very strange goings on!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by HayleeJ, 8 March 2010 Social URL.

1. HayleeJ

HayleeJ Full Member

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I couldnt resist weighing myself the other day and I had lost 11lbs!!! I had a rough day then and picked (it was my boyfriends birthday)
    I weighed two days after and i had put on 10lbs!!! :confused: I mean how is this possible?! I thought you had to eat like 3000 calories to put on 1lb which I totally hadn't done so it makes no sence whatsoever!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Had you drunken your weight in fluids LOL ? That can do it!

4. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    hiya, it's all to do with glycogen. I'm not sure of the science behind it but basically when we start cd our bodies have to use up all stores of recently eaten food and glycogen before we start fat burning. in the first week of cd we usually have big losses, 3-4 lbs of this is usually glygogen and water. once you eat 'normal food' again you may experience a small weight gain due to your body storing up glycogen again. it will aldo retain a little water. it's nothing to worry about as it's not actually 'fat' and it will come off again once you either get back to healthy eating or back onto cd xxxxx sorry if there are lots of spelling mistakes- I'm doing this from my iPhone which I find hard to type on! xxxx
    good luck and keep going

5. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Plus 1 pint of water equals 1lb in weight !

6. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Yhe, don't worry, it is not FAT, and it's only FAT that we are trying to lose! That's why your clothes and not the scales are the best measurement of success x

7. franbella21

franbella21 minimims stalker

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(13.67%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    wow how confusing?? pint of water = lb of fat? really im confused as to how all this works lol.if you have lost 11lbs well done you!! :)

8. determinator

determinator Banned

yeah carbs give you glycogen , and for each 1 lb of glycogen you store , you retain 4 lb of water .. so i am guessing that in the next few days you will loose most of what you have gained ... and make sure you drink lots :)

9. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I know a pint of water drunk..makes you about a pound and a bit heavier on the scales lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.