Visits to CDC - how often do you go now??

Discussion in 'CD 1000-maintenance' started by boardwitless, 24 January 2010 Social URL.

1. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I only have a small amount to lose now, but I still go to my CDC every Thursday. I just wondered how many maintainers or near-maintainers still visit their CDC and whether they go every week. I know that the last few pounds are not going to be a short term fix (I've lost 6lbs in a week on SS in the past) but it's not about that now as I'm easing back into 'normal' eating.
    Having stayed the same last week, I wonder if I would do myself more favours by weighing in every 2 weeks to see more of a long term change, or a trend, rather than a definite weekly loss.
    I would be interested in finding out when others cut down their visits to their CDC. My lady is fab, and I enjoy seeing her but I would rather lengthen my visits now than risk getting demotivated when the scales don't move every week.
    How have y'all done it yourselves?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. herewego

herewego Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi - As soon as I went on 810 I extended my weekly visits to every 2 weeks and then once I was on 1000 it was every 4 weeks (or so). Now I see her once every 6 weeks or so whenever I want to buy some packs. I don't like to go too often as it becomes a motivation and as it's not one I can sustain long term (as I have no plans of seeing her every week for the rest of my life!) I really tried to get used to longer breaks between visits.

Well done on getting so close to goal! It's great, isn't it!

4. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

I am at goal now just pushed myself to stay with cd to get rid of a few more pounds.! But from next week as i have only 4 lbs to go plan to go every 5-6 weeks for weigh check and stock up on bars, as i will carry on having the bars in my diet on WW.! will count the points for them.x

5. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Thanks for the replies - I didn't think about the aspect of using the visits as a 'control' and having to let go sooner or later but that's a valid point too. I know it's not a race to lose the last few pounds, in fact I would rather lose at half a pound a week or thereabouts, so that the transition to maintenance is not so noticeable as being 'on' a diet and then 'finished' with the diet.
    Hi Alli, yes, it does feel good - and having set and smashed a couple of higher targets on the way down, I never thought I would ever be in this position.....:D

6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hey there hun

I dropped down to once a fortnight when I reached 1200, I kept it at that until I reached goal weight. I stopped visiting when I reached goal and no longer needed packs. Although my CDC would have been more than happy for me to keep popping in for weigh ins personally I was keen to make the break from CD and move into maintenance.

I think you do whatever feels right and comfortable for you. As you move through the plans I think it is natural to not feel the need to go every week.

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.