Vitamins and Minerals

Hmmmm

Hi, I have been taking a vitamin and mineral tablet - brought from Tesco after my GP suggested it would be helpful while dieting. However, everytime I take it is makes me feel really queezy for about 40 mins after - it doesn't matter what time of day and whether it is with food or not I get the same sicky feeling to the point I could vomit! :confused:

Could this be a reaction to the Zen? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

I must be honest and admit that I have totally forgotten all about my multivitamins. Really must get some in, although with the Xen shortage then I am in no hurry as have a feeling wont be on it much longer :(

Hi, I have been taking a vitamin and mineral tablet - brought from Tesco after my GP suggested it would be helpful while dieting. However, everytime I take it is makes me feel really queezy for about 40 mins after - it doesn't matter what time of day and whether it is with food or not I get the same sicky feeling to the point I could vomit! :confused:

neither the doctor or practice nurse advised me about vitamins so dont really know. thinking back to pregnancy naseau would arrowroot or ginger helpful cant remember which - my youngest is nearly 19 so it was some time ago lol

just had another thought - any better if you take it at bedtime?

Poppy's right, I was told to take the vitamins at night 'cos they are 'fat soluable' which I think means that some of the vitamins need fat to be properly absorbed by your body. If you take them during the day, they may be absorbed by fat, which is blocked by the xen, so you don't get much good from them. At night, there is less xen in your system, so your body has some chance to slowly absorb them. They told me this goes against the usual advice which is to take vitamins in the morning/daytime to get the best of them. I think on xen, if you take them around the time you have a xen, you're probably just flushing them away if you get my drift...

Thanks for your thoughts - I will try and take them tonight - I can't bstand the sick feeling anymore so if it doesn't work I will have to stop taking them! Good idea about the ginger - hadn't thought of that - I think I have got some Ginger Tea in the cupboard - I'll give that a go too! xx

Hope you feel better soon and the sickness goes away. x

Thanks for your thoughts - I will try and take them tonight - I can't bstand the sick feeling anymore so if it doesn't work I will have to stop taking them! Good idea about the ginger - hadn't thought of that - I think I have got some Ginger Tea in the cupboard - I'll give that a go too! xx

how have you got on?

I don't take any as I'm on slimming world and have between 6-10 different types of fruit and veggies a day, along side wholemeal carbs and lean meat. So My diet is healthier than its ever been.

However - when I was ill in pregnancy I couldn't hold anything down (I was vomiting up to 40 times a day), and multivits used to come up before they were even dissolved (sorry TMI I know!!). I found I could stomach berocca much better - it could be sipped over the course of an hour or so if I was having a particularly bad day x

Hi, I took them last night - just before I went to bed and didn't get any side-effects - I could have been asleep though :) Will try again tonight but may have done the trick! Thanks very much for all your ideas and experiences! xx

Back