway!

Liking the sound of the Dukan/Atkins twist, sounds interesting :) be interesting to know if you continue having good losses even with this twist.

Well this turned into an essay lol xx

Also I've just read you've lost almost 6 stone?! Can I ask was this all on Dukan and when did you start dieting?? Xx

5 feet 2... and according to Dukan calculator my TW is 12.09 stone (converted for you :)).

Clothes will not be skinny minnie - I still have loads of body fat and am a big girl. I may end up fitting into size 16s but doubt I'll go smaller.

As to what weight I want to reach... that's been a big big question and my life has revolved around it recently! :rolleyes: I dont know if I will push myself to go any lower than TW and let my body lose as much as it wants while staying on plan... I have put a mini goal of losing 100 lbs (which is 7 more than TW) but dont know if I will ever bother doing it... Its all just numbers - never ever seen a small me!

The lowest I have ever seen on a scale was 65kg when I was a junior in college and swimming and playing tennis everyday! Don know what size I was coz I was having too much fun playing to care about clothes :p.

And yes, almost 6 stone and all Dukan.

Started 25 Aug 2013, 5 day attack and then cruise for 6 and something months. I think I averaged about a stone a month till I hit 5 stone and then it slowed down - the sixth stone taking me two months...

Exercising after two weeks on Dukan and haven't stopped since. I have had my planned cheat days (never just a meal :p). But this is the only plan I have been able to just get back on track immediately with no regrets!

5 feet 2... and according to Dukan calculator my TW is 12.09 stone (converted for you :)). Clothes will not be skinny minnie - I still have loads of body fat and am a big girl. I may end up fitting into size 16s but doubt I'll go smaller. As to what weight I want to reach... that's been a big big question and my life has revolved around it recently! :rolleyes: I dont know if I will push myself to go any lower than TW and let my body lose as much as it wants while staying on plan... I have put a mini goal of losing 100 lbs (which is 7 more than TW) but dont know if I will ever bother doing it... Its all just numbers - never ever seen a small me! The lowest I have ever seen on a scale was 65kg when I was a junior in college and swimming and playing tennis everyday! Don know what size I was coz I was having too much fun playing to care about clothes :p. And yes, almost 6 stone and all Dukan. Started 25 Aug 2013, 5 day attack and then cruise for 6 and something months. I think I averaged about a stone a month till I hit 5 stone and then it slowed down - the sixth stone taking me two months... Exercising after two weeks on Dukan and haven't stopped since. I have had my planned cheat days (never just a meal :p). But this is the only plan I have been able to just get back on track immediately with no regrets!

Haha thanks for the conversion ;)

I don't think numbers matter either, it's how you feel that matters, I think you'll know when you reach the weight your happy with, then it's just the task of maintaining!

Wow 6 stone is amazing that's like losing a whole 13 year old child lol! I bet you feel so much better for it! And having the determination to exercise is amazing too, that should play a big part in you maintaining after Dukan :) xx

BYE BYE 13 STONES!!! Woohoo! What a great loss this week too!

I'm taking notes down now, more fish, some fat. I'll try that if my loss stalls. At the moment my body seems to like steak for losing. Weird.

I'm glad that you're happy and feeling positive :) Keep up the good work x

Oh - I am in the 12 stone bracket now! Bye bye forever 13 stones ... Hello 12!

And hopefully next week I'll be saying - 6 stone gone forever :D - cant wait!!!

Words honestly can't express how happy I am for you.... And how proud I am of you. Well done my friend on hitting the 12s xxxxxx

Haha thanks for the conversion ;)

I don't think numbers matter either, it's how you feel that matters, I think you'll know when you reach the weight your happy with, then it's just the task of maintaining!

Wow 6 stone is amazing that's like losing a whole 13 year old child lol! I bet you feel so much better for it! And having the determination to exercise is amazing too, that should play a big part in you maintaining after Dukan :) xx

Thanks Leah!

When I lost my biggest cat in weight (10kg) I used to pick him up and stand on the scale just for a laugh! Then picking up suitcases and realizing that they weighed less than I lost!

Dont know y i put that down, but that's what crossed my mind when I read your post :p

Gonna go catch up on your life in a bit...

BYE BYE 13 STONES!!! Woohoo! What a great loss this week too!

I'm taking notes down now, more fish, some fat. I'll try that if my loss stalls. At the moment my body seems to like steak for losing. Weird.

I'm glad that you're happy and feeling positive :) Keep up the good work x

Thanks Pog :)

I used to be terrified of changing the type of food (buying the fattier cut of meat or the light dairy not skimmed or fat freee!). Now I know that I have to learn what my body likes and doesnt like.

Last week was an experiment with the corned beef and fat :p (fish I wasnt concerned about). This week is another round of that to make sure last week wasnt a fluke.

