Vibroplate?

glammam

Just wondering if any of you fellow lipotrimmers have or are using a vibroplate? I am thinking of starting to use one next week...and also starting to do pilates. Only a 20 min dvd, nothing too strenuous. Really want to tone up my middle. Any thoughts or tips welcome!!!

Hi I have never uses one but I was advised by someone that in order for a vibroplate to be effective you need to work the muscles first! not sure how correct it is tho! I like pilates but as I am only on second day and going to wait to excercise til I well an truly into fat burning! as I was advised it would make my muscles hurt too much if do it to soon! I think I will try yoga as its relaxing :) x

I have done a lot of research into VLCD's and exercise... firstly not many journals cover it.. you have two sides of the story..

1st.. i spoke to chucknorris on this forum.. he lost around 7lbs a week and did no exercise and stuck to it.. i think during week 16 or so.. he did light exercise and found it didnt help.. so not sure how great exercise is when doing VLCD's (very low calorie diet)

The journal i found compared 2 groups.. those who were on a VLCD (not lipotrim) and did 20 mins of light-moderate cardio 3 times a week.. vs those who did resistance exercise for same time period.. they found that they both lost a good rate of weight however the ones who did resistance exercise had a better body composure.. so they had more lean body mass.. than those who did cardio..

The regime they followed was.. 8 exercises.. 4 upper body 4 lower body.. they set the resistance to the amount they could perform 15 reps.. where the 15th rep.. took it out of them.. as in they struggled.. they would do them for a week and then look to increase resistance..

I hope this helps.. if you need more details let me know.. but if im honest.. i think key is KEEP IT SIMPLE.. and just be 100% and drink plenty... and the weight will come off..

As fatbrit said, the evidence suggests that aerobic exercise is fair less important to weightloss than diet, however, there is weight loss and weightloss. I think it's important to try and keep hold of as much lean muscle mass as possible. This is key to keeping the weight off in future. So exercise is very important in my opinion, especially resistance training, which suits me, as an ex rugby player I used to love chucking weights around in a gym!

Back