very disheartened...

kaz3804

Silver Member
I only started my sw journey 7 weeks a go and so far have lost 17lbs of the 6 stone I need to loose! I was so happy! But after a week of trying super hard, success Express eatring and started my couch to 5k training (5 sessions in one week). Really worked hard, really wanted a good loss to keep the ball rolling and hit mini targets I've set myself. But today at WI I sts. Not even 1/2lb off! I'm totally gutted. Now I'm not giving up on either sw or couch to 5k just yet cause I feel so much better now I'm loosing weight and starting to get fitter. But it really feels like a kick in teeth this week. can anyone offer some advise on how to kick up the weight loss cause let's face it its the number on scales each week that count to me at the minute!

Just carry on as your are because the following week you might get a nice loss. Whenever i sts i usually make up for it the week after as sometimes your body needs to catch up and also sometimes exercise can initially stall weightloss and it picks up again the following week x

Sometimes we just dont get the result we are looking for even though we have been 100%. It could be that the combination of success express and exercise just meant you were not taking in enough calories, maybe you were not drinking enough or there may be no reason at all. Just stick with it and focus on those non-scale victories :)

Kaz, whenever I start exercising, especially running it takes 4 weeks to see a loss on the scale, either STS or small gain,

do some measurements of yourself, bust, waist, underbust, hips, thighs now then again in a month, you will see a change

well done for getting started, I know its tough especially when you're trying so hard

Keep going and you WILL see the fruits of your labours

Thanks so much everyone! It's just tough not seeing the results straight away! But my running gear is set out ready for morning! Bring it on I WILL do this I will loose my lbs!

Glad to see you haven't given up, I know how you feel I had a STS as well today after a great week (also a runner) and I'm still gutted but know that I just need to stick at it and my results will show.

I only started my sw journey 7 weeks a go and so far have lost 17lbs of the 6 stone I need to loose! I was so happy! But after a week of trying super hard, success Express eatring and started my couch to 5k training (5 sessions in one week). Really worked hard, really wanted a good loss to keep the ball rolling and hit mini targets I've set myself. But today at WI I sts. Not even 1/2lb off! I'm totally gutted. Now I'm not giving up on either sw or couch to 5k just yet cause I feel so much better now I'm loosing weight and starting to get fitter. But it really feels like a kick in teeth this week. can anyone offer some advise on how to kick up the weight loss cause let's face it its the number on scales each week that count to me at the minute!

Re: C25k, you *must* leave a day between runs. I completed C25K, was ill and came back to running. My first run back after a couple of months was great, so i thought i would run again the next day.

I hurt my knee, i havent been able to run since new years...

PS.
Dont be disheartened. You are still losing fat, its just your body readjusting to using muscles in ways it hasnt in the past, your body will be retaining fluid to repair itself.

Re: C25k, you *must* leave a day between runs. I completed C25K, was ill and came back to running. My first run back after a couple of months was great, so i thought i would run again the next day.

I hurt my knee, i havent been able to run since new years...

PS.
Dont be disheartened. You are still losing fat, its just your body readjusting to using muscles in ways it hasnt in the past, your body will be retaining fluid to repair itself.

Thank you for your advise! Very new to this running thing! I really hope ur knee improves soon! Last week I just went as and when I could! This week I'm a bit more organised and have planned to leave a day invetween on ur advice thank you! It's just a shame my bodyt seems to work against me when it comes to the scales! But i'll see benefit soon .... I hope! I'm very lucky to have a very supportive husband who spent last night reminding me of how far I've come! I can't give up now!

Hi - is it just cardio you are doing? Try and incorporate some strength training - that way you won't lose muscle. Might not help initially on the scales but it will help you keep the weight off in the long run

Back