Very strange problem.....

Chebs

Wants a pie
Hello! I started CD on 8th April and weighed in at 15.8. My councillor comes every 4 weeks ( he's a mobile one god bless 'im! :0) ) so I've had 2 weigh ins. My last one was yesterday ( Saturday ) and I weighed in at 12 8! Amazing - 3 stones in 8 weeks!! :D:D:eek:

I have a little problem though and wanted to see if anyone else has experience of it. I've been SS-ing since day one, but around my totm I move up to SS + and add a small meal of chicken and broccolli because I really need the energy ( have gynae problems ). The problem I have is that I seem to lose a more significant amount of weight when I am SS + ing. Is that strange? When I SS I seem to plateau for days, then lose 4 or 5 pounds in one go, but when I add a meal I seem to have a constant and quite dramatic weight loss. My councillor cannot explain it, because you would think that the less calories you eat, the more you would lose, but I swear it makes a really big difference to the scales and now I don't know whether to keep it as it is and only use the meal when desperately needed, or add a meal every day and see if it speeds things up! I don't have a problem with the SS plan at all, mainly because I never feel hungry and I don't want to eat for the sake of it ( and I am very strange in the fact that I love all the flavours and don't feel deprived of anything at all because they are so varied... ) but I was beginning to think that it has something to do with my metabolism................mmmmmmmm...........very curious. Am I very strange or does someone out there relate to what I am saying? :D

wow. I've no idea why that is - maybe the extra intake does speed up your metabolism for some reason.. but 3 stones in 8 weeks - that's amazing! :eek:welldone!!

You are probably tricking your body by adding a meal once in awhile.This will help for plato's. You are doing fantastic! I don't think you would want to lose any faster than what you already are. Make sence?

[ I don't think you would want to lose any faster than what you already are. Make sence?[/quote]

You know what, a small part of me was thinking that - I'm lucky because the dreaded skin hangy thing seems to have sorted itself out now - was terrible to begin with but I think the 5 litres of water a day helps with that and now I have a slight sag to my arms boobs and belly that exercise and toning will get rid of. If I lose too quickly I will end up looking like a deflated balloon! :0):D

I put some photos up to prove that I'm not lying he he he...........and silver you're not doing too badly yourself! :D

Jeepers! I've just looked at your photos - look at you!!!!!! You have done amazingly.......I hope to be like you one day :0)

It's funny - I cut my hair really short and dyed it like yours the minute I felt better about myself......the way this is going I could have a candy floss pink buzz cut in about a month :0)

Do you mean me? Your photos are fab - you are already like me (if not better!)

Yep, dancing, I meant you...:D

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, you look really really good. I am my own worst enemy at the moment - I find it hard to appreciate just how much I have lost and get very frustrated at the wobbly bits still there. I am impatient! Then I look at photos like yours and realise that the end is near and pretty soon the wobbly bits will be banished forever. And looking at the fat photos of myself every day sort of helps :eek:

Yep, dancing, I meant you...:D

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, you look really really good. I am my own worst enemy at the moment - I find it hard to appreciate just how much I have lost and get very frustrated at the wobbly bits still there. I am impatient! Then I look at photos like yours and realise that the end is near and pretty soon the wobbly bits will be banished forever. And looking at the fat photos of myself every day sort of helps :eek:

I think you have done so incredibly well, I guess it sometimes takes a while for the brain to catch up with the body and realise the amazing weight loss you have had. Do you sometimes see yourself in a mirror and think woah! whos that? lol You will soon be able to see what we can.

You are an inspiration so thank you

I've no answer re your query about SS+ but can i just say OMG you look amazing!!!! You've done fantastically well and trust me, it shows x

Just want to reitterate everyone else's comments. You are looking fabulous.
I started on the 7th April on SS and only wish i'd had the same success as you.
Congratulations.

Well done you have done Fabulous Girl!Running after those kids probably helps!

wow...ive just looked at your pics...that is an amazing weightloss and you look soo much more happy....youre an inspiration to us all...

Diddy x

Ahh thanks..........I just can't believe I didn't do this diet years ago. I tried and failed at so many others and for years I felt so so bad about myself.....and yes, it has been a sacrifice, but what is a few months in a life that hopefully will be around for tens of years? A tiny little speck. And all my favourite restaurants will still be there when I am finished so I can wait to treat myself......

It's been such an inspiration looking at profiles on here of people that were in the same place as me and got to where they want to be.......and I want to be one of those people soon! :0)

Good luck to all of you and thanks so much for all the kind words. :eek:

Your looking great, well done.

one word..................insperational

Back