vitamins.... and iron

abz

Gold Member
hi guys. well i'm trying to get pregnant, so i can't take regular multivits as they have vitamin A in them. so i got some for people trying to conceive, only to find that they have iron in them.

i seem to remember that we can't take iron supplements whilst low-carbing. is this right?

if so then i'm not going to be able to take any without buying each one individually, which frankly i cannot afford...

abz xx

The mulitvit (mulitbionta brand) i take has 33% rda iron in it, i don't feel i've had a problem through this though and didn't even know or realise i wasn't meant to be having extra iron... lol.. Guess you have to be extra careful and particular though when trying for a baby :)

Yes abz, if you are eating plenty of red meat then you will be getting sufficient iron love.

hey guys. well i just asked my doc and because i only eat red meat once or twice a week he doesn't think there will be any problems with my vits having iron in them :) trying to find one for getting preggers, so no vit A and no iron was proving to be pricey, so as long as i don't eat steak every day i should be fine :)

abz xx

Good news then abz.

Back