Puddings VERY Low-Syn Cinder Toffee

elissa_and_neil

Ingredients:

2 dried egg whites (fresh don't give the same crunchy texture)

1/2 cup splenda

1 tsp vanilla flavouring

1 sachet toffee options (2 syns on all plans)

Method:

Preheat oven to 150c and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper.

Make up the dried egg with water according to packet instructions.

In a glass or metal bowl (plastic stops the egg fluffing up as much) beat the whites with splenda until almost stiff peaks. Sprinkle in the toffee options, beating until stiff and glossy.

Careful not to over beat!

Drop spoonfuls onto the baking sheets, place in the oven and immediately reduce heat to 140c. Don't open door while cooking, they'll sink.

Cook for 30 minutes, turn oven off and leave them in with door closed to cool for 2-4 hours. They should be nice and crisp, if they are still soft in centre, turn them over and bake at 110c for another ten minutes.

The texture isn't quite the same as cinder toffee but the taste is yummy!

Where can you buy dry egg whites?

I got mine from sainsburys with the baking ingredients next to gelatine and bicarb of soda etc. I got the Dr Oetker brand, very cheap as I recall, about 70p.

I'm sure other shops do it as well. :)

Thank you! I really like the sound of this recipe, espeically as it doesnt include raw egg whites which i wont eat. Could you possibly post a picture?

I ran out of toffee options after making my last batch but I'll certainly post a picture next week after I do my big shop. I plan to make a whole load more when I get hold of some options!

oooh like the look of this will have to try it. x

Back