Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

They're both low carb... my simplified versions;

Dukan - high protein, low carb, low fat, milk allowed
Atkins - high protein, low carb, high fat, no milk allowed

I just want bread gawddammit!

Lovely to read you and I completely understand your decision. Moving onto something such as you describe will remotivate you also whereas perhaps you were flagging a little in the home straight, without seeing the results you deserved, and you were at risk potentially of saying "oh blow it" one day. This should see you through to stabilising your loss.

Do you use My Fitness Pal? It's a bit of a faff initially inputting all the foods (and having to weigh things to be accurate), but after a while it becomes second nature, and I copy meals though the week etc etc. By clicking on "nutrition" it then tells you where you are on the old carbs, vitamins etc (once you set it up) and it's amazing how high those go just with veg, salad and the odd fruit... let alone adding flours and flaxseeds! If you sign up, please message me on here, and we can be "friends" on it and help each other out! I'd be delighted to see what you're eating!!

x

They're both low carb... my simplified versions;

Dukan - high protein, low carb, low fat, milk allowed
Atkins - high protein, low carb, high fat, no milk allowed

I just want bread gawddammit!

Did I help you fall into the daily bread you now having??? :p

Lovely to read you and I completely understand your decision. Moving onto something such as you describe will remotivate you also whereas perhaps you were flagging a little in the home straight, without seeing the results you deserved, and you were at risk potentially of saying "oh blow it" one day. This should see you through to stabilising your loss.

Do you use My Fitness Pal? It's a bit of a faff initially inputting all the foods (and having to weigh things to be accurate), but after a while it becomes second nature, and I copy meals though the week etc etc. By clicking on "nutrition" it then tells you where you are on the old carbs, vitamins etc (once you set it up) and it's amazing how high those go just with veg, salad and the odd fruit... let alone adding flours and flaxseeds! If you sign up, please message me on here, and we can be "friends" on it and help each other out! I'd be delighted to see what you're eating!!

x

Thanks Jo.

It's all in my head! I just needed an end to this phase... Didn't even think about possibly giving up - that's a good point and another pro to moving on :D.

I do use mfp but all guesstimates on quantities - I dont weigh anything! I am horrible at that (that's why Dukan worked for me :p).

I would be terrified to share my diary with you - the judgments :p !! What is your username? I am bonkersbb...

My plan is (as I am no longer going to worry about the scale) I am looking at a more bodybuilding type approach to fat loss (if it ever happens!). The workouts are going to be heavy strength training and max 2 days HIIT per week. But the diet is going to be all Dukan Conso! In the beginning will continue with the guesstimates on mfp to track nutrition, but will revise my plan depending on how I progress :confused: - not ready to take that step yet :eek:

Still haven't weighed myself but took measurements on Fri as the end of round 1 of Chalean Extreme.

Bit disappointing... no changes anywhere! Biceps, neck, chest, thighs - all the same! Lost .5 inch off my hips but that's nothing to write home about!

The Lean phase is where most people saw the most changes and drop on the scale... but that didn't happen to me - lost only 1.8 kg (as per the last WI)!

Not going to let it worry me as I am moving on to Round 2 next week and going to kill it this time!

In other news... met an old college friend over the weekend. He had a pic of us when we were in school together. I could not believe that I ever looked like that... forgetting the silly hair - I was sooooo skinny! I kept showing it to mum and sis and saying "how dare you called me fat!"

It really brings to mind how silly remarks can completely s**** with your perception of your own self! And in those days I used to get told by my father "you will never have a boyfriend". And you know what - I didnt! I didnt coz I had no confidence. But I did "have" boys! And that didnt help any!

On a happier note - I am looking forward to WI and starting conso on the 20th! Already planning my fruits for the week! Didnt think I'd be this excited about fruits! Oh and bread... bread, bread, bread!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!! xx

I forgot to mention... had a planned "cheat meal" Sat night. Normally would have been a cheat DAY but was very good the whole day and enjoyed a wonderful meal Sat night!

My favorite restaurant and I don't regret it one bit! (Hope I remember these words come Sat and no loss :rolleyes:!).

But one odd thing happened (or rather didn't). Normally after a meal off-plan, movement is hastened and easy, i.e. none of this :sick0019:.

However, that didn't happen this time! I don't know why... I ate so much! And I haven't been yet... Any thots? I have googled it but not found any similar cases :confused:.

Its TOTM this week... could that be a reason??/

Ohhh so much news :D I bet you can't wait till Conso. I'm excited for you!

Remember - you're getting stronger and fitter, weight and size will catch up eventually. Keep up the good work!

Well done for having just a cheat meal. Sounds like your head is in the right place. Hmm maybe your body needed the stuff you ate so it's taking its time working its way through your system? I'm talking rubbish here :p but maybe, plus TOTM.

Whatever the case you're doing so well :) x

Ohhh so much news :D I bet you can't wait till Conso. I'm excited for you!

Remember - you're getting stronger and fitter, weight and size will catch up eventually. Keep up the good work!

Well done for having just a cheat meal. Sounds like your head is in the right place. Hmm maybe your body needed the stuff you ate so it's taking its time working its way through your system? I'm talking rubbish here :p but maybe, plus TOTM.

Whatever the case you're doing so well :) x

Thanks Pog! (still no movement :mad:. its a PV day today so hoping that has some effect - if not its Dulcolax time tonight :p).

