Very new to all this

TanithRose

Hi there,

I am new to this whole concept, buy would love to give it a go.

I want to lose 2 stone but travel with work all the time, staying in B&Bs and have a tendency to comfort eat when tired, cold or ill. Obviously Christmas is a rubbish time to start trying to lose weight again but I don't want to start next year all down and uncomfortable in my body so want to keep up weight damage control :)

Any tips or advise about good comfort foods and Christmas weight control advice would be really welcome.

Cheers!

Tanith

Thank you! Hopefully it will work. It seems a really supportive sight. How long have you been on here? How have you found it? Have you got a particular goal, or do you just fancy losing some weight?

Hi and :welcome2:

You're right about Christmas being a difficult time for starting a weight loss plan but many people do. Probably many more will start in the New Year too as part of the ritualistic New Year Resolutions... :D I say if you find a good thing then why wait...start now!

Take a look at the Slimming World groups on here. You'll find lots of food diaries, recipes and other suggestions as well as encouragement, motivation and support. There's even a few threads with Christmas food suggestions...I couldn't believe half of the stuff you can eat...all healthy which contribute to weight loss.

Before I started on the SW Extra Easy plan I could never believe I could eat what I like and in the amounts I wanted and still lose weight but it's true. I've yet to try some of the delicious recipes. When you see recipes for chicken curry, SW KFC, cheesecakes etc...why you wouldn't even think you're on a diet. I certainly don't feel like I am! :p

Good luck on your weight loss journey. Keep us informed how you're getting on. :)

Back