Cruise PP Vietnamese shaking beef

Kay Knight

This recipe is gorgeous I took it from the Dukan Diet Recipe Book which arrived today:

400g Sirloin Steak
2 Tblsns Soya Sauce
1 Tblsn Oyster Sauce
I large piece of ginger (I used a tspn of ground ginger)
Black Pepper
4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
A few coriander leaves, chopped (Again I used dried)

Cut the beef into 1/2 inch cubes. Mix with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger and black pepper. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins. Just before serving, brown the garlic in a frying pan (oiled and wiped with a kitchen paper). As soon as the garlic is nearly cooked add the meat and cook it over a very high heat, stirring the mixture quickly, for 10-15 seconds. The meat should not be overcooked and should still be a little rare, decorate with coriander.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh that sounds lovely! and not too difficult to do either.
Does everything besides the meat count as seasoning? if so does this mean it is OK for PP days?

i would of thought its pp sounds good to me

may be off for oyster sauce tomorrow lol

I have done this in the slow cooker using skirt beef and adding enough water to cover. I used lazy garlic and lazy ginger - remember to rinse the vinegar off! Yum :)

I just do as much steak as I think I need for the amount of people eating it, usually its just for me and hubby but may put a bit more steak in if one or more of the kids are home then I do some noodles or rice for them to go with it, it is definately my favourite meal but make sure you drink extra water on the days you have it as the soy sauce is quite salty

Hi,

Had this tonight was really good, next time will make a bit more than two steaks chopped up for me and hubby, could have eaten double the amount. It was yummy:D

It really is lovely but I'll add another caution to the thread, because there are a lot of new people around at the moment, who I'd advise to stay well away... keep it up your sleeve for one of "those moments", or perhaps when you have guests to feed, rather than integrate it into your regular weekly recipes as it contains ingredients which don't follow his rules (even though yes I know where it came from!!! several of us found we stalled when eating it!)

Back