I know I'm no longer following Dukan 100% (with regard to the low fat requirements), but I am determined to get through cruise and conso (even with the mods) as Dukan is going to be my way of eating for the rest of my life!

And in conso with the bread and rice ... Going to be upping the workouts in conso so hoping that the increased carb intake actually has a positive impact on muscle gain :rolleyes:

Words honestly can't express how happy I am for you.... And how proud I am of you. Well done my friend on hitting the 12s xxxxxx

:thankyou:

For 5 months now we have battled together... Thank you for your support Beverly :lilkiss: (that was the closest emoticon I could find to express my feelings.. pretend I'm giving you a hug and a kiss :p)

I'm leaning towards more not non-fat stuff especially dairy and not bothering to trim fat off steaks etc too. I think our bodies need some fat to some extent. Especially with dairy when low fat ones look like they have higher carbs then full fat ones. I do concentrate on the protein content tho rather than fat/carbs. This is a protein based diet after all :)

Wow Bonkers you really are on a roll there... amazing! I think most of us have more fat than he originally indicated anyway but it's interesting to see your results after a pretty high fat week (not sure about the corned beef though, ewwww!!)...

I do eat a lot of fish and seafood... the one thing I cut out recently, as I noticed my loss slowing, was ham... I never did like packet salty watery ham, but I was having some cut off the bone and loved it. I cut that out and my weight loss improved. Coincidence?

You will know when you're there. The website target weight for you is quite "high", but I expect that's because of the responses you gave to the questions. Once you've stabilised your huge loss, with all the exercise you're doing and new food habits, you'll probably lose more naturally. You're doing amazingly well!

I'm leaning towards more not non-fat stuff especially dairy and not bothering to trim fat off steaks etc too. I think our bodies need some fat to some extent. Especially with dairy when low fat ones look like they have higher carbs then full fat ones. I do concentrate on the protein content tho rather than fat/carbs. This is a protein based diet after all :)

I know right? I realized that very early with skimmed milk... but was then sticking 100% to plan.

Altho I am eating higher fat, I am very wary of carbs. Its the high fat high carb combination that messes the system up. But yes, consciously make the effort to get in more protein than veggies on my PV days!

Wow Bonkers you really are on a roll there... amazing! I think most of us have more fat than he originally indicated anyway but it's interesting to see your results after a pretty high fat week (not sure about the corned beef though, ewwww!!)...

I do eat a lot of fish and seafood... the one thing I cut out recently, as I noticed my loss slowing, was ham... I never did like packet salty watery ham, but I was having some cut off the bone and loved it. I cut that out and my weight loss improved. Coincidence?

You will know when you're there. The website target weight for you is quite "high", but I expect that's because of the responses you gave to the questions. Once you've stabilised your huge loss, with all the exercise you're doing and new food habits, you'll probably lose more naturally. You're doing amazingly well!

hahahaha! I love corned beef... just chopped onions and chilies and delish!

I remember you giving up ham and pancakes and saw bigger loss that week. here we only get prepackaged :rolleyes:!

the question that threw me was "your average weight" - your weight when not dieting or exercising... what does this even mean? If I'm not dieting or exercising my average weight is my maximum weight :confused:.

thanks for the kind words Jo xx

Agree with you on the carbs/fat content Bonkers.. I'm more concerned with keeping the calories and carbs to a good level and I allow about 90 carbs at the most per day which is according to stats the correct amount for my age.
Can't bare skimmed milk but do have the semi-skimmed.

hahahaha! my entire family says the same... mum rather not have any coffee or tea than add skimmed milk.

I just remembered something while replying to Sona...

According to my calendar TOTM due next week. Now women complain about pre TOTM bloat and honestly I have never felt it.

Till this week!!!! Mon evening I felt fatter... Looked at myself in the mirror and thot, hmmm, what did you eat today? tummy sticking out more than normal...

It took me a whole day to figure out it must be bloat coz of TOTM!

Funny how its pre-TOTM and I'm actually feeling good :D

Love corned beef sandwiches with tomato ketchup! Have you heard of something called corned beef hash?? Not sure if that's a delicacy in Dubai lol xx

I just remembered something while replying to Sona...

According to my calendar TOTM due next week. Now women complain about pre TOTM bloat and honestly I have never felt it.

Till this week!!!! Mon evening I felt fatter... Looked at myself in the mirror and thot, hmmm, what did you eat today? tummy sticking out more than normal...

It took me a whole day to figure out it must be bloat coz of TOTM!

Funny how its pre-TOTM and I'm actually feeling good :D

Oohh that's interesting. Side effects of losing weight?? :p Glad you're feeling good tho. My body feels so heavy and sluggish when it's TOTM. Bleurgh!

Back