Very low fat products

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Does anyone else have trouble finding very low fat yoghurt, fromage frais or cottage cheese in their supermarket? I'm having to syn practically everything because no shops round here stock the very low fat stuff :(

Not sure where you are looking but I'm in Edinburgh and Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda all have them :confused:

Usually their own brand varieties Asda Good for You, Tesco Light Choices and Sainsbury Be Good To Youself. I shop in Asda and get their natural yoghurt, cottage cheese and fromage frais.

Beaten to it - was just going to say Asda are very good for all of those!
(I'm also glad Edinburgh is as we may be moving there next year!)
C xx

Most low fat yogurts such as Activia fat free, muller lights, shape etc are free
Tesco light choices cottage cheese and fromage frais are free.
It doesn't have to say VERY low fat just low fat.

tesco shopper here! the healthy living changing to light choices confused me at first LOL

So the natural fromage frais in Asda is free? I go to the Asda at the Jewel & can only get that kind of fromage frais there, no low fat yoghurts only natural, and no cottage cheese at all! I got my cottage cheese out of Morrisons, can't remember if it's low fat or not but it's the only one I could find. I might drive out to the other Asda's and see what they have, or even the Morrisons at the other end of town (near Davidson's Mains?)

Yes the Asda Good for You Fromage Frais is syn free. Also the GFY cottage cheese. I get this at the Jewel so maybe you were just looking in the wrong place? They also do GFY natural yoghurt or as mentioned all the flavoured yoghurts that are syn free.

HTH :)

yes I have major problems getting any of the frmage frais products too. I have driven around tesco and asda, 30 miles to each and they just dont have them anymore. Not here anyway. And i cant get banana and custard mullers in either anymore too. Its a right pain in the a$$ I can tell you. Only other thing is to drive to the nearest Sainsburys and try in there, its my last hope. We dont have Morrisons here and the Co-Op is worse than useless, cant even get the full fat stuff in there. LOL

Thanks Circes. I'll be back at Asda next week so will have another look around. My bf was rushing me a bit so I might've missed the cottage cheese section!

Good to know the fromage frais is free, it's lovely :)

I've found that places I used to go to have got rid of their 'fat free' stuff and replaced it with 'reduced fat' - Which isn't free - BOO!

I think it's because there are now new policies with the government and companies saying fat free when they aren't really, and some supermarkets are playing it safe by just getting rid or reducing the amount of these items they sell.

Or something! :D

Back