Very strange problem.....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Chebs, 2 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Chebs

Chebs Wants a pie

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hello! I started CD on 8th April and weighed in at 15.8. My councillor comes every 4 weeks ( he's a mobile one god bless 'im! :0) ) so I've had 2 weigh ins. My last one was yesterday ( Saturday ) and I weighed in at 12 8! Amazing - 3 stones in 8 weeks!! :D:D:eek:

I have a little problem though and wanted to see if anyone else has experience of it. I've been SS-ing since day one, but around my totm I move up to SS + and add a small meal of chicken and broccolli because I really need the energy ( have gynae problems ). The problem I have is that I seem to lose a more significant amount of weight when I am SS + ing. Is that strange? When I SS I seem to plateau for days, then lose 4 or 5 pounds in one go, but when I add a meal I seem to have a constant and quite dramatic weight loss. My councillor cannot explain it, because you would think that the less calories you eat, the more you would lose, but I swear it makes a really big difference to the scales and now I don't know whether to keep it as it is and only use the meal when desperately needed, or add a meal every day and see if it speeds things up! I don't have a problem with the SS plan at all, mainly because I never feel hungry and I don't want to eat for the sake of it ( and I am very strange in the fact that I love all the flavours and don't feel deprived of anything at all because they are so varied... ) but I was beginning to think that it has something to do with my metabolism................mmmmmmmm...........very curious. Am I very strange or does someone out there relate to what I am saying? :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hazel

Hazel Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    wow. I've no idea why that is - maybe the extra intake does speed up your metabolism for some reason.. but 3 stones in 8 weeks - that's amazing! :eek:welldone!!

4. silvercb67

silvercb67 Full Member

You are probably tricking your body by adding a meal once in awhile.This will help for plato's. You are doing fantastic! I don't think you would want to lose any faster than what you already are. Make sence?

5. Chebs

Chebs Wants a pie

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    [ I don't think you would want to lose any faster than what you already are. Make sence?[/quote]

You know what, a small part of me was thinking that - I'm lucky because the dreaded skin hangy thing seems to have sorted itself out now - was terrible to begin with but I think the 5 litres of water a day helps with that and now I have a slight sag to my arms boobs and belly that exercise and toning will get rid of. If I lose too quickly I will end up looking like a deflated balloon! :0):D

I put some photos up to prove that I'm not lying he he he...........and silver you're not doing too badly yourself! :D

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

looked at your photos - you have done so well. congratulations. Yep, I agree, you will be tricking your body and it will be affecting how it uses its resources etc. Lucky you!

7. Chebs

Chebs Wants a pie

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Jeepers! I've just looked at your photos - look at you!!!!!! You have done amazingly.......I hope to be like you one day :0)

It's funny - I cut my hair really short and dyed it like yours the minute I felt better about myself......the way this is going I could have a candy floss pink buzz cut in about a month :0)

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Do you mean me? Your photos are fab - you are already like me (if not better!)

9. Chebs

Chebs Wants a pie

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Yep, dancing, I meant you...:D

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, you look really really good. I am my own worst enemy at the moment - I find it hard to appreciate just how much I have lost and get very frustrated at the wobbly bits still there. I am impatient! Then I look at photos like yours and realise that the end is near and pretty soon the wobbly bits will be banished forever. And looking at the fat photos of myself every day sort of helps :eek:

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ahhh but I have loads of wobbly bits too and I have more to lose - I know it doesn't show in those piccies (except maybe on my arms) but 1) I'm 1 stone heavier than in the smaller piccies as I had a bad binge a few weeks ago and 2) If I were to post a close up of me naked you would see that I truly do have at least 2 stone more to lose (and anyway, I'm still in the "overweight" BMI - not that BMI is everything but you know what I mean. I think most of us are our own worst critics. I seriously think you look great - I don't see your wobbly bits. We know ours are there and so we focus on them I guess.

Anyway, we WILL get there. :) and I want to see your pink hair when you do.

11. Lisa Bigger Bum

Lisa Bigger Bum Full Member

I think you have done so incredibly well, I guess it sometimes takes a while for the brain to catch up with the body and realise the amazing weight loss you have had. Do you sometimes see yourself in a mirror and think woah! whos that? lol You will soon be able to see what we can.

You are an inspiration so thank you

12. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've no answer re your query about SS+ but can i just say OMG you look amazing!!!! You've done fantastically well and trust me, it shows x

13. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Just want to reitterate everyone else's comments. You are looking fabulous.
    I started on the 7th April on SS and only wish i'd had the same success as you.
    Congratulations.

14. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Well done you have done Fabulous Girl!Running after those kids probably helps!

15. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

Wow Mega Congratulations! X

16. diddy

diddy Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    wow...ive just looked at your pics...that is an amazing weightloss and you look soo much more happy....youre an inspiration to us all...

Diddy x

17. Chebs

Chebs Wants a pie

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Ahh thanks..........I just can't believe I didn't do this diet years ago. I tried and failed at so many others and for years I felt so so bad about myself.....and yes, it has been a sacrifice, but what is a few months in a life that hopefully will be around for tens of years? A tiny little speck. And all my favourite restaurants will still be there when I am finished so I can wait to treat myself......

It's been such an inspiration looking at profiles on here of people that were in the same place as me and got to where they want to be.......and I want to be one of those people soon! :0)

Good luck to all of you and thanks so much for all the kind words. :eek:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Chebs

Chebs Wants a pie

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Susan, you're an SE girl like me! :)

20. Aunt Bam

Aunt Bam Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(14.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your looking great, well done.

21. stoshy

stoshy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    CD/ Exante
    one word..................insperational

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.