vibration plate

Flipsangel

Was thinking of buying a vibration plate and wondered if anyone has one and are they any good for weightloss?

I would like to stress that you have to do a workout, not just use a vibration plate as a workout in itself.

I was in my intro for the gym, my trainer took me round and showed me everything, did a few bits n pieces (no significant workout) and went on the vibraxis, I can say it tickled and that was the height of it. Now I go on it at the end of a workout and it is HARD. Like exercise is supposed to be. The difference between doing it after a proper workout, and not, is really significant.

I would like to stress that you have to do a workout, not just use a vibration plate as a workout in itself.

I was in my intro for the gym, my trainer took me round and showed me everything, did a few bits n pieces (no significant workout) and went on the vibraxis, I can say it tickled and that was the height of it. Now I go on it at the end of a workout and it is HARD. Like exercise is supposed to be. The difference between doing it after a proper workout, and not, is really significant.

this^

i use the plate in the gym and its really good for toning up :)

I'm pretty sure just standing on it doens't do much good. Doing stretches and resistance exercise on it however can really work.

If it's a purchase because you want it to be an easy workout, think again!

Good luck, and I hope it works out!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I decided to buy one and if you do a squat while on the machine it definately works the legs :) that's all I've tried for now.

Vibration plates are a good way to improve your muscle tone (a lot quicker than a full weight-bearing workout) but are not a cardio workout- in other words you will still need to do walking, swimming, sports or whatever you usually do to burn off calories and improve your CV fitness. If you are looking for an exercise for at home which is primarily for burning calories, go for a stepper, mini-trampoline, rower, treadmill or bike, but if you are looking for a quick muscle toning workout the vibration plates are quite good. When I worked out more at home I used both a stepper and a vibration plate which was excellent but the thing is with any exercise you find you have to mix it up because your body adapts over time and it gets too easy doing the same stuff.

I was thinking of buying one of these aswell and probley am going to.. but was told that i would defo have to carry on with my usual exercise also...

I bought one for...ahem..my wife and have added it my routine. I have sore knees and find squats on the plate compliment well my stretches. Done quite a bit of research and concluded that they have a reasonably significant and positive impact on muscle strength and jump height but do not deliver any major weightloss

I've not tried to lose weight with one but I have really tight calf muscles and it's great for stretching out my legs after a hard workout :) it's part of my cool down now :) and I've noticed a lot less pain the next day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back