I've gotten a bit manic with logging food into mfp. Last night I sat for two whole hours fiddling with food for today just to hit my protein macro!

I am not bothering with counting calories as I am not convinced that it matters (yet). But I am trying to hit the protein macros that IIFYM calculated for me. - This is a website I found on another forum on body building (which is what I am going to be concentrating on in the Conso phase). And despite saying that I do not weigh my food - I did yesterday!!!! I think this may become an obsession :sigh:!

Enjoying reading you. To be honest, without weighing things at least initially, it's hard to rely on guesstimates. Sometimes I'm way out when I guess then actually put things on the scales. Good luck on the scales. X

Me again - on my phone last night was far too brief and curt!! Hello!! I meant to say that MY guestimations were often wildly out. In M&S the other evening (yes we have some again here yippeee!), I picked up a 70g pot of nuts. No salt or anything - plain brazils, cashew, hazelnuts and almonds. 646 cals for 100g. I'm carefully weighing out 10g per night haaa! Else the pot would have been long gone!!
MFP is probably easier for someone like me who repeats meals regularly as it's easy to copy them!

Enjoying reading you. To be honest, without weighing things at least initially, it's hard to rely on guesstimates. Sometimes I'm way out when I guess then actually put things on the scales. Good luck on the scales. X

Me again - on my phone last night was far too brief and curt!! Hello!! I meant to say that MY guestimations were often wildly out. In M&S the other evening (yes we have some again here yippeee!), I picked up a 70g pot of nuts. No salt or anything - plain brazils, cashew, hazelnuts and almonds. 646 cals for 100g. I'm carefully weighing out 10g per night haaa! Else the pot would have been long gone!!
MFP is probably easier for someone like me who repeats meals regularly as it's easy to copy them!

Not curt at all... got your MFP request and confirmed... will msg you later. been crazy busy at work :(

A quick update - busy busy busy at work!

After 2 weeks (or 10 days) of no dairy and no scales - weighed in on Sat 19 April - lost 1.2 kg.

Moved to Conso Sun 20 Apr. So far only increased oat bran and having fruit daily. Not yet taken the plunge with bread. But I am enjoying eating "normally" coz every day is a PV day!!!! (except yest was my weekly PP :p).

Moved WI to Thurs as plan to have celebration meal and starch allowance over the weekend.

This morning WI - and I'm down another 800gms!!!! :woohoo:

My body is loving the fruit! :p

Off now and will catch up with all next week!

Hello there my lovely... congratulations on moving to Conso (but why have you increased your oatbran???)
x

Yay!!! Consolidation!!! And you're still losing - it's great! :D x

Hello there my lovely... congratulations on moving to Conso (but why have you increased your oatbran???)
x

I felt like picking the Dukan book up at hitting myself on the head when I read this!!

Last week I quickly googled the allowed foods on Conso and a load of threads came up with 2.5 to 3 tbsp oat bran. Majority said 3! After reading your message I pulled out the book and bloody hell - its still 2!!!

I'm so silly for not picking the book up in the first place! :mad:

Its still busy in the office but had a few free minutes so thought I'd catch up.

Other than the silly oat bran mistake (see above) I have been doing fairly well with food. Eating veggies everyday feels so good!

But I have noticed that on some days I cannot even eat my fruit! Or if I do I end up skipping a meal or snack coz I'm full! I had to force myself to eat my oat bran yesterday - and I hadnt even eaten my fruit allowance!

On Thursday I had a 6" sub for lunch. No dressing just meat, cheese and veggies on wheat. I know that was stretching the bread allowance for the day but I soooo enjoyed it :D.

Then in the evening that day I had an Indian takeaway - curry and naan .... oooooo! It was delicious but my stomach is still making funny sounds :eek:.

I need to make a conscious effort to start eating my bread daily - other than the sub I haven't had any! And I was looking forward to Conso because of the bread :sigh:.

Anyway... off to nosey around and say hi to a couple of new starters I noticed.

Hope all you guys are doing good xx

I felt like picking the Dukan book up at hitting myself on the head when I read this!!

Last week I quickly googled the allowed foods on Conso and a load of threads came up with 2.5 to 3 tbsp oat bran. Majority said 3! After reading your message I pulled out the book and bloody hell - its still 2!!!

I'm so silly for not picking the book up in the first place! :mad:

I picked up the book and still am still bewildered! My tablespoon and a half comes out at 12g (i pointed at my cereal and yelled at my DH "look at THIS, what is THIIISSS!!! Thats NOTHING" ) Then i read somewhere that Dr Dukan counts 1 tbspn as 15g sooooo much happier now. I'm sure the extra bran didn't hurt!!

On Thursday I had a 6" sub for lunch. No dressing just meat, cheese and veggies on wheat. I know that was stretching the bread allowance for the day but I soooo enjoyed it :D.

Then in the evening that day I had an Indian takeaway - curry and naan .... oooooo! It was delicious but my stomach is still making funny sounds :eek:.

Indian takeaway :cry::cry::cry: I want an indian takeaway, y'know what veggie food, seriously the big thing I crave at the moment is rice and channa dhal. You're doing great on conso!! I'd be interested to see how the increase in carbs goes for you? I'm rubbish, I eat carbs and thats it I go mental, envious of everyone who seems to do fine with adding them back in. I love bread.

Back